Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mourinho to be sacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:02pm
Sponsored Links

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Interesting opinion on Mourinho by Ken Early
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-like-napoleon-mourinho-is-the-outsider-always-trying-to-prove-himself-1.3736207?mode=amp

Mourinho is Trump, except Mourinho speaks five languages, whereas Trump can't even manage to speak one properly.

2016's big three grand follies were Jose Trump, Donald Trump and Brexit. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:30pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:34pm
You not find it interesting PM?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:37pm

You not find it interesting PM?
I find his writing style dreadful and inarticulate. It doesn't help that I have no interest in Manchester United or Mourinho, apart from the amusing fall out on here! Maybe if I had an interest I would have got through more!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:39pm
So why did you read it then LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:42pm

I always hope that bad writers, who are making a living from it, will prove me wrong.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I always hope that bad writers, who are making a living from it, will prove me wrong.
Early is a superb writer. 

If you're looking for an example of this, read his match report from the Wales v Ireland game in October 2017. 

It's not a match report, it's a work of art.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:54pm

I like Ken Early. He writes fluently and thinks cogently. Baby

El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm

What about SlurAlex LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm
It is clearly subjective then.  He isn't for me.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

What about SlurAlex LOL
LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:59pm

What about SlurAlex LOL

Remember his piece in the independent, where he constantly spelt Falcao incorrectly, the same way as he did on this forum for years. LOL
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

What about SlurAlex LOL

Remember his piece in the independent, where he constantly spelt Falcao incorrectly, the same way as he did on this forum for years. LOL
Yeah it read like Joe.ie

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:12pm
I couldn't read anymore after the bullsh*t intellectualisation of a bleedin manager getting the sack.  Serious self indulgent bollox.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I couldn't read anymore after the bullsh*t intellectualisation of a bleedin manager getting the sack.  Serious self indulgent bollox.
Couldn't have put it better.LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:26pm
I like Ken Early's articles usually, and not having read this one though I can relate to TJ's point as well from previous pieces he has done
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Football managers are no longer mere people.

With the decline of religion, they are now our secular Gods. 

We invest them with all sorts of powers, we invest irrational belief in them. 

They are our messiahs, and when they prove to be false messiahs, we crucify them. 

The power and the trust we bestow on them is emblematic of the increasing sense of powerlessness that people in society feel. 

Man has always searched for meaning, and hundreds of thousands of years of human evolution have led us to the ultimate search for meaning - the football manager soap opera. 

The interviews, the press conferences, the rolled down car windows where we desperately hope our chosen one will reveal an exciting new possible transfer target, the tweets from unofficial "in the know" sources that a manager is about to sign a brilliant new player you've never heard of, the barbs, the mind games, the refusal to shake hands with another manager at the end of a game, the annoyed look on a manager's face after a handshake, the search for thinly veiled discord between manager and star player. 

Football managers are the opium of the people. 

Edited by sid waddell - 19 Dec 2018 at 3:31pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
  Share Topic