Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MUFC . V Aitricity League XI @Aviva 4/8/1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

First of all I would like to say that I dont think Damien Richardson picked the strongest side he had available to him..... Kenna, Mulcahey and Sheppard all should have started.... Why was Finn and Podge not picked?  Secondly to say that this team has never played together isnt entirley true.... 6 of the starting line up play for Bohs and another, Joseph Ndo played last year... thats 7 players who played for the league champions.... I also reckon the result would have been a bit closer if there were about 4/5 Rovers players available.... Mannus (despite his performance against fingal) is easily the best keeper in the league, and I reckon Twigg, Sives, Price, Stewart and maybe Ricer would have gotten in...... All in all the LOI team performed so poor because of the lack of Rovers players! 

easily? is that a joke? hes not even the best never mind easily the best, imo cherrie is, mannus howler in oriel last year, 2 more howlers there on sunday, apart from flapping at a few crosses after coming back from injury cherrie has been immense

Cherrie is not even in Mannus's league.... So what if Mannus had a howler against you's in one game, sure Cherrie conceded 6 against Sofia a few weeks again.... Mannus has been immense this year, especially out in Isreal

jaysus green tinted glasses on there zizu

sure cherries been immense this year too, got named in numerous LOI team of the weeks and was one of the reasons why we had such a good start, as for the howlers i think its fair to say mannus has had a lot more than cherrie. so what if he conceded 6 against sofia, rodgers conceded 6 last night but thats not a reflection of his abilities

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 12:39pm

First of all I would like to say that I dont think Damien Richardson picked the strongest side he had available to him..... Kenna, Mulcahey and Sheppard all should have started.... Why was Finn and Podge not picked?  Secondly to say that this team has never played together isnt entirley true.... 6 of the starting line up play for Bohs and another, Joseph Ndo played last year... thats 7 players who played for the league champions.... I also reckon the result would have been a bit closer if there were about 4/5 Rovers players available.... Mannus (despite his performance against fingal) is easily the best keeper in the league, and I reckon Twigg, Sives, Price, Stewart and maybe Ricer would have gotten in...... All in all the LOI team performed so poor because of the lack of Rovers players! 
easily? is that a joke? hes not even the best never mind easily the best, imo cherrie is, mannus howler in oriel last year, 2 more howlers there on sunday, apart from flapping at a few crosses after coming back from injury cherrie has been immense
Cherrie is not even in Mannus's league.... So what if Mannus had a howler against you's in one game, sure Cherrie conceded 6 against Sofia a few weeks again.... Mannus has been immense this year, especially out in Isreal
jaysus green tinted glasses on there zizu sure cherries been immense this year too, got named in numerous LOI team of the weeks and was one of the reasons why we had such a good start, as for the howlers i think its fair to say mannus has had a lot more than cherrie. so what if he conceded 6 against sofia, rodgers conceded 6 last night but thats not a reflection of his abilities

Don't rate Rogers at all. Getting a lot of plaudits but I think it's down to St Pat's immense defence.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 12:53pm
me either tribal, was just making the point that because cherrie conceded 6 against levski doesnt mean it was his fault, i think everyone agrees its pats defence thats keeping the clean sheets

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:12pm
All three are better than out two this season IMO I used to rate Murphy but he is so uncontrolling of his box a good [infact great] shotstopper but thats it or maybe im just comparing him to the best LOI keeper ever in Brian.
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 1:24pm
gary rogers is good on his day but i found when he played with us he is prone to alot of errors
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Just copped on that there is a very fitting connection between the last game at Old Lansdowne and the first at the new Lansdowne.

Dave Mulcahy scored the first goal in the 2006 FAI Cup final and then netted the first for an Irish side at the redeveloped stadium.

What a BeastBig%20smile

i heard that he demolished the old stadium with his bear handsClap
cup champions
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

What a priviledge it was to see the first football match in the new Lansdowne Road,stadium is fantastic,pitch needed more water but the surface is great.People on this forum gone way down in my estimation after their narrow minded,jealous,foolish comments made on this thread.

Agreed, absolute dickheads

Like who? Grow some balls Sono and stop brown nosing

Everyone who's giving out about this match being played, who gives a ballox, it was a nothing game and the FAI made some good loot from it, what an occasion for the LOI lads playing against some of the best players in Europe, you reckon they thought this game was a disgrace? Confused

BUMP for Gouldy and Qman.

Edited by Sono - 05 Aug 2010 at 7:25pm
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 7:35pm
I was going to earlier Sono but i wasnt bothered. I think its an insult to have this match during the season. Ive lost respect for the players that played in it as its clear they dont have respect for themselves, their clubs or their league and it also applies to the clubs that released them. I cant take these players or clubs seriously anymore. When Shelbourne go bust im never gonna attend a LOI game again. If they cant respect themselves then why respect them. They did something similar with the MLS All Stars but they are contracted to the MLS. These players are not contracted to the FAI and they bent over and took it up the arse by them. Would this happen in other leagues?

I also think instead of calling random people names you should respond to quotes you take exception and explain what you disagree with. Too many people do this and The Boy Z should also of done this.

Edited by Gouldinho09 - 05 Aug 2010 at 7:37pm

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by city4life city4life wrote:

if the people goin tomorow night had any pride in themselves or their country they would be shouting for the league of ireland tomorow nite.i cudnt give a toss bout any english club only that our players are playing and playing well for them.how can people say "we" as in man utd when they have nothn to do with the place,embarresing stuff really.

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

Wouldn't go to this if i was paid to go

+1

OUR (the people of Ireland) new stadium and you will have Irish people in foregin teams jerseys cheering against players who represent their home towns in the LOI. If feel sick (truthfully).

If they play Amhrán na bhFiann for the LOI team will they be playing God save the queen for the Man U fans.

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Disgraceful by Eoin Hand... This match, I don't know... LOI team made a show of, playing in front of a stadium of red... Sick. Wasn't fair on them, on the League or on the League's fans. Tonight did nothing to help the league at all. Only had gimps laughing about how their team is better than the LOI

Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

It was an exhibition match alright, an exhibition at the sad state of this country and its mindset.

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Mulcahy...AGAIN

Get in. Lets get another ireland against the Brits

Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

I'm f**king delighted I gave away my tickets for this, coolant have sat in the middle of all gem united jerseys. Fair enough there's a load of kids at it but imagine sitting there beside grown men going to see United against an Irish team, wearing a new United kit and a green and yellow scarf singing Rooney songs

Fukin gimp fest in D4

Originally posted by baddler baddler wrote:

chanting of "Rooney Rooney"

I am so embarrassed to be Irish right now Angry Thumbs%20Down

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

im embarassed to be irish tonight, pathetic....some amount of mongs in the crowd

Ireland doing well against the Brits so far

Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Very sad alrite for the first game. They had years to plan this properly. Even a f**king competitive GAA match would have been a better opener than this sh*te!

All of the above Gouldy..
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:03pm
I just stated a fact Z What's the prob with that?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:18pm

Im not sure what relevance the stadium being full of red is.It was always going to be.More people follow United in Ireland than follow the LOI combined.Its estimated that one third of United season ticket holders are Irish.Thats over 15,000.

On the match,the only reason for the match to be played was money for the FAI.It wasnt about the LOI.It was about money.

And having played against most of the team that played last night and seen them all playing many times they should be ashamed of their performance and Damien Richardson did a terrible job as manager cos he sent them out like lambs to the slaughter.The players and management let the LOI down last night,not Manchester United or the FAI.
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:25pm
Good man Z Didnt realise it was that much

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

Good man Z Didnt realise it was that much

If you read the thread maybe you would Confused
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:31pm

Is having 15000 Irish season ticket holders meant to be a good thing?

The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

its highlighting the popularity of the club in Ireland son Big%20smile
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 9:05pm

How dare you.

15000 is a crazy amount. Is that official?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 1:46am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

gary rogers is good on his day but i found when he played with us he is prone to alot of errors

Hey we never called him Dogers for nothing in Terryland LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 4:43am

How dare you.

15000 is a crazy amount. Is that official?

Not a chance there is 15k ST'S
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
  Share Topic