You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving in with the missus.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Seriously from living with the miss's a number of years now and watched some of my mates take that step too all I can advise is to be a man and act like a man. Law down the law and the rules early doors otherwise your just going to turn into a bitch.

Simple things like Friday night is the lads night out - get her to do the washing and ironing and you'll look after XYZ things like that.

Just make sure she looks after SE and X if you are looking after XYZ.

By the way you are all living in sin and will burn in hell for all eternity
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:04pm
How did she take the news that we are all crashing in your new Landan pad for the match in May?

Hope it all goes well for you with the move. Sounds like a no-brainer decision so really do hope all goes well for you.
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:20pm
London is such a great city -

I have worked there since I was 16 - so much to see and do - expensive however. No mon no fun in the vibrant    English capital. If your a music lover your sorted too.
Its the only way you will know if its going anywhere.

Living together is no big deal -
A nice honeymoon period, sex gets better if you are going to live in sin, you might as well make the most of it.

One important thing, make a life for yourself outside of her - don't do everything together - have your friends and have your separate time. Its good advice for both parties. Sometimes in big cities its easier to do things together and you will drive each other mad.

When I moved in with my husband I had a bottle of vodka - a bottle of white wine and a jar of Mayo in my fridge - I was slim as a pancake - I never cooked. My husband is a great cook and fed me, he tells me I look better now, but its not true - every women I have ever known gains weight when they move in with their other, half, men too - so stay active.

good luck.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:34pm
For every time I have to watch some rubbish reality program I'll invite another person over to stay with us  in May.

@Andkend- I get what you mean, it's probably to easy to just sit on the couch and eat pizza.
All good advice. Thanks.
The dark side.. And the light
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:40pm
[QUOTE=darmack] For every time I have to watch some rubbish reality program I'll invite another person over to stay with us  in May.

The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:41pm
Laying down some simple house rules is very important. Who does what in the house needs to be sorted as soon as possible. Very true what Andkend said too about gaining weight, so keep her walking and tag along yourself now and againWink
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:43pm
Heading over on Monday. Thought we might as well spend New Years over there.
The dark side.. And the light
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:50pm
Fireworks in London for NYE are supposed to be excellent. Great timing for a new start. All the best with it.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:50pm
All the best over there DarrenThumbs Up
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:52pm
Don't make the same mistakes I did! It defo has its advantages but if u give too much she will look for more. So be careful how much you offer to do around the house. Make sure you get sky +
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Laying down some simple house rules is very important. Who does what in the house needs to be sorted as soon as possible. Very true what Andkend said too about gaining weight, so keep her walking and tag along yourself now and againWink

its a vicious circle with us ladies, we eat, we gain weight, sometimes the guy does'nt even notice but we do and it takes a while to work out that drinking beer and eating pizza at the same rate as your fella won't work for you.

Then the confidence is hit, then your not as up for sex because you don't feel you look as good- jealousy sets in because you notice your fella eyeing up the hotest girl in the room and not paying you as much attention.

A few sulky evenings-

Then you get it together hit the gym get back the confidence and it all goes to a new level -

All part of the proccess of relationships and getting to know each other really.
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:07pm
My missus is hinting at us moving in together too. Dont think I'd fancy it as I like my own space too much and we fight enough as it is. Reckon I will be given an ultimatum soon

Best of luck with it Darren looking forward to the house warming   
GWAN YBIG
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Heading over on Monday. Thought we might as well spend New Years over there.

Good luck!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:35pm
I wouldn't advise it unless its really required. Like for example you have a kid or you both living away from home. If u are still at home in your parents and no other responsibilities then stay there, save the money u would be will long to spend on rent in a savings account.

I only realised how handy it was living at home and the disposable income I took for granted after I had moved out.
Living like a monk because there is simply not enough money coming in to cover all costs.

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 Dec 2012 at 10:35pm
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Seriously from living with the miss's a number of years now and watched some of my mates take that step too all I can advise is to be a man and act like a man. Law down the law and the rules early doors otherwise your just going to turn into a bitch.

Simple things like Friday night is the lads night out - get her to do the washing and ironing and you'll look after XYZ things like that.

LOLLOL

Jaysus, reading that I couldnt help but think of that 'man up' campaign that was on recently. 

Edited by Ireland4ever - 29 Dec 2012 at 10:38pm
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:45pm
Make sure that when she wakes up on morning 1 that she finds you on the sofa in your boxers drinking the cheapest cans of booze you can find. Its what they call in the Lion way of life as marking your territory.

Also watch lots of Lion documentarys

Edited by Landon Donovan - 29 Dec 2012 at 10:46pm
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:51pm
dont do it we are bitches 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 10:53pm
Pee on the couch and on the tv. This is natures way of marking your territory as Landon says but in a different way.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic