You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Naples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naples
    Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 4:43pm
Anywan been? To a match or holiday. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Did a holiday a few years back, grand town with a lot of "culture". Nice area down by a fort with nice restaurants. Pompeii obviously for a day trip, easy to do via the train. Loads of islands off it for some beach, we stayed in Ischia. Amalfi coast has some lovely towns but very expensive even for B&B's. Positano is the most famous obviously. Try to stay 2 nights there at least and do a boat trip along the coast or something
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Did a holiday a few years back, grand town with a lot of "culture". Nice area down by a fort with nice restaurants. Pompeii obviously for a day trip, easy to do via the train. Loads of islands off it for some beach, we stayed in Ischia. Amalfi coast has some lovely towns but very expensive even for B&B's. Positano is the most famous obviously. Try to stay 2 nights there at least and do a boat trip along the coast or something
yeah was looking at Ischia. Looks a lovely spot
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 5:09pm
Only stopped off briefly while on a day trip from Rome to Pompeii.
We to a museum that had a lot of roman sculptures and was good if your into that. 
City was very colourful and nice views of the volcano.

Would you be going for a weekend and go to Pompeii? Sorrento would be good option for that too
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 5:12pm
Been to Sorrento before. Thinking of bringing the kids to a Napoli match and doing a few nights. Like the idea of Ischia,maybe 2 nights there,and 2 in Naples. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 5:53pm
Haven’t been myself but my Dad said the city is dodgy as f**k.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Pickpockets?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 5:57pm

Pickpockets?
Off the scale
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 6:02pm
I wouldnt advise itas I heae you die afterwards
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 6:13pm
Was there a couple of years back when there was a midnight curfew for covid. Think three nights in total in the centre of the city. Nice spot. Locals were grand. Happy enough going back if I was down that way. I am sure there are rough spots at night like down towards the central bus and train stations but you wouldn’t be heading down there at night anyway.

Can’t imagine you’d feel any safer or not in parts of Dublin. If you look for trouble you’ll find it!! 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 6:13pm
I thought Naples was a bit of a sh*thole especially round the two central train stations that are near each other. 

Don't think I'd even stay a night there tbh. 

Amalfi coast is beautiful. 

Sorrento is probably the best to use as a base. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 6:22pm
Very random that this thread popped up but was thinking of going over for Napoli Barcelona later in the month. Are restrictions eased in Italy atm? Seemed to be plenty tickets online when I checked at the weekend.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 6:23pm

Pickpockets?
Off the scale

My sister honeymooned or was proposed to in Sorrento. I've never been but I've been told that there are rats everywhere and that the city has a major garbage problem.

Aside from that, I'm sure it's beautiful. It's Italy. You can't really go wrong.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 7:01pm
Didn’t Hoskins nod off on a train when in Bari and end up there and subsequently missed the game?? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 7:28pm
Did spend a couple of days there during Italia 90 . 
 Managed to get a ticket for the semi final and got out of the ground very sharp after full time , you could feel murder in the air .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 7:54pm
As mentioned above the castel dell'ovo area is lovely, great spot full of quality restaurants and bars, and an easy enough walk to the ferry to Sorrento etc.

I love the place, but it certainly has an edge to it and the main station is 50/50 chance of getting mugged which only adds to the excitement of your trip.

Pizza is unbelievable 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 8:11pm
Was here for a few nights about 17 years ago now, most people say it's a kip and don't like it but I liked it!, just got beered out of it and ate pizza.

Went out to Pompei and Mount V.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 8:40pm
Sorrento is full of English Irish and yanks you will barely meet an Italian and very pricey 

Was there or Garda for our honeymoon glad we went to Garda 

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic