You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:57pm
Wikipedia shows 10 forwards in their current squad. 2 playing in Nigeria, 1 Nantes, 1 Lorient, 1 Crotone, 1 Slavia Prague, 1 Genk. I'm sure if he kicked on he wouldn't be miles away from their squad. I would imagine he'd back himself to reach that level.

Hopefully he just wants to play for the country in which he was born and bred. 
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 11:29am
It's absurd to pin Odubeko's absence on the FAI or management team. He's been called up several times and refused to even communicate with Crawford. There was an article a few months back where Crawford said he tried to contact him but was denied access and fobbed off to intermediaries.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It's absurd to pin Odubeko's absence on the FAI or management team. He's been called up several times and refused to even communicate with Crawford. There was an article a few months back where Crawford said he tried to contact him but was denied access and fobbed off to intermediaries.
Totally agree. All Mipo has to do is pick up the phone to Crawford and say  
"Hi Jim, Mipo here, I'm available for selection and would love to be part of your next squad if selected. Thanks."
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:05pm
Young footballers, like everyone, can say and do things that are seen as immature, nonsensical and based on zero logic.

We've all been there so unfair to judge footballers differently and hold it over his head.

I'm not convinced that mipo will join the irish setup again so won't be holding out but if he does then great.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Young footballers, like everyone, can say and do things that are seen as immature, nonsensical and based on zero logic.

We've all been there so unfair to judge footballers differently and hold it over his head.

I'm not convinced that mipo will join the irish setup again so won't be holding out but if he does then great.

It will be great if he turns out to be any use.

We've had 2 or 3 players light up underage level, but yet to live up to those heights at senior level.

I'll get excited if and when the time comes to get excited. He's just another youth player with huge potential as things stand. No more, no less.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:58pm
Cut the deadwood early. If he has no interest now while he waits for a better option cut him loose and don't ask him again. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:05pm
Time to move this thread to ROW according to the latest reports.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Time to move this thread to ROW according to the latest reports.

Is it England this lad is hoping to play for? 

I think we might lose players going forward by agents pointing out the success of Declan rice. I’m sure rice is thinking if he didn’t take a gamble on England, he’d have been playing with a very poor Ireland squad, instead of playing in a euros final in Wembley. Class call I’m sure he’s thinking.

This lad has no Irish blood, moved to England as a kid, so are we surprised there’s no loyalty to Ireland on this one?

Haven’t seen him bar against United where he looked complete muck anyway

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:30pm
Really not bothered about him. Hope he has a good career but we have other players who are worth celebrating.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:31pm
If this fella turns out to be a world beater then theres not much we can do as he clearly wants to play for a higher profile country. 
However, this should be a two way gamble. Theres a decent chance his career trajectory wont be as quick as he likes and he may want the boost of an international call up. In that case, I wouldnt be too quick to select him.

El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 10:46pm
Wouldn't be wasting any more time on him. It seems like his agent is very much in his ear about it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:16pm
I think if he were to clarify that he's interested in playing for Nigeria instead of Ireland, I think the overwhelming majority of Irish fans would wish him well. Such a weird situation
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:31pm
Hasnt done anything in the game so far, not bothered as going by his recent performances for WH in recent friendlys he wont be doing anything in the game any time soon.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Hasnt done anything in the game so far, not bothered as going by his recent performances for WH in recent friendlys he wont be doing anything in the game any time soon.

To be fair there's only a tiny percentage of teenagers that do well, it mightnbe another 4 or 5 years before he delivers on his potential, if at all.

I'd say forgot about him, we have players of equal potential that are sure they want to wear green.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:12pm
Rice and Grealish were English kids who qualified to wear the green through Irish grandparents. They jumped ship at the prospect of playing for England. Normally you would not expect that of a player born in Ireland but it's maybe different for boys like Odubeko, Okoflex, Obafemi, Afolabi, Sotona etc who spent relatively brief time here and have considered other options. Money rather than patriotism is the name of the game and there will inevitably be defections. If Odubeko turns out to be any good, forget about him, his weasel of an agent and the toxic twosome who run West Ham will ensure that he follows in Rice's trajectory.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 4:48pm
This is something that we really already knew? It’s just all a bit strange and the agent is really making an arse of things he could play for either us or Nigeria underage with the same mindset leave all options open and they not a word about it. Personally my own opinion is he won’t play for us but it is what it is would be nice to have him on board if he declared. 

He struggled a bit in pre season by all accounts a bit like Troy Parrott he might need a season struggling as a boy in a mans sport in League 1/2 to just bring him on. Definitely a player there.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 5:09pm
Confident he’ll play for us

Won’t be good enough for England anyway 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:30pm
I would agree. He'll play for us, but only because he won't be good enough for either of the other two teams he qualifies for.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 32>
  Share Topic