You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 5:41pm
Ont bench
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Ont bench

Coventry on the bench too!!! That is good news 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:02pm
say what you want about U23s football but his 3rd goal last night was an elite finish.

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

say what you want about U23s football but his 3rd goal last night was an elite finish.

Troy Parrott scored plenty of elite finishes in the 12 months prior to Millwall.

Once again let's not fall into the trap that we have done and wait until he's actually playing higher level football before we draw conclusions.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Troy Parrott scored plenty of elite finishes in the 12 months prior to Millwall.

Once again let's not fall into the trap that we have done and wait until he's actually playing higher level football before we draw conclusions.

Yeah, I wouldn’t get too excited about either or write either off.
Seen enough players to know you never know which will make it.

That said, the nature of that strike — low, hard, inside the corner, through players — you don’t see many players who can pick a spot like that. He’s done it more than once too
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn’t get too excited about either or write either off.
Seen enough players to know you never know which will make it.

That said, the nature of that strike — low, hard, inside the corner, through players — you don’t see many players who can pick a spot like that. He’s done it more than once too

I'm with you there.

On the back of parrots performance away to Sweden especially that second goal he scored where he chipped it to over the goalkeeper. At that point I was all in regarding what we had on our hands, yet here we are now. 

The last 2 years have definitely muted any hype for youth that we have coming through the system.

It'll probably be somebody going under the hype radar, someone akin to Anthony Scully or similar who will end up actually being our stalwart up front. 

Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Look at the club this lad is at! If they could convince Rice who played from underage to seniors for us to switch to England then I'm pretty sure they'll try it here too. If the U21's are playing in March expect to hear "carrying a knock/injury" or "concentrating on making the first team/season" if he's unsure of who he wants to represent. If he was to choose Nigeria then fair enough because his folks and heritage are Nigerian and he'd be pretty proud of that I'm guessing
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:07pm
Out of curiosity, odubeko has played as far as our u17s, if he gets his British passport and plays for England's u21 say. Does that count as his one change under the new rules (I believe the two u17 games were only 2 friendlies against Finland)

Or does that mean he can try his luck with England from now and change before playing in a competitive game?

Edited by Left foot - 12 Apr 2021 at 8:08pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:24pm
I'm honestly not 100% sure. But as far as I know he has never played a competitive underage game for Ireland, so he wouldn't be switching as such if he went with the Brits. Which would mean he could switch back in future once he gets some sense.

Would be a similar situation to Louie Barry I think. He played non competitively for England, then for us, then back to England again. Didn't seem to cause an issue for him. It only seems to count if it's competitive international games and Odubeko hasn't played any.

Edited by You Tell Me - 12 Apr 2021 at 8:25pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:29pm
Yeah, as far as I know, it's one switch after competitive games.
So in that case, Mipo hasn't played yet for anyone.

But in reality, should he try his hand at England, get a few underage caps (or even a senior cap or two) and then vanish, would he really come back to Ireland after the 3-year enforced hiatus?
In this scenario, he'd more likely head to Nigeria.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 6:35pm
Scores another couple of goals for the u23s.

I fully appreciate the the u23s mean very little in terms of actual senior football but it's still not too bad going for an 18 year old. 

Would be good if he stuck with us.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IISMU-36tUY

Need to forget about calling him up to the under-21s and put him directly into the senior team.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:08pm
Just in terms of comparison, Odubeko's goals to games ratio at PL2 level stands up well against his Irish counterparts so far.

Odubeko 9 goals in 7 games
Parrott 5 goals in 12 games
Idah 14 goals in 32 games
Obafemi 8 goals in 21 games
Connolly 25 goals in 35 games

He has already scored more than both Parrott and Obafemi at this level despite playing considerably fewer games.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:19pm
The lad is a talent and knows where the net is. Hope he sticks with us for sure but reading between the lines I worry he won’t. 

The one thing I do note is Kenny at Sligo, Evan Ferguson at Brighton,Calum Kavanagh at Middlesbrough Kevin Zefi going to Inter. Seems plenty of our more talented 03 and 04 born players are attackers also. 

Hopefully in the next 4/5 years between the 5 young attackers who have played for PL clubs as teenagers in the last year or so and those mentioned above one or two of these lads kick on and develop into decent attackers who can find the net.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Just in terms of comparison, Odubeko's goals to games ratio at PL2 level stands up well against his Irish counterparts so far.

Odubeko 9 goals in 7 games
Parrott 5 goals in 12 games
Idah 14 goals in 32 games
Obafemi 8 goals in 21 games
Connolly 25 goals in 35 games

He has already scored more than both Parrott and Obafemi at this level despite playing considerably fewer games.

Good analysis even though u23 teams change from game to game dramatically by there very nature. Connollys 25 goals is pretty good.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 1:01am
Sick of being burnt by the young guns. When he starts banging goals in at senior level I'll getting excited. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 9:40am
Another goal yesterday for Odubeko.

He needs to be brought into the senior team at the next available opportunity and blooded. It's clear that this lad is going to have a huge future, perhaps even greater than Parrott. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Another goal yesterday for Odubeko.

He needs to be brought into the senior team at the next available opportunity and blooded. It's clear that this lad is going to have a huge future, perhaps even greater than Parrott. 

West Ham already blooded him and he was awful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 32>
  Share Topic