You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movies you have never seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:31pm
Schindlers List is the big one for me. Just can't get passed the first 10 minutes 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I've never been on Netflix.Cool

You need a Revolut card to pay for itn
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:56am
Home alone - none of them
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:09am
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'd recommend Blade Runner Ersatz all the same. A piece of art. The new one too when you've watched it 

Thanks Bob, Blade Runner is one I have actually seen although not for a few years. Perhaps I shall have to give it another watch. You are right that it's a very beautiful film without doubt.

The new one however, I have not seen. I'll take your advice and put it "on the list". Wink

Somehow I've just been unable to "get" the appeal with science-fiction (film and literature), the ironic thing is my best pals are all bloody massive Star Trek fans LOL

Are you a keen sci-fi man yersel Bob ?

Nope. I have seen the famous films at most, my biggest sci fi series watching was the original Star Trek 're runs in the 80s and 90s and that was only cause there was nothing else on, when I came in from school 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 3:37pm

Thanks very much for that TonyNotJack that is much appreciated and it's nice to know there's another fan of silent cinema on here Thumbs Up

I had read the plot outlines of both films previously but never seen them, yesterday I watched the Phantom Carriage and it's a wonderful creepy film. Clap

Much obliged. Wink

Glad you liked it.Of the films you haven't seen that you listed the one I'd make sure to watch is Alien.Great atmosphere and direction from Ridley Scott.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 12 Apr 2019 at 3:44pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Schindlers List is the big one for me. Just can't get passed the first 10 minutes 

Heading to Krakow in a couple of weeks so watching this again tonight, haven't seen it in over 10 years I'd say so I can't wait.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:58pm

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

A lot of Disney films. ie. Lion King

Same here. I've never seen Fantasia, Snow White, Aladdin, Lion King etc

Love the beautiful classic horror films such as The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, Nosferatu, Chaney's Phantom of the Opera, Lugosi's Dracula, Karloff's Frankenstein but have not the slightest interest in watching any modern horror at all.

Although I liked Star Wars, I've never been truly bitten by the science fiction bug. I've never seen Alien, Solaris, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind etc

I really want to see those. Maybe I'll make an effort this weekend. The Phantom of the Opera theatre was refurbished and reused in Hitchcock's Torn Curtain.

I've seen all of the great Universal horrors - Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman etc, and all of the Val Lewton classics.

I can proudly state I have never seen The Sound of Music all the way through, however. Anyone else?

Edited by NewtNewbie - 12 Apr 2019 at 8:13pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 7:39pm
For anyone who hasn't seen it the masterpiece that is Tango & Cash is on tv tonight.  This is a gripping thriller and well worth a watch.  Steven Spielberg is said to have been quotes ''It's the one film I wish I had made''.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:05pm

For anyone who hasn't seen it the masterpiece that is Tango & Cash is on tv tonight.  This is a gripping thriller and well worth a watch.  Steven Spielberg is said to have been quotes ''It's the one film I wish I had made''.
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:31pm
Would be a great title for JD’s biography Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:18pm
Same discussion came up a few weeks back on a night out, turned out one of the lads hadn't seen Goodfellas. We told him to go away & watch it, & not come back out with us until he did. There's simply no excuse for that. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 1:47pm

Only good thing in it is Teri Hatcher
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic