Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most over rated player in world football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:45am
Julian Draxler

My impression of this guy was that he was a young up and coming talent, but in reality he's been the proverbial boy wonder for his entire career

He's 27

I honestly can't remember a single thing he's done in his career

That Adrien Rabiot chap was similarly talked up for a while until it became obvious that he was happy to steal a living as a professional
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Henderson has to be up there, a good player at best
Maguire for 80mil puts him in the category
And Neymar, but mostly because he's a ****
Yep spot on .

Would love to play one game against , i would kick him once and would not get up from it Approve
LOL That would really learn him.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:53am
Timo Werner. The latest in a long line of "but he scored loads of goals in Germany/Holland" flops
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Timo Werner. The latest in a long line of "but he scored loads of goals in Germany/Holland" flops

He's only had 3 or 4 games, and is being played wide on the left strangely

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Scored goals in the Bundesliga, Champions League and at International level! 4 league games in and he’s a flopLOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:04am

Is it a long line?

Strikers coming from the Dutch league can be hit or miss alright

You can get a Kezman or a Depay, but then again you can get a Suarez or a van Nistelrooy

And the weird thing is that there seems to be no quality control standard that can indicate which will be which

I think Werner could flop alright, there's a bang of Roberto Soldado off him

Edited by sid waddell - 05 Oct 2020 at 11:05am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He's played his best stuff when either partnered with a striker or from the left wing. Doesn't really have the physicality to be the lone front man through the middle. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Julian Draxler

My impression of this guy was that he was a young up and coming talent, but in reality he's been the proverbial boy wonder for his entire career

He's 27

I honestly can't remember a single thing he's done in his career

That Adrien Rabiot chap was similarly talked up for a while until it became obvious that he was happy to steal a living as a professional

I remember thinking when Wolfsburg signed Draxler as a replacement for De Bruyne that they done a brilliant piece of business and that he was a steal for 36m.

OK they went on to sell him at a profit but he didn't really have the impact I thought he would have had compared to De Bruyne
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 1:28pm
I remember some years back when Martin O'Neill was a studio pundit at some Finals tournament and he went off on one on Zlatan and how overrated he was.

I think he may have called him "the most overrated player I've ever seen"? LOL

Edited by Territorial - 05 Oct 2020 at 1:28pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 1:30pm
Harry Maguire and Eric Dier and most English internationals.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I remember some years back when Martin O'Neill was a studio pundit at some Finals tournament and he went off on one on Zlatan and how overrated he was.

The fact remains that Zlatan never did it in the Champions League and that's a serious mark against his worth as a player
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 1:42pm

The fact remains that Zlatan never did it in the Champions League and that's a serious mark against his worth as a player

And Messi has never done it for Argentina....
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 1:55pm
Harry Kane would be up there too but in fairness he has looked good this season.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:08pm

Is it a long line?

Strikers coming from the Dutch league can be hit or miss alright

You can get a Kezman or a Depay, but then again you can get a Suarez or a van Nistelrooy

And the weird thing is that there seems to be no quality control standard that can indicate which will be which

I think Werner could flop alright, there's a bang of Roberto Soldado off him
Maybe it's more Holland, thinking of the likes of Haller, Joelinton, etc
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Harry Kane would be up there too but in fairness he has looked good this season.
Kane "overrated"?

In fairness that comment is complete bollox.

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:32pm

And Messi has never done it for Argentina....
Messi has done it for Argentina though

But even if he hadn't, the comparisons would be apples and oranges

Zlatan has always been a massive under performer at the top level of club football

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:35pm

[QUOTE=BrendanD88]Harry Kane would be up there too but in fairness he has looked good this season.
Kane "overrated"?

In fairness that comment is complete bollox.

LOL
[/QUOTE

I assume he is fishing.

He will end up Englands all time top goal scorer and will get close to Shearers premier league record.

DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 2:37pm
Coutinho. Even when he was at Liverpool he was great for scoring a worldie but that's it. No shock that he'shardly played since leaving Liverpool. Even before joining them he was nothing special. Lauren Robert was great at scoring worldies too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic