You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moldova - 9th October 2016 - Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 64>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Wouldnt be enough to keep you in Belgrade five nights, I'd go somewhere else first for a night or two.

Taking two and a half weeks to travel the balkans myself

5 nights too much Nvidic ? bearing in mind 1 is match night and the other the night before so only really 3 for touristy things

There's not much to it really, maybe the serb lads will say different

Bringing the gf to it and put aside four nights with two being match ones, two and a half days more Than enough time to see everything

Edited by nvidic - 27 Jul 2015 at 5:55pm
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

No direct flights later on in the year it seems

Air Moldova timetable didn't run past October when I was checking it earlier
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:57pm
They just haven't updated the timetable yet. And even if the timetable is only seasonal, like May to October, we play them in early October next year, not November, so if the timetable is similar next year, the flights will be running. It'll be grand.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:59pm

Wouldnt be enough to keep you in Belgrade five nights, I'd go somewhere else first for a night or two.

Taking two and a half weeks to travel the balkans myself

Oh I wouldn't stay 5 nights there.

It's always better to stay somewhere else to mix it up a bit, maybe a Croatian resort/Island or some other city for the first 2 nights.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:59pm
You don't need any special visa to enter do ya?
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

You do I'm fairly sure
Cathal Bourke
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

You do I'm fairly sure

Oh you don't actually apparently there's a list of 'visa free countries' for Moldova and Ireland's one of them
Cathal Bourke
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:07pm

You do I'm fairly sure

No visa requiredThumbs Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:15pm
Nope, no visa required.

You DO NOT need a visa for Transnistria either, although you may be asked to pay a bribe or two. However, the current president is completely anti-bribery and if you are steadfast, you may be able to avoid paying bribes there to the border guards and other officials in Transnistria. There's no actual requirement to pay fees for that sort of thing anyway.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:18pm
What is the train situation if you wanted a couple of days in Romania?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:19pm

Anybody reckon tickets will be an issue? 10,500 is only around a 1,000 allocation, if even

More chance of Ireland getting a man on the moon than anyone not getting a ticket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfz9O_mSY1U
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What is the train situation if you wanted a couple of days in Romania?

I'm assuming you wanted to do it after the game. There isn't a direct train from Chisinau to Bucharest until Tuesday evening, arriving Wednesday morning. However, there are a few trains each day from Chisinau to Ungheni on the border, with infrequent cross border local trains on from there to Romania. I'm not sure how much there is to do in the northern part of Romania, admittedly.

Your best bet is to take the morning train from Chisinau to Ungheni (runs at 08:37 it seems, arriving 11:46), then probably a taxi to Iasi, then the train from there on to Bucharest (there should be a 14:16 direct train to Bucharest daily, arriving 21:25). It's about 50 km by road across the border from Ungheni station to Iasi station but there aren't really frequent trains from Ungheni to Iasi, unfortunately, and it should take about an hour in a taxi taking a roundabout route. I can't imagine it would be that expensive for a taxi to the border crossing and then another one on to Iasi. There are only two trains a day from Ungheni to Iasi on the days the direct Chisinau - Bucharest train isn't running, afaik, one in the morning and one in the evening, at times that don't really suit if you're coming from Chisinau. There are eight or nine trains a day from Iasi to Bucharest, including a couple of night trains, so you should be okay once you get that far.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:47pm
Bit of a pain in the hoop then really!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:47pm
It's time to price a bus I reckon.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Seems wizzair fly to chisinau for several airports in Italy which be another option for this. Know everyone likes the direct routes especially on the way home but know for me to be able to do this 1 I'm going to be on tight enough budget so realistically will be looking at long stopovers etc to get the cheapest route possible

Wizzair fly from London Luton also, around €160 return is the cheapest I have seen for the next year.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by San Fran San Fran wrote:

Whats this trans whatever its called place about?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Bit of a pain in the hoop then really!

Yeah. I suppose you could take a day or two around Chisinau and Transnistria (around an hour on a bus from Chisinau to Tiraspol) on Monday and Tuesday and then take the overnight train to Bucharest. The train to Bucharest leaves at 16:35 on Tuesday and you should pass all border formalities by ten pm. It's certainly preferable to coming the other way, when the majority of the border stuff (including the bogie changing) occurs between 3am and 6am. You'd be in Bucharest on Wednesday morning at 06:15, though, which might be a taste early. If you have the time and want to visit Romania as well, with minimal hassle, that's probably the handiest way.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:06pm
Definitely doing this one. Tarom offer a connection through Bucharest from here, good enough for me!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 64>
  Share Topic