You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Movie Plot Holes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 24>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

The 2nd Die Hard where the Windsor flight is flying on fumes and had to land , now crashed in a huge ball of flames . Looks like a hell of a lot of gas on that one baby .

LOL

That was just Des Curley telling them sh*te so he could land the plane an go for his scoops

''I'll be landing this plane on the white house lawn coz I'm going for me pints!'

LOL

The role as pilot was his big break in acting. He was only in his mid 30s then. Has he ever looked young. The big irish head on him LOL

''Warp speed 1. Make it so Mr. O'Brien''
says under his breath:  ''I'll warp your head around this bench ye thick''
''What was that Mr. O'Brien?''
''And another ting. Do we have to wear these poxy costumes?  I feel like JAne bleedin Fonda in this skin tight yoke.  The belly on me wha? Reminds me of my Sharon''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 12:08pm
The movie is one big plot hole so there's no point thinking about it, but in Face/Off John Travolta's face is way bigger than Nicolas Cage's face so how would the face swap even work.

It'd be like this.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:25am
In 'There's a Rhino Loose in the City'  how does nobody suspect the rhino for the murders?  Surely the zoo would report a missing rhino and the police would be on the look out?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:19pm
In Rocky 4 his son is about 6-8 years of age wgen he is fighting Drago. Upon his return home his son is about 12-15 yrs old.

Whats all that about Jeff?

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:31pm

In Rocky 4 his son is about 6-8 years of age wgen he is fighting Drago. Upon his return home his son is about 12-15 yrs old.

I like to think Rocky had brain damage after the fight with Drago and the whole film is a dream while he's in an induced coma
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I like to think Rocky had brain damage after the fight with Drago and the whole film is a dream while he's in an induced coma

If you told Stallone that idea he would have made 10 more Rocky films.  He went down a Cul de Sac with Rocky V

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:38pm
In Commando Arnie escapes the plane by going through a door which says don't open during flight I know it was mid 80s and but surely some form of alarms would go off in cockpit.

He also states that he was airsick and steward just let him go, now I'm not 100% sure but I'd imagine for safety he'd still be directed back to his seat
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 2:54pm

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 4:44pm

LOL
ma
Ralph Macio was 28/29 in Karate Kid 3.  More like Karate Man 3

BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:06am

In Commando Arnie escapes the plane by going through a door which says don't open during flight I know it was mid 80s and but surely some form of alarms would go off in cockpit.

He also states that he was airsick and steward just let him go, now I'm not 100% sure but I'd imagine for safety he'd still be directed back to his seat

Arnie kills the same bad guy extra 3 times - everything about that movie is perfect! 

Team Emmet
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 9:46pm
Not really a plot hole just a query, in terminator when in the club Sarah rings the police she puts money into the phone, surely 911 is free to call even on a payphone 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 10:46pm

Not really a plot hole just a query, in terminator when in the club Sarah rings the police she puts money into the phone, surely 911 is free to call even on a payphone 

What I want to know is how a gorgeous woman has sex with a man wearing a pair of panta robbed from a homeless drunk on the street who has pissed and probably shat himself numerous times in said pants.

I can only imagine the stink off him

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 11:11pm

What I want to know is how a gorgeous woman has sex with a man wearing a pair of panta robbed from a homeless drunk on the street who has pissed and probably shat himself numerous times in said pants.

I can only imagine the stink off him

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 1:56am
I'm going form purely memory here so open to correction but in both Top Gun movies at the the end of each film they are called to a very vague mission.  They never mention who the mission is against or the purpose of it.  Just ''a NATO country'' or such and such and I dont think they even gave that amount of info in the first film.   All a bit of a blur to me Jeff.

Anyway I just find it slightly amusing that a mission has suddenly come up against this very very vague faceless enemy.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 8:07am
They talk about Migs a lot as the enemies plane. They are soviet yokes so doesnt take much to guess who the enemy is.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 9:48am

I'm going form purely memory here so open to correction but in both Top Gun movies at the the end of each film they are called to a very vague mission.  They never mention who the mission is against or the purpose of it.  Just ''a NATO country'' or such and such and I dont think they even gave that amount of info in the first film.   All a bit of a blur to me Jeff.

Anyway I just find it slightly amusing that a mission has suddenly come up against this very very vague faceless enemy.

Haven't seen the new one but watched the original again recently and the mission is protect a US Navy ship which was disabled and drifted into hostile waters so not vague at all.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:24am
Pretty sure the attack helicopter near the end of the new film is a Russian Mil-Mi24.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:35am

They talk about Migs a lot as the enemies plane. They are soviet yokes so doesnt take much to guess who the enemy is.

St Patricks Athletic release new home jersey ahead of 2020 campaign
I thought they were insurance brokers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 24>
  Share Topic