You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:13pm
Yeah, I know I've had it good for a long time - just the ending was sharp and unexpected, when it seemed the deal was already clear.

I'll be gone by the end of the year.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:23pm
Room in an apartment or house short term is probably your best bet.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Moving to Dublin, anyone on here renting or know of anyone renting a room in Dublin that is close to the city center?

Looks like you'll have more competition.
The dark side.. And the light
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, I know I've had it good for a long time - just the ending was sharp and unexpected, when it seemed the deal was already clear.

The ending is hardly sharp, you have until the end of the year.100 odd days,They could have asked you to move a lot sooner. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

The ending is hardly sharp, you have until the end of the year.100 odd days,They could have asked you to move a lot sooner. 

Squeeze them for every day. Move out 31st December Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

That's what I'd do LOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:45pm

If it was a normal residential tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days. And by sharp, I mean the way everything has happened, nothing more than that.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Sep 2018 at 5:46pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:46pm
Use her toothbrush to clean out your rusty sheriffs badge
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:47pm

If it was a normal residential tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days.
But it wasn't and you were aware of that from day one I presume?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 5:51pm
Ah yeah, of course, absolutely. It was only for comparison.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Maybe you could stay short term in a disused train carriage Smile

Sorry SD  LOL LOL LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

So, just to be clear, the consensus is that I'm a third wheel, with no social awareness, who needs to move out now, and should have copped this months if not years ago, while my mate is yellow for not mentioning anything to me before now, despite her having mentioned this to him before, but his fiance is still completely overreacting and being totally inflexible, and I need to get out to avoid ruining both my friendship with my mate and their relationship with each other, but somehow do that without it being both me and my mate rewarding her selfish behaviour?

The thing that gets me most is that I've paid my mate tens of thousands in rent over the years and she hasn't so much as put a fiver towards the ESB.

wearing your work clothes having a wank on the couch to Judge Rinder on the telly while she is in the kitchen chopping veg isn't very social aware i must say

If the dog is allowed to sit on the sofa with a boner, why am I not?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:25pm
SD you should take stock of the extra savings you have during this very good arrangement which suited everyone for a long time, to get cheap rent there has to be a downside to it unfortunately. 

I still think you’ve got plenty of time to get yourself sorted and he has been very sound to you over the years.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

Maybe you could stay short term in a disused train carriage Smile

Sorry SD  LOL LOL LOL

I chuckled too, never worry.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Wait until the 31st December and say "Can't believe it's only 3 months left to the end of the financial year and our agreement."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 10:35pm
You could send them a solicitors letter
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:03am

It seems that they want me out by the end of the year. I won't be able to buy somewhere before then so it looks like I'm going to be renting somewhere else.

Great. Absolutely great. I'm going to have to move twice. If this was a normal tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days notice, or about six and a half months.

Yes but it would have cost you a lot more over that time also.  

Also remember your mate has been paying a mortgage and he provided you a place to stay and your provided him cash.  A good set up for both of you that suited you both I wouldn't be trying to make a compliment out of paying your rent.  that is just standard behaviour.  

I reckon his gf has been saying to him for ages to ask you to move out and he has put it off out of loyalty to you and she has blown her gasket over it.   .
AKA pedantic kunt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It seems that they want me out by the end of the year. I won't be able to buy somewhere before then so it looks like I'm going to be renting somewhere else.

Great. Absolutely great. I'm going to have to move twice. If this was a normal tenancy, I'd be entitled to 196 days notice, or about six and a half months.

Yes but it would have cost you a lot more over that time also.  

Also remember your mate has been paying a mortgage and he provided you a place to stay and your provided him cash.  A good set up for both of you that suited you both I wouldn't be trying to make a compliment out of paying your rent.  that is just standard behaviour.  

I reckon his gf has been saying to him for ages to ask you to move out and he has put it off out of loyalty to you and she has blown her gasket over it.   .
Definitely. If they have had a big argument and she gave an ultimatum this conversation has been going on for some while between them with Superdaves friend standing up for him. He sounds like a sound lad so the best thing to do is move on as quickly as possible , for the interest of all involved. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic