Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Millwall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:45am
Never at Millwall.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Any hassle for being a Paddy?
Paddy's alri' !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
George Zip View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Complete sell out alright.

Millwall v Leeds is always a good fixture and a decent atmosphere. Their lot were a bit downbeat last few years but Bielsa has cheered them up and given them new belief. Had a quick look on Waccoe site and some of them think they have the league won already. 

We have burst the Leeds bubble many a time over the last 10 years, lets hope for a repeat on Saturday

Get down the blue market PM. Quaint Spot. Not many places like that left in inner London these days. A throwback and rough as f**k.

Any hassle for being a Paddy?

A cousin of mine used to go to a lot of Millwall games in the 80s and early 90s, him and a lot of his mates are either 2nd or 3rd generation Irish. Obviously you can’t account for all their fans due to the hoolie/Loyalist link.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:13pm
Chelsea or West Ham if you want to be abused for being Irish.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Never knew that about West Ham, obviously know about the Chelsea / Huns love in.
"Tell them to get out there and give it all they got and win just one for the Zipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Doc," he said, "but I won't smell too good, that's for sure."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:26pm

Few of my mates on a bus once taking West Ham fans from Coventry match to the station.

They were singing anti-Irish songs.
One of the lads had a St. Pats jacket on him.
None of them copped him.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:30pm
Haha saw a fella with a tiocfaidh ar la tattoo at the Middlesbrough game. Braver man then me. He had a Limerick accent and was pals with a lot of our lairier looking lot. I am guessing he can look after himself. Nutter. Never had any issue at all

I am sure a good few Millwall go up to see the huns due to Blue Glasgow parents, loyalist love in, ex squaddies etc. Seen a few more Millwall/Rangers flags this year than previously. There are also a smaller group who would follow Celtic regularly due to parents etc but the vast majority hate the second team stuff.

Glasweigans blue and green living South East tend to love going to Millwall.  

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:32pm

I’ve never encountered it at West Ham.

Chelsea might be a different story.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

Never knew that about West Ham, obviously know about the Chelsea / Huns love in.
In fairness to West Ham, they hate everybody who doesn't have a parent or grandparent born in the East End and are white and follow West Ham.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:37pm

Originally posted by George Zip George Zip wrote:

In fairness to West Ham, they hate everybody who doesn't have a parent or grandparent born in the East End and are white and follow West Ham.
Or like you say PM , White , 150 kg , bold and swear a lot when eating pies .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:45pm
To be fair to West Ham and older london dwellers may correct me, there are far less Irish living in the East End/East London than in areas like Deptford/Lewisham/New Cross/Kilburn/Neasden/Cricklewood etc. 

By nature there would be less London Irish and Irish following them as a result.

In terms of anti irish songs - what are we talking about here? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:51pm
I think you’d be surprised. WHU have a decent sized following and I believe there are a number of supporters Clubs in Ireland that make a regular journey.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 12:57pm

Haha saw a fella with a tiocfaidh ar la tattoo at the Middlesbrough game. Braver man then me. He had a Limerick accent and was pals with a lot of our lairier looking lot. I am guessing he can look after himself. Nutter. Never had any issue at all

I am sure a good few Millwall go up to see the huns due to Blue Glasgow parents, loyalist love in, ex squaddies etc. Seen a few more Millwall/Rangers flags this year than previously. There are also a smaller group who would follow Celtic regularly due to parents etc but the vast majority hate the second team stuff.

Glasweigans blue and green living South East tend to love going to Millwall.  

Was in the new ground once, West Brom about 20 years ago. Would of loved to have experienced a game at Cold blow lane. Seen them lose in the playoffs final at Wembley a few years back, my mate follows Barnsley.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:29pm
Was in the Old Den as a 10 year old :)

My Tralee uncle lived local and brought me to see Millwall V Bristol City. A young Andy Cole was their star player. Cunningham and Big Mick keeping it real for Millwall. Think Mick was player manager that year. Absolute decrepit old dump.

Barnsley was a mad day. Their fans bleated about being chased and doing the 400 metre hurdles in the Wembley top tier after which was fair enough but they had plenty of lairy bullys out beforehand starting rows with people who had no interest in one. Nearly had my head taken clean off by a flying can of some bargain bin lager on Wembley Way. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think you’d be surprised. WHU have a decent sized following and I believe there are a number of supporters Clubs in Ireland that make a regular journey.
A fair few in Cork, due to the Dagenham/Ford connection.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Zip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm

Was in the Old Den as a 10 year old :)

My Tralee uncle lived local and brought me to see Millwall V Bristol City. A young Andy Cole was their star player. Cunningham and Big Mick keeping it real for Millwall. Think Mick was player manager that year. Absolute decrepit old dump.

Barnsley was a mad day. Their fans bleated about being chased and doing the 400 metre hurdles in the Wembley top tier after which was fair enough but they had plenty of lairy bullys out beforehand starting rows with people who had no interest in one. Nearly had my head taken clean off by a flying can of some bargain bin lager on Wembley Way. 

We got the tube out to Wembley and grabbed a taxi after it straight out to the airport.
The only trouble we seen all day was in the upper tiers at Wembley.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 6:51am

A man was slashed across the face during a mass brawl before Millwall and Everton's FA Cup fourth round clash.

The Metropolitan Police said it believed the violence involved groups of rival fans.

A crime scene remains in place. There have been no arrests.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

A man was slashed across the face during a mass brawl before Millwall and Everton's FA Cup fourth round clash.

The Metropolitan Police said it believed the violence involved groups of rival fans.

A crime scene remains in place. There have been no arrests.

video doing the rounds on whatsapp of a dust up filmed from a balcony. Cops were pathetice, everyone will be shocked to hear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic