Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moyes to be sacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 71>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Vaux Vaux wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Moyes was a gamble whether people like to hear that or not. No way can he live up to Fegie's standards and continued success and Fergie's presence at the club was huge. Moyes hasn't built up a reputation as a winner yet and until he does there will be doubts about his ability at this level.  Its a brave move by Utd to try to build another long term manager with good foundations but Fergie was a once in a generation manager and I just think Moyes hasn't the aura to gain ultimate respect from the players.  If he wins a couple of league championships then it will be built up slowly but only with success and it will take a long time.

The easier route was obviously to go for Mourinho who would guarantee you at least a league title every 2-3 years at worst, but at least the momentum of the last 20 yrs would be kept going.  If they lose that momentum it will be hard to get back.

Moyes has  never managed a team at the ground of one of the top four PL clubs. Embarrassed
Shocked 

Panic Stations already is ridiculous. However I would be more concerned about the style and pace united played at yesterday. 

Did anyone see city v hull?! City were worse against hull than united were against liverpool. Hull should have beaten them. 

yeah i said that myself on another thread, had City been playing a better team than Hull at the weekend they would have dropped points
Half the problem IMO is getting players up for a match at home to Hull though. 

Liverpool seemed to want it more yesterday and looked the hungrier side 
Sponsored Links

Vaux View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:24am

Trust me he has. On the other hand he has never managed a victory. Wink
[/QUOTE]

Still think Moyes will be a good appointment long term.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Moyes was a gamble whether people like to hear that or not. No way can he live up to Fegie's standards and continued success and Fergie's presence at the club was huge. Moyes hasn't built up a reputation as a winner yet and until he does there will be doubts about his ability at this level.  Its a brave move by Utd to try to build another long term manager with good foundations but Fergie was a once in a generation manager and I just think Moyes hasn't the aura to gain ultimate respect from the players.  If he wins a couple of league championships then it will be built up slowly but only with success and it will take a long time.

The easier route was obviously to go for Mourinho who would guarantee you at least a league title every 2-3 years at worst, but at least the momentum of the last 20 yrs would be kept going.  If they lose that momentum it will be hard to get back.

Moyes has  never managed a team at the ground of one of the top four PL clubs. Embarrassed
Shocked 

Panic Stations already is ridiculous. However I would be more concerned about the style and pace united played at yesterday. 

Did anyone see city v hull?! City were worse against hull than united were against liverpool. Hull should have beaten them. 

yeah i said that myself on another thread, had City been playing a better team than Hull at the weekend they would have dropped points
Half the problem IMO is getting players up for a match at home to Hull though. 

Liverpool seemed to want it more yesterday and looked the hungrier side 

Id agree with you based on the first 30 minutes

After that united dominated

Liverpool sat in their own half for basically the last hour the possesion stats back that up

The early goal suited them they didnt have to force the issue

United didnt do a whole lot wrong in fairness they have played 2 teams in a week who set up with 10 men behind the ball

There is 105 points left to play for lads 
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:31am
Yeah i thought Liverpool were pretty sh*te in that 2nd half, couldn't get out of their half, and when they did they couldnt keep the ball for more than 2 passes. Thats why i was surprised United didn't get something from the game, thought Liverpool were there for the taking

How many fouls did Lucas commit by the way?
That was as bad as i've seen Carrick play in a few years. Welbeck and Giggs also offered nothing 

Vaux View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:33am

Yeah i thought Liverpool were pretty sh*te in that 2nd half, couldn't get out of their half, and when they did they couldnt keep the ball for more than 2 passes. Thats why i was surprised United didn't get something from the game, thought Liverpool were there for the taking

That was as bad as i've seen Carrick play in a few years. Welbeck and Giggs also offered nothing 

Giggs can't go on forever.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:35am

Giggs can't go on forever.

Why's he starting ahead of the likes of Kagawa then
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:46am
Giggs won't start many games this season

Similar to last season

Carrick is notoriously slow to get going

It's only a matter of Tim before kagawa gets in the team
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Giggs won't start many games this season

Similar to last season

Carrick is notoriously slow to get going

It's only a matter of Tim before kagawa gets in the team

i can't believe kagawa did'nt get a look in yesterday. United far too cumbersome in the final third, and it's hard to see fellaini adding to that, he suits a more direct game. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:54am
Some mortifying reading in this thread.

I am absolutely certain David Moyes will be a long-term success for United.

Three games in and people making up threads like this? Surely that's to be laughed at!

As it happens, Man United have the same number of points from the same fixtures last season...y'know the season they romped to the title with ease!

United have ben the better team in all three of the fixtures so far, dominating possession, taking control of the tempo of the game. They also look almost impossible to get in behind. They are a very well set up side under Moyes. 

I think it's very obvious to anyone that watches football why United haven't scored as many goals as they should have whilst controlling games. They are lacking a bit of a spark in creativity in the final third. Now some would put this down to the wingers not providing enough crosses (Nani, Valencia, Young have all been a bit disappointing). But moreso, Moyes likes to ensure his full-backs overlap and it is their responsibility to deliver crosses (we seen this with Everton). But because Rafael is injured and Evra, in my opinion isn't good enough at it, United just haven't produced quality in the final third. 

I'm pretty sure if we sign leighton Baines today, then he will be a massive attacking signing for Moyes' approach.

Either way, it's a simple fix and a fix that will undoubtedly happen. Do people think United will continue to defend brillliantly but not score goals for the rest of the season? Scoring goals will come easily with tiny fixes. The likes of Kagawa and Zaha as well as a fit again Nani plus whoever we buy today and a fit again Rooney etc etc means United have loads of creative personnell to try out in this campaign...Goals will come, that's inevitable.

After the Man City game, United have a run of 14-games that I am certain they will win 10/11 of. In that sense, United will have their 45-odd points by New Years Day and will be in title contention.

Anyone getting excited by United only getting four points from three games at the start of the season or any United fan disappointed by that need their f**king heads examined. I said 8 points from our first five games would set us up nicely to go on that run from Sept-Dec...I still think 8 points is what we will have.

United aren't looking 100 per cent, but they never do until October. I like what Moyes is doing, United look more solid. But we need to experiment more in the creative end of the pitch, that will undoubtedly come. Anyone thinking it won't is only talking in hope. And talking in 'hope' when it comes to fotball is a little tedious and embarrassing.

Edited by Siralex - 02 Sep 2013 at 10:56am
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:55am
The Kagawa situation is a strange one. Potential world class player on the bench yet he can't get a sniff.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:57am
sack him to fcuk sure why not
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:02am
They'd be mad to keep him
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Three games in and people making up threads like this? Surely that's to be laughed at!

Its a bit of a piss-take this thread is it not. 
No-one actually thinks Moyes should be sacked?
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:09am

I guess you wouldn't know around here...

But in truth, I did a Barlow, I didn't really read the thread, just had my tuppence worth!

People shouldn't be disillussioned, United look solid already under Moyes. The problem (ie scoring) is an easy fix.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:12am
Scoring goals is the hardest part of the game SA.

Which is why players like Ronaldo and Bale command fee's excess of 80m.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:23am

Some mortifying reading in this thread...

I guess you wouldn't know around here...

But in truth, I did a Barlow, I didn't really read the thread, just had my tuppence worth!

Ok so are the comments mortifying or did you not read the thread???? I'm really confused now.

Edited by eire77 - 02 Sep 2013 at 11:28am
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Scoring goals is the hardest part of the game SA.

Which is why players like Ronaldo and Bale command fee's excess of 80m.

We have a player in our squad that scored more than bale last season and the season before
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 12:03pm
The thing that has annoyed me most about Moyes so far has been his choosing of Giggs over the likes of Kagawa and Zaha, plus there has been a serious lack of support for RVP int the last couple of games, United are screaming out for a bit of creativity in the middle yet he won't start Kagawa!

But it will take time for Moyes to settle into the job, 4 points from the opening 3 games is far from a disaster, United will be right up there come next May challenging for the title, I have absolutely no doubts about it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 71>
  Share Topic