You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MLS Thread (LA GALAXY as well)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 1:21am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Houston 1-0 up Thumbs Down

Pity it was scheduled to clash with the SEC Championship game. Could have scheduled it for 8pm East Coast / 5pm West Coast.

stupid timing alright
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:11pm
Lads, what happened with Donovan and Beckham?  Was watching some of the preview with Stevie Nicol, Coby Jones and 2 other punters and they were going on that about they didn't get on at all off the pitch and that Donovan came out with some newspaper article............any background MLS fans?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Lads, what happened with Donovan and Beckham?  Was watching some of the preview with Stevie Nicol, Coby Jones and 2 other punters and they were going on that about they didn't get on at all off the pitch and that Donovan came out with some newspaper article............any background MLS fans?

That actually rings a bell, not sure what it was about but remember hearing that.I think maybe with Beckham arriving, Donovan probably wouldnt be the main man there. i could be wrong on that as well ut its logical he might feel that way
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:38pm
Donovan had a cut at Beckham few years back for not caring about the team and not putting the effort in after he stayed at milan while mls was back on/in pre-season
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Donovan had a cut at Beckham few years back for not caring about the team and not putting the effort in after he stayed at milan while mls was back on/in pre-season

yup that was it , becks wasnt happy but landon stood his ground, and the fans had a nasty welcome for becks when he came back as well.

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:59pm
Thanks lads, I'll google it later........Thumbs Up
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 2:01pm
love the way robbie took the penalty. fcukin legend (for a dub) 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 2:05pm
this shows you how p1ssed off the galaxy fans were,

reder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by elroy45 elroy45 wrote:

Sometimes it feels like your watching football in slow motion.

The lack of pace to that game was weird. They reckon Frank Lampard might be moving over to replace Beckham.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 7:50pm
Yes, they were pissed off with him about three years ago..... but serious effort over the last few seasons (and two mls cups) saw them happy and chanting his name whenever he was subbed off at the end.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

this shows you how p1ssed off the galaxy fans were,

Good pic Milla , now I know where Kerrzy got the idea from Embarrassed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:40pm
Thought we had an MLS thread but cant find one and cant be arsed starting one.

But the reason for the post is anyone watching Chicago fire v NY red bulls? The fuking crowd have the most annoying band in the history of football playing the same sh*te over and over and over and over Thumbs DownAngry

Half decent game so far though Cahill just cruising through the game ffs

edit : I take that back about it being a decent match, the NY gk EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed   (Not Meara thankfully)

Edited by PhilliyK - 07 Apr 2013 at 10:58pm
KingLeo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingLeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 1:07am
To be fair they get some decent attendances and have some supporters groups who add to the atmosphere. 

Still though I dont think I can ever get over this lad. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 7:42pm
Just watching Galaxy v Dallas here and have to give them credit the galaxy lot (or the angel city brigade as I believe they're called) are doing a grand auld job of creating a great buzz in the match Thumbs Up

Some half decent ball played at times as well Thumbs Up And a big win in the play off picture for LA as well 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 11:14am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Just watching Galaxy v Dallas here and have to give them credit the galaxy lot (or the angel city brigade as I believe they're called) are doing a grand auld job of creating a great buzz in the match Thumbs Up

Some half decent ball played at times as well Thumbs Up And a big win in the play off picture for LA as well 

watched about a half hour of it , galaxy have excellent fans, the commentators called keane the best player in the league , he doesnt seem to have much of a rapport with his fellow players though , lots of flicks and 1-2's going astray , that zardes looked ok but he couldnt buy a goal

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 7:09pm
Keane is leading the assists table with 8 and has 7 goals so statistically you could argue they are correct in saying he is the 'best' player in the league(only know this as the commentators said the mls now have a stat for 'good chances' or something like that and I wanted to see it for the craic but couldnt find it Ouch)

But yeah he usually plays best when Landon Donavon is playing with him as the rest just arent on his wave length and a lot of that is down to their own limited talents imo

I like watching the mls as you can see a lot of the players are all well trained in the technical side of the game, always looking to control and pass a lot rather than hoof it and despite the obvious misplaced pass's and often bad control that you see in the games some of the games can be a good auld watch for entertainment value alone
Aang View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 7:50pm
Stop the press! L.A. Galaxy will be playing against Armenian Premier League side Shirak FC on February 15, 2014!!!

Clap LOL
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 10:10pm
Western Conference final tonight right now, LA Galaxy v Sounders

New England beat NYRB 1-2 earlier

Keane getting the big build up, is live on BT Sports 1 here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic