You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moldova - 9th October 2016 - Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 64>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moldova - 9th October 2016 - Travel & Acomm
    Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 1:31pm
Any brothers thinking of doing this trip? It seems this is the one I'll do. 
Sponsored Links

El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 1:37pm
Will definitely be doing this.  One've the few countries in Europe i have yet to visit.

Stadium capacity is 10,500 and they seem to have pretty much a full house for the majority of games.  Did a quick search on flights form London for Oct this year and they are going out at an average of about £200.

Will do Thurs - Monday i'd say.
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Will definitely be doing this.  One've the few countries in Europe i have yet to visit.

Stadium capacity is 10,500 and they seem to have pretty much a full house for the majority of games.  Did a quick search on flights form London for Oct this year and they are going out at an average of about £200.

Will do Thurs - Monday i'd say.

Wed to Mon is what we're looking at. Turkish Airlines fly there so a Wed night in Istanbul and then on to Chisinau the next day. It's working out at around €340 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:08pm
Seriously considering this one also - Direct flights from London with Wizz air and Air Moldova which helps.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:09pm
Will be doing it alright. Our standard 3 night job. The only away game in the group I'll consider missing is Georgia. Tbilisi is a great spot but the flights are expensive and the flight times are terrible. Of course by the time it comes around I won't have had an Ireland trip in about 10 months so I may feel differently then.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:11pm

We have Georgia at home on the Thursday before.  Worth bearing in mind before booking longer trips. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

We have Georgia at home on the Thursday before.  Worth bearing in mind before booking longer trips. 

Would be perfect if Air Moldova flew direct from Dublin on Thursday nights as the direct flights leave Dublin at 00:30. Only seem to fly on Tuesday and Friday nights though.

Straight from Lansdowne to Chisnau
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:28pm
Will be booking this and try and get a run to Transnistria as well. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Would be perfect if Air Moldova flew direct from Dublin on Thursday nights as the direct flights leave Dublin at 00:30. Only seem to fly on Tuesday and Friday nights though.

Straight from Lansdowne to Chisnau

Hopefully they still in business next year be handy flying direct from Dublin

Been looking into it can fly to Bucharest with Ryanair and get connecting flight to chisnau. Munich and frankfurt other places can get connecting flights from
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:41pm
Turkish airlines via Istanbul are reasonable. Only 1h25m layovers, protected transfers, daily flights, only two flights each way and about €350 return.

Air Moldova might be cheaper, admittedly, and Bucharest is definitely an option on Friday if you can get a way from there to Chisinau (the Friday night train is an option).
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:44pm
Transnitria for me too I reckon, will spend a day out there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:45pm
Air Moldova is going to be about €300 return for the direct flights, minimum, plus the flight out is a horrible overnight yoke. The one back is handy, admittedly, so Turkish out and the direct flight back could be an option, albeit it arrives into Dublin at midnight.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Moldova is my deffo for next year, a day trip to Transnitria is almost obligatory.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 2:59pm
Blue Air fly from Dublin to Bacau in Romania which is close to Moldovan border. I've booked flights for some Romanian friends of mine who come from that area with them before so might be another option. The flight was always around midnight so time not great but maybe it will change by the time the match is on.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Moldova is my deffo for next year, a day trip to Transnitria is almost obligatory.

If you are in Transnistria for over ten hours, you have to register with the authorities. I reckon a nine and a half hour day trip on the day before the match would suit just fine.

I've just found out, though, that there is no Friday night flight from Istanbul to Chisinau so getting there on the Friday could be a little tricky without taking the overnight direct.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:02pm
Actually those flights to Bacau could be perfect. They fly out on Friday mornings at just after midnight, so provided their schedule doesn't change, they'd be ideal.
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:03pm
yep, definitely going to Moldova.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 3:32pm
Top of my list for sure . and like Brianie said just have to wait to see if we go to France first before booking anything .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 64>
  Share Topic