You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Bainneban Bainneban wrote:

Crawford said Odubeko wasn't responding to attempts to contact him to ascertain his intentions. Odubeko is now suggesting he's always been in regular contact with Crawford.

One of them is being dishonest.

Hence "ambiguity".

[/QUOTE]

"that he’s in regular contact with U-21 boss Crawford."

I think you misread the article. The above isn't a past tense, its a present continuous. So I don't see the dishonesty in what he said but rather the way you are incorrectly interpreting it I think?
[/QUOTE]

Is it still dishonest seeing as he's completely skipped over the fact he ignored communications from the FAI and his U-21 manager without explaining his motivations for doing so?

Fine. He's not ignoring his phonecalls any longer because his experiences at club level over the last twelve months have chastened him.

He scores a PL goal on the opening day of next season and it'll be back to the excuses.

I'd appreciate it if these lads would just be genuine when they're explaining these things. 

We all know there are players playing for us who wouldn't be if they were good enough to play for someone else. Cyrus Christie said something to this effect when he declared and I actually admired it more than I did the inverse.

Just own it and don't patronise me.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 Mar 2022 at 2:39pm
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 9:11pm
Scored his first goal for Doncaster today. Delighted for him nice that as you don't want a lad ending a loan without a goal. Seems to be a character building loan but at his age the minutes will be huge for his development.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:05pm
Good for him. Similarly difficult loan to Parrott last season. Hopefully Brighton send Ferguson on a difficult loan next year, like they should have done with Connolly (& Norwich should have done with Idah).
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Good for him. Similarly difficult loan to Parrott last season. Hopefully Brighton send Ferguson on a difficult loan next year, like they should have done with Connolly (& Norwich should have done with Idah).

Connolly, yes. Idah seemed to be ready before injury struck. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Connolly, yes. Idah seemed to be ready before injury struck. 

Idah was finally getting a run of starts (at the age of 21), that's why he was all of a sudden looking better. He clearly hasn't been fully ready for Ireland in most of his games.

Had he been out on loan (even a tough loan like Parrott) the last couple of seasons, getting regular starts, that improvement probably would have happened sooner.
 Farke keeping him at Norwich but not starting him slowed down his development.

As for Connolly, he really wasn't fully ready to play in the Prem. Brighton should have stuck to their original plan of sending him on loan, but I think those 2 goals vs Spurs made him seem a little too important to do that, unfortunately, & in the long run it's actually held him back.

Edited by Greenie50 - 15 Apr 2022 at 11:46pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 4:39pm
Mipo on the score sheet again. Lovely finish by the sounds of it.

https://twitter.com/LewisCox_star/status/1516073506123001870
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 5:33pm
Got himself an assist for the 95min equaliser too. Looks like he's coming into his own now!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 5:38pm
Has come too late for him and Doncaster as they would need to overturn a 17 goal deficit in the next two games to avoid relegation.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 1:12pm
https://www.the42.ie/mipo-odubeko-robbie-keane-5783501-Jun2022/

Some good insights into Mipo here, who I've rarely heard say anything before.
Mentions he was not in the squads before as fallout for how he felt getting left out of the 17s, which was speculated upon at the time (as opposed to some guff about wanting to play for England, for which there was never any foundation).

Big season coming up for him after he got his feet wet in men's football, and had to struggle to get games and goals.
I kinda see him as being a season behind Parrott, but a lot can change and his next move will hopefully see him start to make a name for himself.

Note that he's eligible for the next 21's campaign, so that #9 role is betwen himself and Ferguson for that.  Shame to leave either out but not sure either can play as effectively as a wide-man.
Anyway, that's all talk for another year!

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 1:24pm
He's hardly going to say that yeah, he's playing for us because he scored 2 goals in about 30 games last season, has looked largely out of his depth for club and country, and he's clearly too sh*te to play for England, is he?

How many squads did Robbie pull out of because he felt he had a divine right to be starting games?

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 06 Jun 2022 at 1:28pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 5:02pm
The fact is if he'd have made an impression at West Ham he'd have held off with Ireland and wouldn't be in this squad now.......funnily enough a bit like Okoflex who has made a bit of an impression at West Ham and is not in this squad now

Edited by gazurtoids - 06 Jun 2022 at 5:03pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

The fact is if he'd have made an impression at West Ham he'd have held off with Ireland and wouldn't be in this squad now.......funnily enough a bit like Okoflex who has made a bit of an impression at West Ham and is not in this squad now

Okoflex was in recent squads, he simply hasn't been picked for this. Let's keep the conspiracy theories coming though.
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 5:07pm
Okoflex has made less of an impression at West Ham than Odubeko did last term. Okoflex has made the bench a few times, but Odubeko was resident there until the end of last term.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Or there's zero connection between these events, but some folks like to make the simple connection as that's neat and tidy.
patrickharmon02 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickharmon02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2022 at 4:27pm

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:23pm
Joins Port Vale on a season long loan.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:39pm
I think he could do quite well there. Seemed to be finding his feet in senior football towards the end of his Doncaster loan after a bad start but Doncaster were terrible last season which didn't help. Going off their early results this season Port Vale look a better team.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:44pm
And play with a front two rather than lone CF which Doncaster used or mainly used I believe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 32>
  Share Topic