Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Roy Keane Diary: 'A day in the life'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 3:39pm
RTEs Tommie Gorman says his four decades with station have gone too fast  after announcing his retirement

RTE's Tommy Gorman sits down with Meghan Markle in a tell all interview...

TG:  To get you to put in context the reasons for the row between yourself and the Royal Family.  Was it bad blood between yourself and Lizzie or was it the bad preparations in the palace?
MM: Obviously a lot has been said over the last few months but I'm here to tell the truth.  The last straw was obviously being accused of faking mental illness.
TG:But what happened before that? The impression we have is somebody who went over there who was looking to marry into the Royal family, who wanted to do well for the Royal family and just felt that the training you in just wasn't going well.
MM: The first night after the wedding there was a meal and Liz gave a speech and the Royal doctor spoke saying to be careful of the press and what to do and what not to do and he continued on saying to look after your mental health but there were no therapists here and I was thinking why aren't there therapists here?  That's not being pig headed, that's not being a primadonna its just being honest. I was disappointed straight away with that.  I went to my room feeling down and later on went to Lizzie's room and told her I was disappointed that there were no mental health facilities in the palace and she said they were supposed to be here 2 yrs ago,  I said 'Liz! They should have been here 30 years ago!'

TG: Did you think you had support from the other Royals because they were Royals aswell?
MM:  Listen, it was a bit of a laugh and a joke but I told Liz there was going to be mental health issues and 3 days later there was.
TG:  So you threatened to leave, that you wanted to come home.  How was that sorted out?
MM: They just said 'We'll protect you Meghan.' Mick Byrne came to my room and said Stay Meghan, we'll sort things out.  I believed them. I decided to stick it out.  Then he came back to my room later on saying I have 3 minutes to make up my mind. I said I'd say.  Of course I had already agreed to do an interview with The Irish Times and...
TG: But do you see from Lizzies perspective this was a challenge to her authority?
MM:  The article was fine.  I questioned the mental health facilities..  It was the truth.
TG: Then a hastily arranged meeting took place..
MM:  Liz came in. I knew it was about the interview.She went on to say that she was disappointed.  I just said to myself 'just stay calm'.  I had spoken to Fergie and she said she picked up a mental health problem and there wasn't the right facilities.  The press say I give people hell.  I tell the truth.
TG:  Do you accept that the language you used was not appropriate for a Royal.
MM: She knew I wasn't right!  I had told her I had mental health issues. She knew that.  I wasn't going to accept her having a go at me.
TG: But do you accept you went too far Meghan
MM:  If I felt for one second, for one second , that I was a little bit out of order I'd apologise and go back and be a Royal. But I'm 100% right.  Some senior Royals agree with me but when they had their chance to speak they just sat there and I just walked out of the room and walked out on being a Royal and not one person backed me up. Not one!
TG:  What about the view of Lizzie.  There's a view in the British press that she's a good woman, an honest woman.
MM:  Liz has obviously had a very good career and done very well.  I wouldn't say I know Liz that well but generally found her ok but that came to an end the other night. The press make out I'ma  loner and stay all day in my room...Then there was a dinner with the press and Liz said she wanted the press on their side. Good luck to 'em.
TG: But what about all the little kids in the UK who would love to see you back.  Kids that will never have a chance.  There are 13 or 14 year olds who are haunted by whats going on.
MM:  They'll get over it. I have to stand up for what I believe in.  What happened to me was wrong.  Then within 20 mins of the meeting the Royals released a statement saying our money had been cut off and priviliges and security taken away.  People look at them as role models.  They're cowards.  Then a couple of the Royals came to my room to say their goodbyes. Said 'we respected everything you said Meghan but we want to be Royals.  They said if its any consolation when you left the room Lizzie said 'we have to stick together now' and there was a round of applause but we didn't cllap.'  I said thanks very much.  Then I rang Fergie and asked to arrange a flight home.
TG: Alex Ferguson?
MM:  No Sarah Ferguson. The Duchess. She understood everything.  But like I say I didn't want to be going to the media.  I didn;t want to be doing this interview today.  Then I got back to L.A. and my solicitor Michael Kennedy said 'you need to say somethign because there is an imbalance in the story' as I hears a lot of stuff that was coming out about me, stuff that wasn't true. Stuff like I made Kate Middleton cry. Nonsense. I need to speak out.  The people of Britain need to know the truth.  I'm human. I think I was forced into a corner. My conscience is clear. 
TG: If you thought that they would take you back..(interrupted)
MM:  What do you mean 'take me back'?!
TG If you thought that they would love you back that Liz was prepared to bury the hatchet, what would Meghan Markle say?
MM:  I really don't know..
TG: The country would love you back
MM:  I'd love to be back but its up to other people..
TG:  It would do so much for the morale of kids who will never have a chance
MM: I dont know.  I really don't know.  I need to stand up for what I believe in.  You weren't on that island.  The mental health facilities were a disgrace!
TG: There is talk now that there are some Royals who want you back (interrupted)
MM:  Maybe they are worried about their own reputations..  They had a chance to speak uplast year and said f**k all.
TG: But you can understand how things can be misunderstood. After all you went to Liz saying you had personal problems.
MM: Yeah that's right but that was on the Tuesday.  It was all forgotten about.
TG:  But could you not find a compromise.  Look at the Galway GAA team.  A sport you love Meghan. And the Donnelan brother made up with their manager and went on to win the All Ireland. Surely you could make up with the Royal family?
MM: Maybe...maybe.  Its out of my hands. I'm standing firm. The press make out I'm a loner, a bitch etc.. Nonsense.  What happened to me was wrong. I need to stand up for what I believe in.
TG:  This is hurting you Meghan isn't it?
MM: Dead right it is.

Edited by Trap junior - 09 Mar 2021 at 3:47pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:28pm
Welcome back TJ LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Welcome back TJ LOL

Yohhhhhhhhhhhhh the dude is back in town ClapClapClapClapClap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:22pm
quakity TJ LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:43pm
If this was in a book, I would buy it
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 1:50pm
I got over half way through that post believing it was real ffs. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:28pm
You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best! With guns , with knives, with his bare hands! A man who's been trained to ignore pain! To ignore weather! To live off the land! To eat things that would make a Billy goat puke! In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel..... to kill, period.

A famous quote.  But who said this about Roy Keane?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 10:24am
Roy Keane and Micah Richards Wembley road trip ends badly as Roy sees red mist

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 11:35am
Cork City, 10 August 1971 Roy Maurice Keane entered this world.   My mother used to tell me the nurse checked my head for 666.  She was joking I think.  Johnston says there must be something in it. 6 for Rockmount, 6 for Forest and 6 for Ireland.  666. And I was a Red Devil. My 50th birthday is today. 50. Fifty!  Theresa wants to hold a party and has invited some friends around.   I don't like parties.  People smiling, having fun.  Nonsense.   'Come on Roy lighten up!' Theresa encourages.  Ok.   Maybe it wont be so bad.  I'll get through it I tell myself. 
The party starts at 7.  Theresa has balloons up, laid on a big spread and is generally in great mood.  I'm in my room playing darts on my Alex Ferguson dartboard when she comes int to tell me to get showered and ready as everyone will be here soon.  I trudge off into the shower.  Scrub the armpits with the Brillo pads and Ajax.  Theresa hands me a T shirt with a  yellow smiley face with the caption 'Don't worry! Be happy!' on it.   ''Wear this at the party Roy it will be great!''  I give her a death stare.
I walk out into the garden and she has fairy lights up and the pool area is decorated with balloons and bunting and party hats.   I roll my eyes.

Tony Loughlin is the first to arrive.  And the last.  Theresa said she posted out loads on invitations. I thought Micah would have at least come.  Coward.  Theresa says ''they've let me down Roy''.  'Who's they?' I wondered.   There's food for about 50 guests and only one turned up. Triggs will be well fed tonight I thought.   But there's a surprise guest.  Theresa has hired a DJ. Here is this muppet arriving with decks with lights flashing.  'My God! Now you're in trouble' I thought. First song is Dancing Queen.  I tell the clown his services are no longer required and tell him to piss off. Theresa apologises for her husband as he packs up and hands him 500 in notes. Christ!   I didn't get that much a week at Forest! When I wanted more Brian Clough told me I was a greedy child.

Tony, me and Theresa are sitting around the pool in silence now. The perfect way to spend my birthday.  Theresa tells me to smile and have fun.  ''You're 50 for God's sake! Celebrate!''
Celebrate what?  I say.  ''Get excited when you're 100. I'm only 50. Do me a favour.''
Tony agrees with me.  Nothing to celebrate. Getting to 100 maybe. MAYBE. I don't celebrate failure. The job is only halfway done.

Theresa looks a bit deflated as she empties the food into black plastic bags as she cleans up.  Not sure why.  ''Went well I thought'' I say as I feed the cocktail sausages to Triggs.  She gives me a death stare.

Edited by Trap junior - 01 Aug 2021 at 11:42am

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Cork City, 10 August 1971 Roy Maurice Keane entered this world.   My mother used to tell me the nurse checked my head for 666.  She was joking I think.  Johnston says there must be something in it. 6 for Rockmount, 6 for Forest and 6 for Ireland.  666. And I was a Red Devil. My 50th birthday is today. 50. Fifty!  Theresa wants to hold a party and has invited some friends around.   I don't like parties.  People smiling, having fun.  Nonsense.   'Come on Roy lighten up!' Theresa encourages.  Ok.   Maybe it wont be so bad.  I'll get through it I tell myself. 
The party starts at 7.  Theresa has balloons up, laid on a big spread and is generally in great mood.  I'm in my room playing darts on my Alex Ferguson dartboard when she comes int to tell me to get showered and ready as everyone will be here soon.  I trudge off into the shower.  Scrub the armpits with the Brillo pads and Ajax.  Theresa hands me a T shirt with a  yellow smiley face with the caption 'Don't worry! Be happy!' on it.   ''Wear this at the party Roy it will be great!''  I give her a death stare.
I walk out into the garden and she has fairy lights up and the pool area is decorated with balloons and bunting and party hats.   I roll my eyes.

Tony Loughlin is the first to arrive.  And the last.  Theresa said she posted out loads on invitations. I thought Micah would have at least come.  Coward.  Theresa says ''they've let me down Roy''.  'Who's they?' I wondered.   There's food for about 50 guests and only one turned up. Triggs will be well fed tonight I thought.   But there's a surprise guest.  Theresa has hired a DJ. Here is this muppet arriving with decks with lights flashing.  'My God! Now you're in trouble' I thought. First song is Dancing Queen.  I tell the clown his services are no longer required and tell him to piss off. Theresa apologises for her husband as he packs up and hands him 500 in notes. Christ!   I didn't get that much a week at Forest! When I wanted more Brian Clough told me I was a greedy child.

Tony, me and Theresa are sitting around the pool in silence now. The perfect way to spend my birthday.  Theresa tells me to smile and have fun.  ''You're 50 for God's sake! Celebrate!''
Celebrate what?  I say.  ''Get excited when you're 100. I'm only 50. Do me a favour.''
Tony agrees with me.  Nothing to celebrate. Getting to 100 maybe. MAYBE. I don't celebrate failure. The job is only halfway done.

Theresa looks a bit deflated as she empties the food into black plastic bags as she cleans up.  Not sure why.  ''Went well I thought'' I say as I feed the cocktail sausages to Triggs.  She gives me a death stare.

Clap LOL

Excellent as ever, TJ.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 7:56pm
quality 👏🏻 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:02pm
Wonderful stuff! Well done TJ!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:27pm
LOLClap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:20pm
I did laugh at the Brillo and Ajax gag
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:53pm
Tony Loughlin did it for me as the only guest.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:51am
ClapLOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 5:17pm
Brilliant TJ LOLLOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:50pm

Over here: Republic assistant boss Roy Keane is looking back to the days of Jack Charlton for inspiration

Here&amp;#39;s Johnny! Special one-off screening of The Shining coming this  Halloween - Grimsby Live

Edited by Trap junior - 15 Sep 2021 at 2:54pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940>
  Share Topic