Topic ClosedMy Euro Rant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Euro Rant
    Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:35pm
Much as I'm enjoying the tournament with the good matches far outweighing the bad, many things happening in this tournament are really pissing me off and they reflect the failings of UEFA/FIFA and players/Managers of today, so I'll list a few of my pet hates from Euro 2008.

1. Players feigning injury to get play stopped.  FFS this is now beyond a joke, 9 out of every 10 players that go down injured, then get up and run around immediately.  Refs or whoever's instructing them should book a player who does that.  Another simple solution would be to do like rugby, let the physio on the park while the ball is still in play and the game will continue.  That'd soon stop the cnuts feigning injury.

2. Standard of crossing is rubbish, apart from Italy in the 1st half v Romania.  Players getting into great positions and putting in a feeble cross that the 1st defender blocks, or lashing it 20 yards too long.  What are doing in training ffs?

3. The pulling and dragging in the box.  Howard Webb was the only ref to have the balls to give a peno.

4. So called French stars not trying a leg. Anelka v Romania, Henry tonight v Italy and turning his back on the free and poking out a token boot, serves him right it ended in the fckn net.  Only Benzema and to a lesser degree Toulalan had a go for France tonight.

5. The Fckn Ronaldo circus.  I've just been watching Sky Sports News with the Sky reporter quizzing the Great One about his future when he TOLD everyone last week he wouldn't discuss it till after the tournament.  The Sky Reporter then holds up a fckn LOLLIPOP that the Great One had been sucking.  A FOOKIN LOLLIPOP!!! Jaysus fckn wept, P*ss off.

Apart from the above, it's a tremendous tournament.  Roll on some cracking Quarter Finals later in the week!
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:46pm
ClapClapClap good man FW
MERRY CHRISTMAS

@IrishPercy
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:47pm
Not trying to rob your Title Percy, but just a few things that are really annoying me! 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
tirchonaill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

1. Players feigning injury to get play stopped.  FFS this is now beyond a joke, 9 out of every 10 players that go down injured, then get up and run around immediately.  Refs or whoever's instructing them should book a player who does that.  Another simple solution would be to do like rugby, let the physio on the park while the ball is still in play and the game will continue.  That'd soon stop the cnuts feigning injury.

It is pretty sickening watching these ballerinas falling around the place.. Was it Gattuso got booked tonight, he went in late alright but did not even catch the french fellow and he went down as though pole axed..
Suppose it is hard for the refs to tell a lot of these but when a fellow dives in the box and if he does not give a pen, then its an obvious booking for the dive..
Its the one thing where they could take in tv evidence on these sissys diving about and give them bans

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 5:08pm
Good man FW.....ye moany c*nt
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 5:10pm
Apres Match cheers me up though!  How good was it tonight........."Ireland's Got Analysis"........ha ha, it was brilliant. LOL 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

The Sky Reporter then holds up a fckn LOLLIPOP that the Great One had been sucking.  A FOOKIN LOLLIPOP!!! Jaysus fckn wept, P*ss off.

saw that as wellLOL, I was expecting him to lick it next, no doubt it's on ebay now
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic