You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mortgages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 12:01pm
whats the typical cost of a solicitor for a house purchase? is it around 1200. Also whats the cost of a engineers survey for a house?
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

whats the typical cost of a solicitor for a house purchase? is it around 1200. Also whats the cost of a engineers survey for a house?

Conveyancing for a purchase will be in around the €1.2k to €1.5k but you might be able to get it cheaper. Also depends on the house being purchased too as things like extensions, planning permission, pre 1963 build etc could see it being more. Some solicitors do deals for employees of customers etc so worth asking around at work. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

I paid 1350 earlier this year for a solicitor. Can't comment on engineers survey I'm afraid as it was a transfer of land ownership (a site) but fee wise for a house sale would be similar.

Don't forget there's stamp duty on top of that 

Edited by colemanY2K - 01 Sep 2022 at 12:28pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 1:09pm
Solicitor is about €12000-€1500 but there's about €800 in legal fees for the purchase that sometimes go through the solicitor. Don't need to pay that for a remortgage obviously.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 12:54pm
Been searching for a house for well over two years. Applying on my own, so twice as hard to find somewhere. So every 6 months i've re-applied and each and every time i've added to my savings and earnings showing improvements in my funding.

Finally last month I got lucky and found a property that suits my budget and went Sale Agreed. I'd lost total track of when the most recent application for a mortgage went in and after going sale agreed I copped I was 2 days over the 6 months and would need to re apply.

I changed job 6 weeks ago, so went to my mortgage advisor with all the documents, new salary cert, etc and he was like this wont be a problem, i'll sort it. This morning I just got an email to say that Bank of Ireland are now questioning my new job and the probation period and do not wish to support my mortgage application and honestly I feel as if my world has just collapsed down on top of me and I do not know what to do. I've done everything they've asked of me, including finding a higher paid more stable job and now i'm Sale Agreed they don't want to know about me. Cry

Edited by ShamtheRam - 29 Nov 2022 at 1:04pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Been searching for a house for well over two years. Applying on my own, so twice as hard to find somewhere. So every 6 months i've re-applied and each and every time i've added to my savings and earnings showing improvements in my funding.

Finally last month I got lucky and found a property that suits my budget and went Sale Agreed. I'd lost total track of when the most recent application for a mortgage went in and after going sale agreed I copped I was 2 days over the 6 months and would need to re apply.

I changed job 6 weeks ago, so went to my mortgage advisor with all the documents, new salary cert, etc and he was like this wont be a problem, i'll sort it. This morning I just got an email to say that Bank of Ireland are now questioning my new job and the probation period do not wish to support my mortgage application and honestly I feel as if my world has just collapsed down on top of me and I do not know what to do. I've done everything they've asked of me, including finding a higher paid more stable job and now i'm Sale Agreed they don't want to know about me. Cry
Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out for you. The banks are pricks.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:26pm
That's hard man tough luck. 
Maybe you will look back in the future as a blessing as these things have a way of working themselves out but yeah that is a raw deal 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 1:49pm
That's an absolute joke. But where there's a will there's a way.
Youre 6 months in the new job? So that's another 4 and a half months before you'll be approved again. Conveyancing will be minimum 3 months anyways and possibly more. 

Can you ask the bank when the probation is up, can they rubber stamp it immediately? You can have your ducks in a row etc by then

Ask your solicitor how to tie the two timelines in together

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I changed job 6 weeks ago, so went to my mortgage advisor with all the documents, new salary cert, etc and he was like this wont be a problem, i'll sort it. This morning I just got an email to say that Bank of Ireland are now questioning my new job and the probation period and do not wish to support my mortgage application and honestly I feel as if my world has just collapsed down on top of me and I do not know what to do. I've done everything they've asked of me, including finding a higher paid more stable job and now i'm Sale Agreed they don't want to know about me. Cry

He's an idiot, it should have been a serious red flag to him and he should have told you what was going to happen. Was this done over the phone or in the branch? If done over the phone it should be on a recorded line so could appeal on that basis.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Youre 6 months in the new job? So that's another 4 and a half months before you'll be approved again. Conveyancing will be minimum 3 months anyways and possibly more. 

Can you ask the bank when the probation is up, can they rubber stamp it immediately? You can have your ducks in a row etc by then

Risky approach but plenty go sale agreed before being even approved in principle. Might also be worth trying to get an idea from the estate agent when the current owners are looking to move out, they might be waiting on someone else to get out of somewhere they are sale agreed on so the longer that went on would be in your favor.  
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 3:36pm

Best of luck Sham. You might benefit from the recent dip in house prices. The sellers might be happy to hang on to your offer and wait 
El Puto Amo
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Risky approach but plenty go sale agreed before being even approved in principle. Might also be worth trying to get an idea from the estate agent when the current owners are looking to move out, they might be waiting on someone else to get out of somewhere they are sale agreed on so the longer that went on would be in your favor.  

Hardly risky for Sham in fairness. He has nothing to lose! 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Best of luck Sham. You might benefit from the recent dip in house prices. The sellers might be happy to hang on to your offer and wait 
I know the lad selling the house. If I ask for him to hold off until April until when the bank have said they'd release the money, I know full well he'll tell me tough sh*t and put the house back on the market.

Like the job I left, I left because there was uncertainty surrounding the companies future in Ireland, and I had my doubts over if they'd even be in Ireland this time next year, so I left the job to guarantee my job security. Had I stayed in the job, the bank would have gone today, ya no bother drive on. I did their due diligence for them and now I'm the one being punished Pinch
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 8:42pm
When did you sale agree Sham? How long have you been in the new job? 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:06pm

When did you sale agree Sham? How long have you been in the new job? 
I've been sale agreed for the last two weeks or so and in the new job 6 weeks.

Full time job too to clarify. Not on a contract
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:23pm
So does the vendor know about the mortgage situation? Does he need to know? Like there could be any number things that could hold up the sale until April. My advice would be to draw it out as long as possible. Solicitors will close for two weeks for Christmas anyway so nothing will happen then.

It wouldn't be remotely unusual for a sale to be agreed in November and closed in April. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Maybe you will look back in the future as a blessing as these things have a way of working themselves out but yeah that is a raw deal 

Prices are starting to drop in some places and you'll have saved some more so you'll probably end up getting a better place at a better price. Your future self will be happier Big smile
It would damage this forums' reputation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Prices are starting to drop in some places and you'll have saved some more so you'll probably end up getting a better place at a better price. Your future self will be happier Big smile

Yep it happened to me that we were outbid on a house had heart set on. Ended up getting something for near same price in a nicer area and think back now and so glad it worked out how it did. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
  Share Topic