You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moderating Posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 5:14am
Put it to 20 posts Count
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

TrapIntermediat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrapIntermediat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Some of my posts need to be moderated and some dont????

Pain in the hole reallym would put ye off coming on here!!

ive had the same problem bai. i dont really post much anymore cause it takes so long for them to be approved

MaradonaSeven View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaradonaSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 4:57pm
Couldn't agree more lads. It needs to be lowered to encourage new members like myself. Hard to see any point in posting when it is going to go unnoticed.
Anto View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 6:32pm
Is it 20 or 50 now? It's a serious pain in the hole.
James Kelly View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 3:35am
Could someone tell me is there any moderators I could pm when I post? 
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by James Kelly James Kelly wrote:

Could someone tell me is there any moderators I could pm when I post? 

mcg
honeymonster
gaz
trap junior
q man
TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 5:42pm
It used to be 100? Fook that, I was gettin' pissy about it and when I joined it was only 20. It's a pain when you begin but I can understand why it's there.
GaryDonkerty View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryDonkerty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 4:44pm

Why is it there though? 

If it's to stop multiple accounts or spammers then just moderate the first post and check their ip Geek

It's a bit of a pain in the bollocks as it is and encourages either loads of pointless posts of single smilies etc from new members or just stops them posting all together.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by GaryDonkerty GaryDonkerty wrote:

Why is it there though? 

If it's to stop multiple accounts or spammers then just moderate the first post and check their ip Geek

It's a bit of a pain in the bollocks as it is and encourages either loads of pointless posts of single smilies etc from new members or just stops them posting all together.

20 posts donkerty, automatic spammers can post 15 posts + in 1 hour so would be a disaster for everyone else
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:11pm
In that case Count - a warning would be nice for newly registered users. I'd to PM you to find out when it would be lifted for myself. It was properly headwrecking because I was trying to sort out tickets for the SS to the Scotland game and am new to the whole supporting the National side thing.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:12pm
Count, raise it to 250 posts for a trial period to keep these shams in check
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by TangyZizzle TangyZizzle wrote:

In that case Count - a warning would be nice for newly registered users. I'd to PM you to find out when it would be lifted for myself. It was properly headwrecking because I was trying to sort out tickets for the SS to the Scotland game and am new to the whole supporting the National side thing.

Point 8 added now Tangyzizzle Thumbs Up

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6880&title=welcome-to-ybigie-forums-read-here

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:22pm
Moderating posts is all well and good if there are moderators available to approve the posts regularly but people have had to wait 7 and 8 hours in some instances and their post then is pointless.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Moderating posts is all well and good if there are moderators available to approve the posts regularly but people have had to wait 7 and 8 hours in some instances and their post then is pointless.

are you serious? ShockedShockedShocked ???

They should know their rights and get straight onto the local resident keyboard warrior Kerrzy who speaks up for all the hard done by and downtrodden souls here.  The mother Theresa of Ireland fans. Clap

Or maybe they could just make 20 posts. ClapClapClap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

are you serious? ShockedShockedShocked ???

They should know their rights and get straight onto the local resident keyboard warrior Kerrzy who speaks up for all the hard done by and downtrodden souls here.  The mother Theresa of Ireland fans. Clap

Or maybe they could just make 20 posts. ClapClapClap
Oooh the Count scores a consolationClap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Point 8 added now Tangyzizzle Thumbs Up

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6880&title=welcome-to-ybigie-forums-read-here

Nice one, mate. I read over that thread a few times before I PMed you that day. Didn't want to be the gimp that skimmed over the welcome yoke and missed an important point Smile
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Seriously Mark just stop Thumbs Down
Out of order
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic