You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Movie Plot Holes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie Plot Holes

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Message
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
MAYO FOR SAM

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: The local
Status: Offline
Points: 5742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 9:29am
The choice of a Delorean was strange too. While it looked the part, it was pricey, very underpowered and unreliable. He would of been better off getting something better value, saving his money to buy the plutonium on the black market rather than ripping off the Libyans and getting himself shot. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Back to Top
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 541
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:19pm
deleted- misunderstood original post I was replying to


Edited by Tony Cousins - 18 Nov 2020 at 12:20pm
Back to Top
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Location: Christmas Island
Status: Offline
Points: 23367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The one that the Doc got sent in from the second film and then the one that Marty goes back in. Am i wrong? Surely they could have used fuel from that one to get the second one up to to 88mph? 


Injuns shot the fuel tank when Marty went back

Yeah but that's what caused the initial headscratcher on how they could fuel it but there was another delorean there already. The one the doc went back to 1855 in after it was struck by lightning in the second film. you'd think there was fuel in that one that they could use in the one with the damaged fuel tank. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Back to Top
Tony Cousins View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 541
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Cousins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:45pm
Yeah, I realise now what you meant
Back to Top
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I wear a neck mask

Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Location: Milan, Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 33860
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The one that the Doc got sent in from the second film and then the one that Marty goes back in. Am i wrong? Surely they could have used fuel from that one to get the second one up to to 88mph? 


Injuns shot the fuel tank when Marty went back

Yeah but that's what caused the initial headscratcher on how they could fuel it but there was another delorean there already. The one the doc went back to 1855 in after it was struck by lightning in the second film. you'd think there was fuel in that one that they could use in the one with the damaged fuel tank. 


I dont get how it needed uranium was it in the first wan to fuel it?
In the 2nd wan I remember him putting in bananaskins and eggs to fuel it fromt he rubbish bin.
Could they not have used rubbish int he 3rd wan?
Now willing to engage with idiots for a short period of time.
Back to Top
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
MAYO FOR SAM

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: The local
Status: Offline
Points: 5742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The one that the Doc got sent in from the second film and then the one that Marty goes back in. Am i wrong? Surely they could have used fuel from that one to get the second one up to to 88mph? 


Injuns shot the fuel tank when Marty went back

Yeah but that's what caused the initial headscratcher on how they could fuel it but there was another delorean there already. The one the doc went back to 1855 in after it was struck by lightning in the second film. you'd think there was fuel in that one that they could use in the one with the damaged fuel tank. 


I dont get how it needed uranium was it in the first wan to fuel it?
In the 2nd wan I remember him putting in bananaskins and eggs to fuel it fromt he rubbish bin.
Could they not have used rubbish int he 3rd wan?
 
Doc upgraded the plutonium reactor to a Mr Fusion in while in 2015.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Back to Top
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
MAYO FOR SAM

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Location: The local
Status: Offline
Points: 5742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 1:50pm
also the reactor/mr fusion only powered the flux capacitor, the car still relied on it's own power to get to 88mph.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Back to Top
Terzino View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 351
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 3:44pm
Was the Delorean not powered by cocaine?

In anyway, Austin Powers.

When the fembots are after him, he thinks of "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" to resist their charms. 

How does someone frozen in time from the 60s to the 90s know who Thatcher is? 

I hope someone got fired for that one!
Back to Top
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Location: Christmas Island
Status: Offline
Points: 23367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Cousins Tony Cousins wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The one that the Doc got sent in from the second film and then the one that Marty goes back in. Am i wrong? Surely they could have used fuel from that one to get the second one up to to 88mph? 


Injuns shot the fuel tank when Marty went back

Yeah but that's what caused the initial headscratcher on how they could fuel it but there was another delorean there already. The one the doc went back to 1855 in after it was struck by lightning in the second film. you'd think there was fuel in that one that they could use in the one with the damaged fuel tank. 


I dont get how it needed uranium was it in the first wan to fuel it?
In the 2nd wan I remember him putting in bananaskins and eggs to fuel it fromt he rubbish bin.
Could they not have used rubbish int he 3rd wan?

This was needed to power the flux capacitor and had nothing to do with making the car move. 

And as Sausy said for the second bit. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Back to Top
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Location: Clairefontaine
Status: Offline
Points: 14199
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Was the Delorean not powered by cocaine?

In anyway, Austin Powers.

When the fembots are after him, he thinks of "Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day" to resist their charms. 

How does someone frozen in time from the 60s to the 90s know who Thatcher is? 

I hope someone got fired for that one!

Earlier in the film he looks back over the history of what he missed while frozen. It is very much explained 
You can motorboat but no whistling
Back to Top
Terzino View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 351
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 4:12pm
Must have been some refresher course for him to suddenly imagine Thatcher with her kit off.
Back to Top
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Location: Clairefontaine
Status: Offline
Points: 14199
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Must have been some refresher course for him to suddenly imagine Thatcher with her kit off.

It's a comedy. Plus I'd imagine the first female prime minister would have been a big talking point and a big part of history 
You can motorboat but no whistling
Back to Top
Terzino View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 351
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:46pm
The end of the film Argo.

The Americans are on board a jumbo jet, trying to make good their escape from Tehran after the Islamic revolution. Their cover is blown just as they are leaving, so the Iranians give chase.

This amounts to a car chase down the runway. But just as the Iranians catch the plane, it takes off.

According to the film, the Americans are now safe!

What a load of nonsense! 

The plane is still obviously in Iranian air-space, and will be for the next two or three hours! All the Iranians have to do is order the plane to return to the airport! Or send up a fighter to make it return if it doesn't comply!


What's worse is that this film is based on a true story. When Hollywood says something is based on truth, that usually means it's complete fiction. And that's what the chase was - totally made up.

So not only did it not happen, but it made no sense either! 

Some writer or executive decided that the film needed a car chase in order to create a bit of drama and tension.

How bad at film making do you need to be to add a car chase to a political movie, that was so ridiculous it would have been rejected by the makers of the A-Team as derivative!
Back to Top
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 20 Aug 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 2572
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:56pm
That bit wrecked my head too. I read the book and they actually left Iran in a Delorean.
Back to Top
Terzino View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Status: Offline
Points: 351
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

That bit wrecked my head too. I read the book and they actually left Iran in a Delorean.


But what did they use to power the delorean?
Back to Top
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I love Vulvas

Joined: 09 Aug 2011
Location: Dublin
Status: Offline
Points: 22252
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

The end of the film Argo.

The Americans are on board a jumbo jet, trying to make good their escape from Tehran after the Islamic revolution. Their cover is blown just as they are leaving, so the Iranians give chase.

This amounts to a car chase down the runway. But just as the Iranians catch the plane, it takes off.

According to the film, the Americans are now safe!

What a load of nonsense! 

The plane is still obviously in Iranian air-space, and will be for the next two or three hours! All the Iranians have to do is order the plane to return to the airport! Or send up a fighter to make it return if it doesn't comply!


What's worse is that this film is based on a true story. When Hollywood says something is based on truth, that usually means it's complete fiction. And that's what the chase was - totally made up.

So not only did it not happen, but it made no sense either! 

Some writer or executive decided that the film needed a car chase in order to create a bit of drama and tension.

How bad at film making do you need to be to add a car chase to a political movie, that was so ridiculous it would have been rejected by the makers of the A-Team as derivative!

Tehran is in the north of the country but even if it wasn't and it was smack bang in the middle of the country, they would not be still in Iranian airspace for 2/3 hours. I know Iran is a large country all the same. 

The car chase is typical Hollywood nonsense but it's a movie not a documentary. 

The most egregious thing about that film was the bit part the Canadian Ambassador played in getting them out when he did far more. It was mostly a Canadian operation with the CIA playing a small role. As far as I remember the Canadians were hopping over it. 
"I'm Louis Theroux. I'm Louis Theroux and his wry smile at the orgy"
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.