You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moldova - 9th October 2016 - Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 61626364>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 4:14pm
That's horrendous behaviour
Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 4:22pm
Bad form alright Thumbs Down
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 4:44pm
Would I be wrong in assuming that 'funding the supporters club' means money that was  earmarked for charity would in fact be supporting a local hostelry instead?
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 4:52pm
Not cool. After all the work and effort ye put into it.
The dark side.. And the light
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Would I be wrong in assuming that 'funding the supporters club' means money that was  earmarked for charity would in fact be supporting a local hostelry instead?

We still have money to donate to the charity but that was where all excess money was to go now one else should have benefited from the bus
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 5:09pm
Ok, to play devils advocate here.
If there were a number of people on the bus from a particular SC who all paid the agreed fare of €20 but also decided between themselves that they would add an extra €5 for their club, what is the major issue with that?
It sounds like €20 was agreed as a round number which was easier to collect and after the company was paid the balance would be given to charity.

I can't see anything too wrong with that unless I am missing something?

We don't want to be in a situation where we are nitpicking everything a SC or SC member does just to find fault as it doesn't help independent supporters and will just paint us as being petty.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 5:12pm
I'd echo Redladds points 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

If there were a number of people on the bus from a particular SC who all paid the agreed fare of €20 but also decided between themselves that they would add an extra €5 for their club, what is the major issue with that?
It sounds like €20 was agreed as a round number which was easier to collect and after the company was paid the balance would be given to charity.

We don't want to be in a situation where we are nitpicking everything a SC or SC member does just to find fault as it doesn't help independent supporters and will just paint us as being petty.

Why should a club that had no involvement in organising the bus benefit from it?

Why did the individual not let us know he intended to do this when he was booking the seats?

Did the rest of the group know they were being charged extra seeing as it was 1 individual that dealt with their booking

Why was an individual asked where they on "this clubs bus" when we landed in Bacau. Was this club telling people they were organising this bus when in fact they had no input into it at all

I didn't bring this issue up because it was a supporters club that did it i brought it up because we put alot of time and effort into organising this and certain individuals feel they can use it for their own benefit which we aren't too impressed with
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Why should a club that had no involvement in organising the bus benefit from it?

Why did the individual not let us know he intended to do this when he was booking the seats?

Did the rest of the group know they were being charged extra seeing as it was 1 individual that dealt with their booking

Why was an individual asked where they on "this clubs bus" when we landed in Bacau. Was this club telling people they were organising this bus when in fact they had no input into it at all

I didn't bring this issue up because it was a supporters club that did it i brought it up because we put alot of time and effort into organising this and certain individuals feel they can use it for their own benefit which we aren't too impressed with

RB - how did you get paid the 20 per head ? all in one sum for SC or from individual members

The key is the charity bit - if you made it clear to the sc that the excess was going to charity then it looks very bad

If it wasn't made clear than what they charge their members as far as you are concerned is irrelevant their members might not see it that was but you asked for a price and they paid it

Edited by Newryrep - 17 Oct 2016 at 5:58pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

RB - how did you get paid the 20 per head ? all in one sum for SC or from individual members

It came in one lump sum from this individual for the seats

Edited by ringerbell - 17 Oct 2016 at 5:58pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:28pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

It came in one lump sum from this individual for the seats

The key is the charity bit - if you made it clear to the sc that the excess was going to charity then it looks very bad

If it wasn't made clear than what they charge their members as far as you are concerned is irrelevant their members might not see it that way but you asked for a price and they paid it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:33pm
Issue has been cleared up with the people involved and we happy with the outcome.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:45pm
Well, that's the main thing.

I take back what I said.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:53pm

Issue has been cleared up with the people involved and we happy with the outcome.

So what was your payoff you crook!!

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:41pm
If you had asked for €25 a head and they charged €30 it would still probably be a problem . You got the amount requested so you can't complain . What if we say 10 lads went and put the 5er in for a round of drinks would it be an issue ? It seems the issue is more the fact it was a supports club . I'm not a fan of them but can't see a whole lot wrong . Also they have stepped up to the plate and sorted it out prob out of fear and being hounded on here
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:52pm
Maybe you cant read bulldog but this has been resolved to the satisfaction of the lads who ran the bus, and apologies have been forthcoming from posters who voiced their concern, which is a very good trait on here pity certain other factions of our support could not hold their hands up when they make a balls up
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:28pm
Better being hounded on here than being bombarded with pm's on Facebook butch. The matter has been sorted by both sides on here .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Better being hounded on here than being bombarded with pm's on Facebook butch. The matter has been sorted by both sides on here .

Good to hear . What I was pointing out was that any situation rising now will see all SC's guilty until proven innocent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 61626364>
  Share Topic