You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nani ....embarassing silence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nani ....embarassing silence
    Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:25pm
Watched the Utd game today in the pub and the Nani incident when he took a ridiculously easy shoulder and acted like he needed help was greeted with silence from all the Utd barstoolers. Previous to this they were shouting abuse aat the tv , at Gerrard, at Torres , at the ref , etc etc but the place just went into silence.
The kind of , sweep it under the carpet shame, I really wish he didnt do that silence.

I proposed the question to one : If Giggs went over right now and hit him an almighty boot in the hole would you applaud ? His response was 'hed probably be a legend all over the world.

Would you like to see it happen. One of your players walking up to a fellow team member that dived and giving him a kick up the arse.
I would
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:28pm
nani is a disgrace , i have been saying that since he came to united , dispicable human being
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

Watched the Utd game today in the pub and the Nani incident when he took a ridiculously easy shoulder and acted like he needed help was greeted with silence from all the Utd barstoolers. Previous to this they were shouting abuse aat the tv , at Gerrard, at Torres , at the ref , etc etc but the place just went into silence.The kind of , sweep it under the carpet shame, I really wish he didnt do that silence.I proposed the question to one : If Giggs went over right now and hit him an almighty boot in the hole would you applaud ? His response was 'hed probably be a legend all over the world.Would you like to see it happen. One of your players walking up to a fellow team member that dived and giving him a kick up the arse.I would

Ye id say a top manager would love to see a player strike a team mate
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:34pm
Are you a top manager ?????????????]
You must not have undertood the question ?
Sorry if you are a top manager by the way .

Would you applaud one of your own standing up to a diver on that same team ?
The hypocrasy that goes on, blaming refs , linesmen etc etc etc but never has a player pulled up one of his own for this diabolical sh*te.
So thats why I asked.

Im talking about YOU, the fan of the game of football and then of course the team you support. For most fans they love the game first and then they love the club that plays that game, but sadly for many the game is forgotten about and its all about the team whether they dive or not.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:37pm
LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:51pm

Are you a top manager ?????????????]You must not have undertood the question ?Sorry if you are a top manager by the way .Would you applaud one of your own standing up to a diver on that same team ?The hypocrasy that goes on, blaming refs , linesmen etc etc etc but never has a player pulled up one of his own for this diabolical sh*te.So thats why I asked.Im talking about YOU, the fan of the game of football and then of course the team you support. For most fans they love the game first and then they love the club that plays that game, but sadly for many the game is forgotten about and its all about the team whether they dive or not.

Nani dived- just like owen, rooney, eduardo etc etc etc have before him- its up to the ref to book him- get over it- loads of players do it
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:53pm

Watched the Utd game today in the pub and the Nani incident when he took a ridiculously easy shoulder and acted like he needed help was greeted with silence from all the Utd barstoolers. Previous to this they were shouting abuse aat the tv , at Gerrard, at Torres , at the ref , etc etc but the place just went into silence.
The kind of , sweep it under the carpet shame, I really wish he didnt do that silence.

I proposed the question to one : If Giggs went over right now and hit him an almighty boot in the hole would you applaud ? His response was 'hed probably be a legend all over the world.

Would you like to see it happen. One of your players walking up to a fellow team member that dived and giving him a kick up the arse.
I would
United fans are hardly going to start shouting abuse at him now in fairness Athlonecelt. Same way Liverpool fans wouldn't shout abuse at Gerrard or Torres or better still, Irish fans when Keane does it now and then.

You won't see a team mate do it at that level but you would down at amateur level. Often seen a player telling a team mate to get the fook up in the Meath and District League when I played there. Also heard a ref ask a player did he think he was Drogba in the MDL once tooLOL.

O'Shea did try and get him to his feet at one stage so they could carry on with the game. Agree it's annoying and hateful but that's the way it is with the present generation of footballers. Until FIFA do something about it, it's not going to change.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Watched the Utd game today in the pub and the Nani incident when he took a ridiculously easy shoulder and acted like he needed help was greeted with silence from all the Utd barstoolers. Previous to this they were shouting abuse aat the tv , at Gerrard, at Torres , at the ref , etc etc but the place just went into silence.The kind of , sweep it under the carpet shame, I really wish he didnt do that silence.I proposed the question to one : If Giggs went over right now and hit him an almighty boot in the hole would you applaud ? His response was 'hed probably be a legend all over the world.Would you like to see it happen. One of your players walking up to a fellow team member that dived and giving him a kick up the arse.I would

United fans are hardly going to start shouting abuse at him now in fairness Athlonecelt. Same way Liverpool fans wouldn't shout abuse at Gerrard or Torres or better still, Irish fans when Keane does it now and then.

You won't see a team mate do it at that level but you would down at amateur level. Often seen a player telling a team mate to get the fook up in the Meath and District League when I played there. Also heard a ref ask a player did he think he was Drogba in the MDL once tooLOL.

O'Shea did try and get him to his feet at one stage so they could carry on with the game. Agree it's annoying and hateful but that's the way it is with the present generation of footballers. Until FIFA do something about it, it's not going to change.

Exactly- duff has dived loads of times at club and international level- its part of the game these days- its up to the refs to book the players- im not gonna start shouting abuse at a player from my team for doing something thats done by countless players
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 1:08pm
FIFA don't care about football, I think thats obvious, and as for FIFA Fair Play, dont make me LOL

We are now watching more and more a performing art. The way its going, the 90 minutes will be scripted like that wrestling muck.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 1:10pm
The problem is AthloneCelt...it's very hard to see how much contact there was from a barstoolTongue
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The problem is AthloneCelt...it's very hard to see how much contact there was from a barstoolTongue

LOL
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 1:34pm
Must have been a pupil of the Dave Wilson school of football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6Onp_Hxt0
There are friendlier places to drink.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

FIFA don't care about football, I think thats obvious, and as for FIFA Fair Play, dont make me LOL

We are now watching more and more a performing art. The way its going, the 90 minutes will be scripted like that wrestling muck.

Yes thats really likely to happen a scripted football game

DAMIEN DUFF HAS DIVED NUMEROUS TIMES FOR IRELAND AND FOR HIS CLUBS- SO HAS ROBBIE KEANE
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Yes thats really likely to happen a scripted football game

DAMIEN DUFF HAS DIVED NUMEROUS TIMES FOR IRELAND AND FOR HIS CLUBS- SO HAS ROBBIE KEANE

Doesn't make it right though. the scripted remark was obviously tongue in cheek, but the comparison with wrestling remains. people throwing themselves on the ground without being touched, rolling around in agony, its ridiculous and if it continues the game will be ruined.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 3:13pm
Nani was an absolute disgrace today..just when u think the lad has turned a corner and become a good player..he goes out and plays like that..diving all over the shop

Joker

Edited by Gaz - 19 Sep 2010 at 3:15pm
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 3:25pm
I just think it would be really refreshing to see someone pull him up and run off.
True players dive but I think Its worse when they stay down for so long as if everybody watching are completely retarded and believe what they are in pain.
If you hit Drogba in a night club , does he really fall that easy ? and stay on the ground ?
Nani took a shoulder today. A f**king shoulder. And stayed down for minutes. Nobody, absolutely nobody in the ground even considering he was hurt. I knew it was bull sh*t, his team mates knew it was bullsh*t, Liverpool players knew it was bullsh*t, Fergie knew it was bullsh*t, the td fans knew it was bullsh*t.
How on earth could it hurt ?????????? As a football fan , how embarassing to say thats the game we love, Imagine the Kilkenny/ Tipp hurlers watching that sh*te. Then up he gets and runs off. NOT A WORD FROM FERGIE. Not that youd expect it, but he has a go at everyone else.

How refreshing it wud be if he was just left there to get up and trot off.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 3:28pm

I just think it would be really refreshing to see someone pull him up and run off.
True players dive but I think Its worse when they stay down for so long as if everybody watching are completely retarded and believe what they are in pain.
If you hit Drogba in a night club , does he really fall that easy ? and stay on the ground ?
Nani took a shoulder today. A f**king shoulder. And stayed down for minutes. Nobody, absolutely nobody in the ground even considering he was hurt. I knew it was bull sh*t, his team mates knew it was bullsh*t, Liverpool players knew it was bullsh*t, Fergie knew it was bullsh*t, the td fans knew it was bullsh*t.
How on earth could it hurt ?????????? As a football fan , how embarassing to say thats the game we love, Imagine the Kilkenny/ Tipp hurlers watching that sh*te. Then up he gets and runs off. NOT A WORD FROM FERGIE. Not that youd expect it, but he has a go at everyone else.

How refreshing it wud be if he was just left there to get up and trot off.

Neither do the other managers Confused 

Mourinho never said anything when Drogba and Robben did it when he was at Chelsea. Stop trying to make out it's only a problem at Utd FFS it happens at other clubs as well.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 3:44pm
It needs to be stamped out at a higher level.
There is soo much at stake now that cheating is acceptable - in that every club is involved in it some way or another.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic