You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving out/Spare Room to rent in Dublin?
    Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 2:24pm
Anyone renting out any rooms on here or know of anyone that is. Landlord is raising the rent in the summer I’m currently on the look out for a new gaff and want to have a place sorted before the Euros. I work on the southside but not too fussed where I live tbh. Thumbs Up

Edited by irishmufc - 31 Mar 2016 at 2:27pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 2:27pm
Pic or GTFO.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Pic or GTFO.

LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm
Moving to Dublin, anyone on here renting or know of anyone renting a room in Dublin that is close to the city center?
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Moving to Dublin, anyone on here renting or know of anyone renting a room in Dublin that is close to the city center?

I don't but out of curiosity how close is close?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:38pm

Renting the space under my stairs for 800 a month if you like. For use Sunday to Friday only. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:30pm
Hopefully be within a 20-30 minute drive from the city 
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:46pm
I had a room to let in my house 1 min from the Luas line in D18, had it on daft. Had 30 enquiries, offered viewings to 12, one showed up.

Was amazed, mustn't be as hard to get somewhere as it's made out.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:14am
So I’ve just been given a major f**king headache. I moved in where I am now in 2011. I was initially just living with a friend. It’s his house (it was his grandfathers and he got it for nothing). I’m paying cheap enough rent. I’ve always paid rent and I’ve always paid half of all the bills. 

He started going out with his now fiancé in about 2014. They got engaged early 2018. The wedding date is set for this time next year. She basically moved in more or less as soon as they started going out. I’ve been a third wheel for a while but it’s always seemed basically okay and neither of them seemed to have an issue, mostly because we’ve all always known it wasn’t permanent. 

I’ve always been clear that I’d be looking to buy a place of my own well before the wedding, and be gone at least three or four months beforehand, if not longer. I’ve never had any indication that any of that was a difficulty. I have the guts of a decent deposit now (almost 20% of what I’d be looking to buy, with a bit of help from the folks) but being (a) self employed and (b) single, it’s tough to persuade banks to lend me enough money to actually buy a place, and I haven’t really started looking yet. 

I was out at a quiz this evening. I came back at half ten and her car wasn’t outside. It turns out that they’ve had a massive row, she’s staying with a friend, after threatening to move out, and the gist of it is that she wants me gone, seemingly f**king yesterday. There was absolutely no warning this was coming, not to me, at least. 

Am I meant to move now, rent somewhere else, pay a heap extra in rent compared to what I’m currently paying, assuming i can find somewhere, delay my own ability to buy a place, and basically throw money down the drain, primarily to appease her? Am I meant to back down as part of an argument I wasn’t even part of because she won’t talk to me about it? It seems to me that if I moved out ASAP, frankly I’d be rewarding her for the adult equivalent of throwing her toys out of the pram. I don’t want to cause any friction in their relationship, but what the f**k am I meant to do? It’s already happened and it’s already a far bigger issue than I had any idea. 

My mate is understandably stuck in the middle but I don’t really know what he wants - like he says, I shouldn’t be made to feel like sh*t, and basically unwelcome, in what has been my home for over seven years, but that’s exactly what it feels like. I’m stressed as f**k right now. It’s not his fault at all and I know I should be taking more steps to get my own place, but what the f**k am I supposed to do? If I move out now and rent somewhere else, I’m basically costing myself loads of money, all to protect their relationship, because she can’t wait a few more months, and I get this sprung on me with no warning whatsoever. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah. The longer I stay, the more it seems I might jeopardise their relationship, and I definitely don’t want to be responsible for that. But if I move out, I’m giving in to her blackmail, and for what? My mate isn’t going to ask me to move out now but it seems he might be under pressure to ask me to move. There’s no doubt he’s in a tough position and if I move out, it would be to help him, rather than her. 

I almost want to pack my stuff and go now, but make sure she knows I think she’s a thundering bitch. I can’t even sleep I’m so f**king stressed. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:24am
Ride her, it can't make things worse and it releases stress. Alternatively, ride him, for the same reasons but he might ask you to move in long-term. The latter depends on where you are at on the homosexuality spectrum.
Failing that, there's always the basil butter peas. A lot can be said for giving peas another chance.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:28am
my options basically are:

A) move out and cost myself a fortune in extra rent, delaying my own ability to buy a house 

Or 

B) potentially f**k up a relationship between my mate and his fiancé, but only because she has thrown the toys out of the pram, without any warning
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:29am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ride her, it can't make things worse and it releases stress. Alternatively, ride him, for the same reasons but he might ask you to move in long-term. The latter depends on where you are at on the homosexuality spectrum.
Failing that, there's always the basil butter peas. A lot can be said for giving peas another chance.

LOLLOL

I’m grand for riding either of them. I might move out, but steal the dogs when I do. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:36am
I assume she is Irish? Living with your own Irish woman is crazy enough, living with someone else's, even if he is there, should be enough to get you sectioned.
She wants the wedding of her dreams, or at least more plush than anyone she knows, the house and the baby and she wants it now. She would give birth dangerously early for the sake of better Instagram photographs at Christmas. Get out while you still have your balls and before the dogs are being added to a pot of stew.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 1:59am
The decision is not really yours.   The decision is his.   He owns the house.  He can give you notice of he wants or he can ignore his fiance if he wants.   

Really it's up to him.  . 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 2:00am

Hopefully be within a 20-30 minute drive from the city 

At 8an or 11pm.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:46am
Move in with NVidic !

When push comes to shove, if he's serious about his relationship with his missus then he's going to end up siding with her in the end whether he wants to or not. If you want to keep the friendship then it's probably going to mean that you have to move out to do it. So I'd probably offer to move out but obviously let him know that you will need some time to sort yourself a new place due to the scarcity of affordable rooms etc (gives you the excuse to drag your feet a bit on it !) and then let him try and square that off with his missus. If she has a problem still then that's with her as you can do no more.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:32am
If shes thrown the rattle out over this, their relationship is f**ked anyway. Stay where you are and have the bag of cans ready for him when he finds out shes riding her boss.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 6:39am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic