You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:29am
Time to move out SD you have been there long enough , she has weeding plans , babies , and goodness knows what else and for sure she wants you gone .

I feel for your mate in all this as that poor lad is in a real pickle no matter what happens .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If he had any balls he would dump her. She must really love him, sorry, the house, to issue an ultimatum like that.
Free gaff.
Wants the ring on the finger, half the house.
Bonnet de deuce.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:42am

It's a sh*t situation no doubt.

I think it's time for you to move you (you probably know this yourself)
However you can't do that in a couple of days in most towns never mind Dublin.She has to understand this or be made to understand it.

Also she has to understand that she can't make cause such upheaval in someone's life just because she has a bad case of the blobs.To bow down to that kind of selfish unreasonable behaviour would be a bad marker to set for your mate going forward.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:02pm
I know it's time to move out. It's just that because I want to buy somewhere, rather than rent, it is definitely going to take a bit of time. I don't want to rent again, spending extra cash, and having to move twice. If I have to, I will, but I certainly don't want to rent again. I've been waiting on stuff from my accountant for a few months before I can go looking for a mortgage (the joys of being self-employed) and I know it'll take at least four, if not six, months from then to find somewhere, although I've a fair idea how much they'll lend me. I just assumed I had until about April time one way or the other, and then this is sprung on me. It seems totally unreasonable to spring this now, without any warning, and blackmail my mate (and by extension me) by threatening to move out unless I do.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:15pm
Can you not sit down with them both and explain your situation to them and let them know that you're looking to buy a place but really need their help for the next few months, give them a time line and a date you're planning on moving out? If she's still a **** about then kick her in the gee and leave
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:24pm
That's my plan now, yeah.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:27pm
Might be no harm leaving out the kick though....just a thought
Some people just deserve a slap
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:39pm
Image result for punch her right in the babymaker
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:04pm
So, just to be clear, the consensus is that I'm a third wheel, with no social awareness, who needs to move out now, and should have copped this months if not years ago, while my mate is yellow for not mentioning anything to me before now, despite her having mentioned this to him before, but his fiance is still completely overreacting and being totally inflexible, and I need to get out to avoid ruining both my friendship with my mate and their relationship with each other, but somehow do that without it being both me and my mate rewarding her selfish behaviour?

The thing that gets me most is that I've paid my mate tens of thousands in rent over the years and she hasn't so much as put a fiver towards the ESB.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Sep 2018 at 1:05pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I don’t know if the row was over something else. I don’t really think it was but either way it’s been going on a while but it’s all news to me (I’ve basically not been here for the last two weeks). I’ve generally got on fine with her or so I thought but it seems she hasn’t thought the same - though that’s not been mentioned to me either. 

Frankly, I don’t want to move twice. I don’t want to put my mate in a terrible position either though. I think the best thing for them is for me to move out ASAP (undoubtedly, I suppose) but that is really backing down in an argument I have no part it. Ots definitely not best for me. It would absolutely gall me to move out by the end of the month just to placate toddler like behaviour, especially when it is something that will cost me money, and really isn’t in my interests, but I owe it to him more than I owe it to her. I can’t leave him having to make the decision - it’s not fair on him. It’s just a matter of seeing how long I can get and finding somewhere else. 

I sure as hell don’t want her saying she’s not moving back til I’m gone. I just hope it doesn’t come to that. 
You need to sit down with her (coont that she is) and explain exactly what your plans are again, surely a couple more months for you to get yer sh*t sorted should be no major problem for her unless she is conflicted and want to fck your brains out and is finding it harder and harder to contain herself LOL seriously if your mate gives into this sh*t now his life is basically f**ked from here on in and will be taking it up the Swiss off her for the rest of his natural if he does marry her
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm

So, just to be clear, the consensus is that I'm a third wheel, with no social awareness, who needs to move out now, and should have copped this months if not years ago, while my mate is yellow for not mentioning anything to me before now, despite her having mentioned this to him before, but his fiance is still completely overreacting and being totally inflexible, and I need to get out to avoid ruining both my friendship with my mate and their relationship with each other, but somehow do that without it being both me and my mate rewarding her selfish behaviour?

The thing that gets me most is that I've paid my mate tens of thousands in rent over the years and she hasn't so much as put a fiver towards the ESB.

Yeah but she has a fanny
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm

She's sounds horrible.
If this doesn't end well make sure you mention your last paragraph before leaving

Edited by kimbap - 20 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:13pm

No, but I'm assuming she sucks him off. You're better off continuing to pay the bills instead of coming to a similar arrangement.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:13pm
What's the going rate for a rattle in Dublin? She has been paying her way alright!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:25pm
Dave any chance you could move in with parents or family just to tide you over till you get sorted ( I know it’s not ideal) btw you are in no way to blame for any of this if you have made your plans know to the geebag, sounds like she is using the situation to test your mate and trying to put down a marker, if the lad takes your side and explains the bit more time you need she should recognize he is basically a good mate and a good guy and should be delighted to have him but if she is having none of it then I am sure to say she is just a selfish coont and only cares about herself, he might surprise you and tell her to get ta fck
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:31pm
You'd always planned on leaving anyway and he has surely told her about that, what got at her to go off on one now instead of discussing it with you first? Hopefully she'll calm down and get a bit more reasonable but you're going to have to have a chat with her alright as said above just to tell her your side and plans. Unless she's a right coont she'll be ok with it
Some people just deserve a slap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:32pm
Make for the hills for the weekend if you can. Then crunch talk Sunday eve.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:25pm
Most of us lads don't realise that arguments with girls are rarely about the subject at hand. But that's for your friend and her to resolve. 

Once you announce you have definite plans, will be moving out and just need some time, she will probably calm down. Sometimes things can build in a person's head and once they say it and get some clarity they then realise it isn't as important as they had convinced themselves it was.

I'm surprised they as a couple didn't politely ask you to move out before this. It surely would make sense to live on their own to make sure they are happy and comfortable with each other before even getting engaged, but that's for the past now.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic