You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movies you have never seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Movies you have never seen
    Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:02pm
Taking about movies at work and the Movie Rocky came up and I said I haven't seen any of the 4 of them which was kind of a jaw dropping moment for one lad .
Now I would add all horror movies to this list for myself .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:16pm
Die Hard - seen bits of it but never the whole thing ( Seen most of Die Hard 2 )
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:23pm
IMDB have a checklist of the top 250 films.

The main ones that I haven't seen are the Matrix, 
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (This confused the f.airy out of me when I watched the 3rd film of the trilogy)
Gone with the wind
The dark side.. And the light
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:41pm
Star Wars (any of them)

Lord of the Rings (any of them)

Harry Potter (any of them bar the first)
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:45pm
James Bond - Any of them
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:46pm
Never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies and I have no intention of seeing them.

I’ve never seen Scarface.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:51pm
The Godfather.  Was on tv one night but got bored after a few mins and decided to post about MON instead.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:08pm
There are loads, largely because I know I won’t like them. I watched a bit of a Bond film once, they wouldn’t be for me. I was seeing someone once who made me go to a Harry Potter, same thing. I watched the first ‘Die Hard’ and while I can see why it is well regarded, it just wouldn’t be for me.
Pretty much anything that is completely unrealistic is out. Most American comedies, science fiction, action films, superhero films. There was a period too where you could nearly rule out anything that got an Oscar. They still make me dubious of the quality!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The Godfather.  Was on tv one night but got bored after a few mins and decided to post about MON instead.

LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:11pm
A lot of Disney films. ie. Lion King
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:13pm
Think growing up I went to the cinema when there was nothing better to do and just saw whatever the best available movie was, rather than going out of my way to go see anything, hence I haven't seen a lot of the classics.

Even today, if there's a night i have the TV to myself, much more likely to watch any sporting event that a movie
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They are all the same, aren’t they? Just with different animals.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:15pm

Wait till you get kids then you will get to see them all twenty times each
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:22pm
Harry Potter - none
Lord of The Rings - none
Bond - none since Brosnan's first
No action film for years - at some point you just feel like you've watched enough of them for a lifetime.
No Tom Cruise film since Rain man - after which he became creepy as fook.
I could only watch the first 30 minutes of The Revenant after which I felt it was more gruelling for me than Leonardo Dicaprio.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I hated them as a kid, hopefully it is genetic. I don’t think I would allow the little f**kers to watch them anyway. There is something really sinister about them that can’t be good for kids.
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 3:43pm

Same here. I've never seen Fantasia, Snow White, Aladdin, Lion King etc

Love the beautiful classic horror films such as The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, Nosferatu, Chaney's Phantom of the Opera, Lugosi's Dracula, Karloff's Frankenstein but have not the slightest interest in watching any modern horror at all.

Although I liked Star Wars, I've never been truly bitten by the science fiction bug. I've never seen Alien, Solaris, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind etc

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 08 Apr 2019 at 3:55pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 4:02pm
Star Wars
Star Trek
Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings
All James Bond movies bar Spectre

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

I hated them as a kid, hopefully it is genetic. I don’t think I would allow the little f**kers to watch them anyway. There is something really sinister about them that can’t be good for kids.

You will when you want them to shut up and leave you alone for an hour. New ones ain't bad to be fair, they are now made to keep the adults entertained.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic