Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most over rated player in world football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 3:51pm
I'm not sure about some of the workings there, but at least they got the right answer.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 3:55pm
Hard to disagree 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 4:38pm
I think all this proves is that Man U fans opinions are the most overrated in the world (though not by themselves).

Anyhow, as a Spurs fan, I want to know who voted Ledley King into that poll, so that I can find out where they live, go round their house and beat them to death with a house brick wrapped in a photograph of Sol Campbell.

On his day, Ledley was right up there with the very best CB's in English football. In fact I'd go so far to say that he approached Paul McGrath-class, that's how good he was.

Meanwhile, as a non-Liverpool fan, I think it ludicrous to put Gerrard at the top of any such list. I mean, there are at least a dozen on that list alone who are FAR more overrated.

Edited by Territorial - 13 Oct 2020 at 4:39pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 4:40pm
”Paul McGrath class”

You just proved he is in fact overrated.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

”Paul McGrath class”

You just proved he is in fact overrated.

I happily agree that McGrath was the best CB I've seen in English football in the last 30-odd years.

But as someone who, unlike non-Spurs fans, saw a lot of 'The King', I honestly believe that his best approached McGrath's.

The difference being that Ledley's knees were even more delicate than his.

Certainly the best Spurs CB by far in the last 30 years - any Spurs fan will tell you that:
https://htwww.sportskeeda.com/football/ledley-king-best-of-his-generation

And if you don't want to watch thw whole of this, just look at THAT tackle on Arjen Robben at 2 mins in to see what Ledley was all about:

Edited by Territorial - 13 Oct 2020 at 4:58pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 4:54pm
He was no Jonathan Woodgate.

To be fair he was excellent, shame about his injuries.
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 4:54pm
Neymar
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 5:00pm

He was no Jonathan Woodgate.

To be fair he was excellent, shame about his injuries.
Woody wasn't that bad, tbf.

Still wasn't fit to lace Ledley's drinks, mind.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 5:12pm
Ledley was deadly. Bizarre that he’s on that list. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:54pm
Another anonymous performance from the world class Firmino today! What a player Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 6:49pm

I was reminded today of another one who was tremendously overrated for years, until everyone - even his mum and dad? - finally accepted that he was never more than distinctly average once he he lost his youthful pace: Theo Walcott.
"When Walcott was 14 years old, he signed an endorsement deal with American sportswear and equipment supplier, Nike. In November 2012 he appeared in an advert for the new Nike Green Speed II alongside Eden Hazard and Raheem Sterling"

Hazard, Sterling and Walcott - The world's easiest "Spot The Odd Man Out" competition. LOL

P.S. Theo Walcott gained 47 England caps. And earned about 3 of them.

Edited by Territorial - 17 Oct 2020 at 6:50pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:02pm
even though Neymar has been mention previously he became Brazils 2nd highest goal scorer. 
Must have played Oman a lot. 
The dark side.. And the light
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 2:08pm

Another anonymous performance from the world class Firmino today! What a player Clap

He's been below his usual level for a while now.

I wonder would they consider playing Jota-Mane-Salah. Jota was on fire for Portugal during the internationals and Mané could be excellent through the middle.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 3:19pm
I think they should change it up! Firmino has been complacent for a year now, needs to be dropped.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 4:56pm
Strange that when he wasn't playing well Liverpool won the league.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Strange that when he wasn't playing well Liverpool won the league.

How’s that strange?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 9:32pm
How does Kalvin Phillips start for England and what does he actually offer as a footballer?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm

How does Kalvin Phillips start for England and what does he actually offer as a footballer?

Are there any English players you actually think are even half decent LOL

What would your England XI be? Serious question
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 21>
  Share Topic