Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most over rated player in world football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:11pm
Agree on Traore

To be over rated, for the purposes of this thread, you have to be highly rated in the first place and maybe even spoken of as world class by many in the media. I don't see that with Gabriel Jesus, its now clear that he'll always be a backup striker at City, to be fair to you Brendy you called that a long time ago. Imagine City with a world class striker up front. 

A CIES report a few weeks ago named Marcus Rashford as the most valuable footballer in Europe at the minute. Now that to me is over rating him massively. A good player, will score goals and his pace is tremendous, but still has major flaws and limitations in his game, and has many 5 or 6 out of ten performances. 

Would have Alexander Arnold in the over rated category too. Many call him the worlds best right back, his defending has never been that convincing and this season his attacking play has stalled. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Jan 2021 at 2:15pm
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Adama Traore. He is absolutely pony, yet week after week we're told opposition players and managers are terrified of him. He does absolutely nothing in games.

Agree! Has 5 more caps for Spain than he should have.
He’s been very poor this season. Thought he did well last season  but definitely overrated 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Dele Ali one is strange. Not sure how he is so out of favour there at Spurs. I would expect Poch to take him to PSG probably. I don't know if hes overated, he is def talented. Too good to be rotting away on the bench at any club.
This.

In terms of natural ability, he's as good as anyone in his position in the PL.

But his early rise from MK to Spurs to England looks to have gone to his head, possibly not helped by Poch indulging him too much?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A CIES report a few weeks ago named Marcus Rashford as the most valuable footballer in Europe at the minute. Now that to me is over rating him massively. A good player, will score goals and his pace is tremendous, but still has major flaws and limitations in his game, and has many 5 or 6 out of ten performances. 

That evaluation doesn't just take into account ability or achievement. It also involves potential (age, experience etc), plus commercial prospects (salary, length of contract, value to current club and/or their need to sell etc).

All of which adds up to the fact that anyone looking to buy Rashford might conceivably have to shell out more to prise him from his present club than anyone else currently playing. But that's not the same as saying he's the "best" player in the world.

Edited by Territorial - 18 Jan 2021 at 2:33pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 2:35pm
Yeah i'm aware of that. Even still, he's over rated i think to be anywhere near the top of that list
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 3:04pm

Yeah i'm aware of that. Even still, he's over rated i think to be anywhere near the top of that list
He's 23, meaning he's got two more big contracts ahead of him before resale value begins to drop off.

Whereas Harry Kane is much further down the list, reflecting that at 27, he has only one more big contract before that becomes a factor.

This has nothing to do with playing value but has a huge effect on transfer value (though as it happens, at 23 y.o., Rashford has probably achieved as much as Kane had by that age).

Edited by Territorial - 18 Jan 2021 at 3:04pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 4:58pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Anyone want to argue against my Firmino opinion now?
Big difference in being over rated and being in bad form. Liverpool's front three and TAA have been in bad form the last while (Mane not as much as the others). If you're basing your decisions on that then you'd have Salah in there too. Bruno's a top player too but was poor yesterday. That's allowed

One thing I will agree with you on though is Thiago. Hadn't seen too much of him before he signed but even after only a few games you can see how good he is. Love the way he's always looking to play forward even if the easy ball backwards is on

The golden rule of Brendy's lists on this thread seems to be that its allowed if its a Man United player
Any player from a rival club who has a bad game its immediately highlighted with a knee jerk post that he's over rated. The same doesn't apply when said player has a good game, so it lacks consistency

Liverpool fans argued Firmino was world class I argued otherwise.

Really? where.

I've never been his biggest fan, but understand the role he does and what he brings to the team.

Oh not sure, wonder does he have a song alluding to it?

A fans song now is proof LOL

Firminhio has been an excellent player for Liverpool the past 3-4 years. He's not having a good season, maybe he's past his best or going through a bad patch. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Big difference in being over rated and being in bad form. Liverpool's front three and TAA have been in bad form the last while (Mane not as much as the others). If you're basing your decisions on that then you'd have Salah in there too. Bruno's a top player too but was poor yesterday. That's allowed

One thing I will agree with you on though is Thiago. Hadn't seen too much of him before he signed but even after only a few games you can see how good he is. Love the way he's always looking to play forward even if the easy ball backwards is on

The golden rule of Brendy's lists on this thread seems to be that its allowed if its a Man United player
Any player from a rival club who has a bad game its immediately highlighted with a knee jerk post that he's over rated. The same doesn't apply when said player has a good game, so it lacks consistency

Really? where.

I've never been his biggest fan, but understand the role he does and what he brings to the team.

Firminhio has been an excellent player for Liverpool the past 3-4 years. He's not having a good season, maybe he's past his best or going through a bad patch. 

I have plenty of Liverpool supporting mates who use to say he was world class! Most of them don’t think he’s good enough for Liverpool anymore.

And it’s Firmino not Firminho.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 7:31pm

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Really? where.

I have plenty of Liverpool supporting mates who use to say he was world class! Most of them don’t think he’s good enough for Liverpool anymore.

And it’s Firmino not Firminho.
Rule 1 of internet arguments, if you've resorted to pointing out grammar or spelling errors, you've lost the argument
SeanyL View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanyL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 7:39pm
I clicked on this thread to nominate Bobby Firmino but I see that’s already been taken care of. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 1:14pm
Zlatan Ibrahomovic: a mere 12 goals in 8 x Serie A games in a season where he had Covid, as his team goes 3 points clear at the top of the table (10 beyond Juve)....

Ridiculously overrated... LOL

Edited by Territorial - 19 Jan 2021 at 1:15pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:13pm

A few days ago Brendan commented that it was Robert Firmino for him, it got me thinking.

Paul Pogba would be mine

Clap
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 10:14pm
Anthony Martial. He does nothing and offers nothing. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 11:18pm

A few days ago Brendan commented that it was Robert Firmino for him, it got me thinking.

Paul Pogba would be mine

Clap

I’ll respond, I’ll not go hiding.
When watching the game earlier I said the same 
Fair play to Solksjaer. Ever since Raiola said that Pogba wanted to leave he’s handled it well, and the past two months is the first time Pogba has put in some match winning performances in a United jersey. (West Ham, Burnley, tonight spring to mind)

Still a bit to go to justify the transfer fee mind you. Needs to do it over a longer period 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Jan 2021 at 11:21pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 8:45am

Paul Pogba would be mine

Clap

Fair play to Solksjaer. Ever since Raiola said that Pogba wanted to leave he’s handled it well, and the past two months is the first time Pogba has put in some match winning performances in a United jersey. (West Ham, Burnley, tonight spring to mind)

Still a bit to go to justify the transfer fee mind you. Needs to do it over a longer period 
Yeah they didn't spend £104m on a player to beat Burnley, Fulham and West Ham. Missed a guilt edge chance to beat Liverpool at the weekend
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Paul Pogba would be mine

Clap

Yeah they didn't spend £104m on a player to beat Burnley, Fulham and West Ham. Missed a guilt edge chance to beat Liverpool at the weekend

Add another £15m on there sure while you’re at it.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 10:02am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Paul Pogba would be mine

Clap

Add another £15m on there sure while you’re at it.

Yeah the add-ons were for winning leagues and champions leagues.
He hasn’t and won’t be getting any of those bonus payments.

There is no doubting his ability, but Pogba only plays for Pogba.
I think Utd should sell and move on. 

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Zlatan Ibrahomovic: a mere 12 goals in 8 x Serie A games in a season where he had Covid, as his team goes 3 points clear at the top of the table (10 beyond Juve)....

Ridiculously overrated... LOL

What age is he 37 or something. Some of the choices people have put in here Confused
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic