You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

It seems that they want me out by the end of the year. I won't be able to buy somewhere before then so it looks like I'm going to be renting somewhere else.

Great. Absolutely great. I'm going to have to move twice. If this was a normal tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days notice, or about six and a half months.

Yes but it would have cost you a lot more over that time also.  

Also remember your mate has been paying a mortgage and he provided you a place to stay and your provided him cash.  A good set up for both of you that suited you both I wouldn't be trying to make a compliment out of paying your rent.  that is just standard behaviour.  

I reckon his gf has been saying to him for ages to ask you to move out and he has put it off out of loyalty to you and she has blown her gasket over it.   .
A bit further back Baldie SD said that the house was given as a  freebie to yer man still cheap rent for so long must have been a major plus . Hey I would be upset knowing it was all coming to an end if I was in his spot .
 I still think it's the kick up the ass SD needs to get out of there . I think sharing is the way to go until he buys his own place .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:19pm
Moral of this story, living with other people sucks!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

I don't even like living with myself!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:45pm

And back to the original point, does anyone have a room to rent in Dublin?

Plus points: I'm creditworthy, and I won't score your missus.

Minus points: The reason I won't score your missus is cos she'll hate my f**king guts and make both our lives hell.
RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 4:46pm
I would be hitting the ejector seat on that. if you move out now, at least you will have the moral high ground and in later years you can shove the whole situation in her face.

" remember that time you made me homeless!"....

She will be forever in your back pocket!

Just cut your losses and move on. Your savings may be affected, but there is no joy in staying in a place you are a no longer wanted.

Best looking for mate who will rent with you or look for a room to spare.Or cuddle up with some aul one looking for a toyboy
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:05pm
I'm a balding, angry 34 year old nordy, which isn't many women's idea of a toy boy!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:27pm

I'm a balding, angry 34 year old nordy, which isn't many women's idea of a toy boy!
You would be surprised SD
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm

And back to the original point, does anyone have a room to rent in Dublin?

Plus points: I'm creditworthy, and I won't score your missus.

Minus points: The reason I won't score your missus is cos she'll hate my f**king guts and make both our lives hell.

Yeah but if you move in here....will you ever move out?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:50pm

I’m a raging 28 year old sexpest and I seem to be doing alright for myself! 

Theres someone out there for everyone!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 1:25pm
Care to elaborate on that Coyne, with a few stories Big smile
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:42pm
Any update on your situation SD?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:28pm
Aye, things are basically alright. I've an appointment with the bank next week to see what I can borrow and we'll take it from there. I can stay until at least the end of the year here, possibly longer if it looks like I'm close to buying.

Things should be grand and hopefully I won't need to move twice. In hindsight, it might have been the kick up the hole I needed.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:43pm
So without reading back, was it a case that they had discussed you making tracks out of there but he then just didnt say anything to you leading to her eventually blowing a gasket? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:45pm
Seems to be the gist of it, yeah. I think he thought I would be making more visible efforts to get out of here.

I also need to be a better housemate - you know, not staying up til 4am on a school night, not wan*king in the living room on a weekday afternoon (and twice on Tuesdays), occasionally putting my dirty plates in the dishwasher, changing my jocks at least once a week, that sort of thing.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:48pm

Seems to be the gist of it, yeah. I think he thought I would be making more visible efforts to get out of here.

I also need to be a better housemate - you know, not staying up til 4am on a school night, not wan*king in the living room on a weekday afternoon (and twice on Tuesdays), occasionally putting my dirty plates in the dishwasher, changing my jocks at least once a week, that sort of thing.
The windy [insert derogatory 4 letter word for a womans baby canal here] and now the place is a concentration camp ffs. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:51pm
Could be worse, I had a friend who rented with this guy before she woke up one night with him standing at the end of her bed, he put it down to sleep walking and apologised and left.

After that she quickly got a lock for the door and moved out soon after
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 4:09pm

Aye, things are basically alright. I've an appointment with the bank next week to see what I can borrow and we'll take it from there. I can stay until at least the end of the year here, possibly longer if it looks like I'm close to buying.

Things should be grand and hopefully I won't need to move twice. In hindsight, it might have been the kick up the hole I needed.

Looking forward to the house warming Beer
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Looking forward to the house warming Beer
im sure he’ll have a timetable of events available at leat 3 months in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic