You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mortgages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:32pm
yeah we are about 18 months into ours and looking to break it but are being charged €1300 😢
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

yeah we are about 18 months into ours and looking to break it but are being charged €1300 😢
Jaysus who’s that with?
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:39pm
AIB 😳
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Had the house revalued and managed to bring the LTV down to below 80%. Delighted. Retained the same payments and took 5 months off the lifetime of the mortgage! Mental difference.

Went from 3.15% to 2.95%.

Hopefully no change in rates anytime soon!
How much did the valuation cost? Out of interest. 

We ended our 2 year fixed in May of 3.65% and dropped it to 3% and didn’t have to get a valuation at all so maybe they just did their own value and decided our LTV met the criteria for the 3% rate, our LTV is approx 62% or so I reckon so I’m happy enough with 3% fixed for 3 years. 

Edited by Sono - 12 Oct 2018 at 10:26pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Had the house revalued and managed to bring the LTV down to below 80%. Delighted. Retained the same payments and took 5 months off the lifetime of the mortgage! Mental difference.

We ended our 2 year fixed in May of 3.65% and dropped it to 3% and didn’t have to get a valuation at all so maybe they just did their own value and decided our LTV met the criteria for the 3% rate, our LTV is approx 62% or so I reckon so I’m happy enough with 3% fixed for 3 years. 

Did your LTV not just naturally go below a certain rate though? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 8:27am
LTV dropped significantly because of the way the market has gone, after 2 years paying off a mortgage you haven’t paid much off the principle it’s mainly interest.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 10:52am

Jaysus who’s that with?

The bank has to match your fixed rate with a hedge for a fixed term to make sure they don't carry the risk of rate changes. All this is very clearly explained at the time of fixing so don't see why the surprise. Why wouldn't anyone break a fixed for a lower rates when rates drop if there wasn't a fee? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 11:51am

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Did your LTV not just naturally go below a certain rate though? 
Most mortgages don't change LTV "naturally" as you describe Mark, I'm surprised AIB did that for you with a free valuation. We were in the same boat with AIB, and had to move to BOI to get onto the lower LTV. On our mortgage, we entered on about 81% LTV, and if we did nothing, AIB would have considered us in the 81% band until the very last payment.

Sono's example is due to interest rates falling. Back in 2016, 3.65% would have been a normal rate for 2 year fixed, nowadays it's closer to 3% for 3 year fixed (my own 2 year fixed expired this year, was 3.65%, they moved us to variable at 3.15%, so we moved to BOI). I reckon if Sono went to BOI or UB they could get an even chepaer rate but would have had to switch mortgage via a solicitor etc. 3% isn't bad
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Jaysus who’s that with?

The bank has to match your fixed rate with a hedge for a fixed term to make sure they don't carry the risk of rate changes. All this is very clearly explained at the time of fixing so don't see why the surprise. Why wouldn't anyone break a fixed for a lower rates when rates drop if there wasn't a fee? 

I knew I would have to pay but wasn’t really aware how much it be 😢 AIB have said they will more than likely waive the fee if we take our new mortgage out with them anyway so hopefully they will 👍🏻👍🏻
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:24am
Anybody else mortgaged with EBS?

They've started sending texts of late saying the last day of the month falls on a weekend so make sure you've paid up. That's fine and thanks for the heads up.

But this morning I've received a text from them saying there's only 2 weeks left of the month and we are yet to receive your payment......

I pay on the 27th/28th so buck off.

Thankfully i am in a position to pay every month but i think of people living month to month and 2 weeks prior to payment being due, they're getting these texts.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:29am
Not with EBS but Pay mine by DD anyway. Surely someone with your standing in the world of diabetes would have a DD 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Not with EBS but Pay mine by DD anyway. Surely someone with your standing in the world of diabetes would have a DD 

I like the feeling of control I have determining when the banks get their mulah
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:34am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They have to get it by a certain date so all youre controlling is not giving it to them earlier. Give it late and you’re paying a bit more interest. 
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:58am

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They have to get it by a certain date so all youre controlling is not giving it to them earlier. Give it late and you’re paying a bit more interest. 
Plus the possibility of forgetting to pay one month and getting a bad credit rating. Horrible and relentless as it is, I prefer to pay on DD. The EBS online account has changed recently and doesn't seem to show as much detail as previously on my mortgage. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 10:51pm
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/interest-rate-hike-may-be-pushed-back-to-2020-891983.html

Good news, hopefully, that we might have another year of relatively low interest rates. Still sickening that we are paying twice the EU average though. 

Hopefully this talk of new competition next year might have a positive impact on rates. 

Currently paying 2.95%.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 9:21am

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/interest-rate-hike-may-be-pushed-back-to-2020-891983.html

Good news, hopefully, that we might have another year of relatively low interest rates. Still sickening that we are paying twice the EU average though. 

Hopefully this talk of new competition next year might have a positive impact on rates. 

Currently paying 2.95%.

Not you I'm aiming this at all, but people want it both ways. 

If rates are to be lower, Vulture funds need to be able to buy bad loans and people evicted more quickly. I'm not advocating that but do see a lot of people want the lower rates but against vulture funds. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:38am
No I hear you 100%. It's incredibly difficult to get evicted jn Ireland despite what you hear. Generally the reason interest rates are so high is because they are paying for bad loans. 
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:01am
We are also paying for bad decisions made by banks the tracker mortgages 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
  Share Topic