You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving to Dublin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 4:35pm
Moving back to Dublin in August...Dreading the house hunting
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 4:44pm
I don't know how people pay those rents/mortgages.
Big debate on newstalk yesterday about 100k income family are struggling to pay the bills
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Big debate on newstalk yesterday about 100k income family are struggling to pay the bills

The only answer for that is people living beyond their means
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Baldoyle CoolClap
Had a great session there on the cheap Guinness  on a Monday afternoon  after visiting Phil Lynotts grave.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
FatFreddyMax View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatFreddyMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Have you completely ruled out suicide?

Madonna here is from Cork, and the chip is big even by Cork standards 

It will be North Dublin, I do a lot of commuting around Europe so ideally close to the airport. Hence North of the City would be ideal, I'd like to be 20-25 mins away. I don't know Dublin very well at all bar the main tourist known areas. My girlfriend works in healthcare and hasn't secured a job but I suspect it will again be in around the city area.

I know the reputation of some areas of Dublin, hence why I asked. How much should I expect to pay on bills for a 2 bedroom apartment? I've quite literary 0 idea of the true living costs in Dublin I have been googling and asking from friends but it would be interesting to see other opinions. Also are the figures I mentioned realistic for a 'nice' pad in and around the costal areas of Dublin realistic? I think South Dublin is totally out of my budget, maybe Bray but again its pushing the amount of time I want to spend on the motorway daily.

Thanks,

FatFreddyMax.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Baldoyle CoolClap

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:52am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Moving back to Dublin in August...Dreading the house hunting

+1 Dead
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:11am
Bray to the airport would be a nightmare at peak times. 
Try Firhouse and Ballycullen areas. Right on the m50
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:40am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Ah here, unless we are talking about the waltons that’s crazy.

They are probably complaining they can’t afford a 5 bedroom house in D4!

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:44am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Bray to the airport would be a nightmare at peak times. 
Try Firhouse and Ballycullen areas. Right on the m50

Easy to get to the Airport from Dundalk!

Do you really need to be in the center of Dublin Freddy? 
Have you considered area’s outside of Dublin close to the airport.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:22am
How do the students and civil servants work up there on near minimum wage? Rent is mad.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:27am
Ashbourne, 15 mins from airport, 7 mins from m50, 15 minutes to Blanchardardstown, 30 min from city centre. f**k Dublin, Clean air country living is what you want. Top top spot. Rent for 2 bed between 1k to 1.5 k. 
FatFreddyMax View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatFreddyMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 10:38am
Cheers for the advice men, haven't heard of half of these spots I'll have a look!

Ideally Dublin was the idea, or at least very close or a dart station near by to get into the city. Malahide has stood out for a while, i'd be familiar with it although there doesn't appear to be a huge amount up for rent in it currently.

I've looked outside of Dublin, yeah. Rush is as North as I've looked so far, and i haven't really looked South as I think it's out of my budget I've seen places for 4/5k per month

I also wondered how people on low incomes, survive in the city and secondly how do first time buyers get on the property market. It seems challenging when apartments are in and around 300k from what I've seen.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

100k income probably means 2 working incomes. Gives you about 50k after tax/pension, so 4k/month. 

A not too extravagant house in Dublin will set you back bout 400k in a lot of areas, so if you've 1600/1700 on mortgage and same again for 2 kids in a creche, you're living off a grand a month for bills/shopping etc. 

It sounds ludicrous but you could see how it would happen. 
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

100k income probably means 2 working incomes. Gives you about 50k after tax/pension, so 4k/month. 

A not too extravagant house in Dublin will set you back bout 400k in a lot of areas, so if you've 1600/1700 on mortgage and same again for 2 kids in a creche, you're living off a grand a month for bills/shopping etc. 

Yes, and that's assuming they actually have a mortgage. Could easily be paying 2k per month in rent whilst trying to save for a deposit.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yes, and that's assuming they actually have a mortgage. Could easily be paying 2k per month in rent whilst trying to save for a deposit.

€100k will give you about €60k after tax. That’s €5K a month. 

I can see why every generation thinks the next generation are entitled.

kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 11:55am
If all you need is to be near enough to an airport then Dublin would be the last place in Ireland I'd chose.Why not Galway or Westport and pay half the rent to live in a nice place.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by FatFreddyMax FatFreddyMax wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Have you completely ruled out suicide?

Madonna here is from Cork, and the chip is big even by Cork standards 

It will be North Dublin, I do a lot of commuting around Europe so ideally close to the airport. Hence North of the City would be ideal, I'd like to be 20-25 mins away. I don't know Dublin very well at all bar the main tourist known areas. My girlfriend works in healthcare and hasn't secured a job but I suspect it will again be in around the city area.

I know the reputation of some areas of Dublin, hence why I asked. How much should I expect to pay on bills for a 2 bedroom apartment? I've quite literary 0 idea of the true living costs in Dublin I have been googling and asking from friends but it would be interesting to see other opinions. Also are the figures I mentioned realistic for a 'nice' pad in and around the costal areas of Dublin realistic? I think South Dublin is totally out of my budget, maybe Bray but again its pushing the amount of time I want to spend on the motorway daily.

Thanks,

FatFreddyMax.

Used to work in the airport, most people lived in Drumcondra, Portmarnock, Malahide and Swords, not sure on rent there now tbh 

Edited by nvidic - 10 Jun 2018 at 12:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic