You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 6:20am
Gun found on site where the search for Trevor Deeley is taking place . Seems to be a decent lead with the information
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 8:50am
I've no idea of the size of area they are excavating but something tells me there should be some news on remains by now. 

You'd think a shallow grave, rushed job.  
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 8:58am
Asset Management staff do not handle cash.
He worked in IT.
He was 22.
He worked there for about a year and a half.
It is fairly outlandish to suggest he was involved in money laundering.
I hope none of his family or friends read the stuff on here.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 9:02am
Insane theory. People watching far too many Ozark and Breaking Bad etc.
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Gun found on site where the search for Trevor Deeley is taking place . Seems to be a decent lead with the information
only a matter of time now you would imagine
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:22am
Some of the posts in hereConfused

The only things we know are that the Gardai have a very credible source advising them with a location for the body, and they wouldn't come out and tell the public that they believe there was a crime gang or member involved without their been a very good reason. 

When the new picture was released a few months ago of the person (the gardai believe) was following Trevor, there was also a €100,000 reward on offer. So between these two, someone has come forward. Here's some speculation an ex crime member that's hard up for a few quid, or has a grudge.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 11:31am
Bob, it was actually reported that the person who came forward volunteered the info and didn't want the €100,000. It was a case of guilty conscience. That's why the Gardai were treating it as credible.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 12:48pm
I see Redladd. 

So I guess that means she's an alien brasser?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:03pm
Exactly!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:23pm
Alien brassers are of course only interested in bitcoin.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 1:49pm
The thread over at Boards.ie makes for interesting reading. Still, many crazy theories from amateur sleuths. 

One post lifted -

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime232322 View Post

Why is that daft speculation in relation to everything else on this thread? 

And the immediate shutting down of this line of thinking is weird, not to mention the fact your retort is illogical. This has always been a real possibility in my eyes, for the following reasons. And before someone jumps down my throat, I’m merely saying what I have always felt was a possibility, not countenancing it as fact;

Hypothetical situation;

Trever works in IT, right? In BOIAM. Fact. So, there is the distinct possibility he has stumbled upon a fiddle in this, and this is the land of the fiddle. Now, he may have mentioned it to one or two people in the job who he confided in. And they got scared, and wanted him to be either roughed up or scared, or basically, disappeared. Bear with me.

Trevor also strikes me an idealistic kid – he rang his friend to say, “had a great night really good”. This is the mark of a genuine guy, plenty more of us are ringing people for more drink at that point. 

Why do I say this? If he came across some fiddle he may have been idealistic, and wanting to uncover it, for the greater good. And is naive and young.

Moving to the video.

MIB1. So MIB 1 is on the phone just before Trevor arrives, after waiting for 30 mins in the rain, and hangs up just as he is there.
Hypothetical possible conversation from whoever made that call 

“Ok, he’s on his way, make sure you have the right guy, there’s a few of them on the way from the job”. Hangs up.

Presuming someone has already shown him a picture of Trevor, he hasn’t been able to see Trevor’s face as Trevor had the phone up to his face when he walked by, so the guy waits a few seconds, and goes down the lane he seems to know Trevor is about to go down, after he realised Trevor is standing ten yards away, still on the phone.

MIB1 then makes a fairly apparent look straight into Trevor’s face. Does he then move off to view it from afar

Hypothetical thought – "ok this is the lad."

Now, the other colleagues arrive, to get a bag, while Trevor is in on his emails (which has always struck me as suspect – he’s not in sales, he’s a IT drone, so after racking my brain I just can’t see a reason why he does this unless it’s something important”.

Questions – 

Why were Trevor’s work people so close behind and not with him (of course, there could be nothing in it, stragglers late at night etc.)
Why is this such an outlandish theory? 

He’s in IT, and people kill when money is at stake. How many fiddles have we seen come to light in banks in the past 20 years. How many bent cops (I’m not saying the cops now are bent in any way, or were then, but look, this force hasn’t basked itself in glory in terms of reputation in several apparently intentionally bungled operations, so there's a possibility someone was involved in making an arse of this investigation. 

Then again they could have just been bad investigators.

Why was MIB2 footage sped up so we can’t see how they walk??? Surely one of the primary ways of spotting someone in that quality footage is by their gait (I know I could spot 90% of my friends by their walk and nothing else)

Ultimate point – 

For me, the phone call that MIB1 receives is key here, along with the fact that Trevor’s face wasn’t visible. 

Along with the fact that taxi strike or not, it’s bizarre they are going back for Umbrellas or for bags – I, nor anyone I know, would ever do this with a skin-full of drink in them, you’d just walk home, plus it’s not raining out that bad.

What was in that bag the guys stopped for? That was so important they couldn’t wait three or four hours in work the next morning. Of course, maybe it had booze in it, or whatever, but the question needs asking.

The umbrella stop-off for me is a sign Trevor was using it as an excuse to go into work to do something.Ever seen the firm? How many times did Tom cruise sneak into the office using another excuse. 

Similarly, and again, no insinuation, why would those lads be stopping by for a bag at 330, coming to work the next day?

Very little of this is logical, and while I’m sure the usual black and white folk will be out saying I watch too much movies, these are real possibilities, and I would question the motives of anyone shutting them down, bar the usual folk who thing that anything other than black and white is impossible.
Ive got people in my team in asset management with 5 years experience who wouldnt be able to identify fraudulent activity if it was left on their desks. Sensitive data like that isnt shared; if it was it would still need to be interpreted. The idea that a desktop support worker could interpret it is ludicrous
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I've no idea of the size of area they are excavating but something tells me there should be some news on remains by now. 

You'd think a shallow grave, rushed job.  

I think a shallow grave would have given something away in the past 17 years with rain etc.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm

The thread over at Boards.ie makes for interesting reading. Still, many crazy theories from amateur sleuths. 

One post lifted -

Why have you posted up that drivel? 

There'a million diffrent theories, when you have f**k all evidence.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

One post lifted -

Why have you posted up that drivel? 

There'a million diffrent theories, when you have f**k all evidence.

My sincerest apologies moany hole. Just ignore and move on. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 3:55pm
Thumbs Up
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:16pm
The latest info, according to the Irish Times that it was a chance encounter and he was shot

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 4:18pm
20 years today since his disappearance.

The Journal stated that the dig in Chapelizod took place in 2017, i was sure they were wrong as it felt like only last year. Then i searched for this thread to see that it was 2017 - fock sakes.... time flies.
AS YOU WERE McGx

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 5:26pm

20 years today since his disappearance.

The Journal stated that the dig in Chapelizod took place in 2017, i was sure they were wrong as it felt like only last year. Then i searched for this thread to see that it was 2017 - fock sakes.... time flies.
f**k...I would have thought the same
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic