You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moldova - 9th October 2016 - Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 64>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:48pm
Worst thing about three aways in the months after Euro 2016 is knowing that if we qualify for France, I'll hardly be able to afford to go to each of them.
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Worst thing about three aways in the months after Euro 2016 is knowing that if we qualify for France, I'll hardly be able to afford to go to each of them.

Would be a good problem to have surely rather than being able to afford all three because we haven't qualified for France
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:51pm
Oh absolutely, but it's still irksome.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:56pm
Seems wizzair fly to chisinau for several airports in Italy which be another option for this. Know everyone likes the direct routes especially on the way home but know for me to be able to do this 1 I'm going to be on tight enough budget so realistically will be looking at long stopovers etc to get the cheapest route possible
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 4:00pm
The Monday evening direct is likely to be the best option, though. There aren't going to be that many of us in all likelihood. Even on a tight budget, it's worth an extra €50 to take the direct.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 4:07pm
Transnistria is a fake state. But like Kosovo. Strangely our government recognises one but not the other. I don't recognise either.

Odessa in Ukraine is less than 5 hours from Chisinau by train with no changes. Kiev is 14 hours away, longer if travelling direct. Both of them are as useful as going to Bucharest. Bucharest is a nice city, and it's parliament is famous for being among the biggest buildings in the world.

Wouldn't advise on a micro short trip to Chisinau though. It's no sprawling metropolis but we rarely get the chance to go,
so give it a few days at least.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 4:19pm
Definitely aiming to go to this. Capacity of 10,500 is pretty small though.
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 4:20pm
With the close proximity to Serbia game i can't see tickets been an issue
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 4:20pm
Super Dave I know you love your train journeys was thinking of doing this from Bucharest night train what are best timetables for this
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Super Dave I know you love your train journeys was thinking of doing this from Bucharest night train what are best timetables for this

The train only runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday from Bucharest to Chisinau. It's not overly expensive, only about €30 in second class in a four berth compartment, or €60 in a two berth compartment. It leaves at 19:35 from Bucharest and arrives at 08:54 the next morning.

Going back, it leaves Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, at 16:35, arriving at 05:50. Ryanair fly Bucharest to Dublin on Wednesday afternoons, so if you fancy a few days around Chisinau and Transnistria, you could do that.
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:24pm
The one trip i wanna do most but to try get the lads onboard, they prefera Austria. Whats this tranasitria everybody is talking about?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:29pm
If there's any trip you should earmark to go to/prioritise it's the more obscure places like Moldova.

Would love to have went to Armenia, Kazakhstan and loved Georgia. Moldova was one of my picks for this one and delighted we got them.

Belgrade and Chisanau   

Will definitely do 5 nights for each of these trips and try and squeeze 3 nights out of the Vienna trip.

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Jul 2015 at 5:30pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:31pm
Wouldnt be enough to keep you in Belgrade five nights, I'd go somewhere else first for a night or two.

Taking two and a half weeks to travel the balkans myself
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The train only runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday from Bucharest to Chisinau. It's not overly expensive, only about €30 in second class in a four berth compartment, or €60 in a two berth compartment. It leaves at 19:35 from Bucharest and arrives at 08:54 the next morning.

Going back, it leaves Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, at 16:35, arriving at 05:50. Ryanair fly Bucharest to Dublin on Wednesday afternoons, so if you fancy a few days around Chisinau and Transnistria, you could do that.

As always
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:35pm
Anybody reckon tickets will be an issue? 10,500 is only around a 1,000 allocation, if even
Cathal Bourke
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Anybody reckon tickets will be an issue? 10,500 is only around a 1,000 allocation, if even

More chance of Ireland getting a man on the moon than anyone not getting a ticket
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Wouldnt be enough to keep you in Belgrade five nights, I'd go somewhere else first for a night or two.

Taking two and a half weeks to travel the balkans myself

5 nights too much Nvidic ? bearing in mind 1 is match night and the other the night before so only really 3 for touristy things
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 5:49pm
No direct flights later on in the year it seems
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 64>
  Share Topic