Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micks first eleven.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 58>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Hooped01 Hooped01 wrote:

Mick should tell Bamford to forget about playing for Ireland as his desire to sit tight is an insult to the lads who want to play and turn up. A clear message needs to be sent out to dual nationality players that we will not be their fall back option. These lads attitudes are an insult to the irish football community and I for one don't want them near the national team.

To be honest from Mick's manner and tone of it, I think Bamford falls into same category as Hogan that he wants to play for us, but just wants to get his club game back up and running.

Mick is an honest man I think if he had any doubts over Bamford he'd have already told him to do one.
You can motorboat but no whistling
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:52am

Remember when Jack was able to exile one of the best centre halves in England for three years when he didnt fancy an end of season friendly. Ah great days.  
I'm all for being pragmatic but I think a marker has to be set given the current embarrassing context of players turning us down. It's not club football. It's supposed to be an honor to be selected. 
El Puto Amo
Green rebel View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:21am
Gk RANDOLPH 
Rb Coleman
Cb DUFFY
Cb Egan
Lb Stevens
Rm DOHERTY
Cm.Arter
Lm.ODowda
Cam judge
St .Mcgoldrick
St. Long                             

Edited by Green rebel - 15 Mar 2019 at 10:25am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Mick should tell Bamford to forget about playing for Ireland as his desire to sit tight is an insult to the lads who want to play and turn up. A clear message needs to be sent out to dual nationality players that we will not be their fall back option. These lads attitudes are an insult to the irish football community and I for one don't want them near the national team.

To be honest from Mick's manner and tone of it, I think Bamford falls into same category as Hogan that he wants to play for us, but just wants to get his club game back up and running.

Mick is an honest man I think if he had any doubts over Bamford he'd have already told him to do one.

Who's the last English player to turn down a call up for club reasons? It seems quite amazing that it seems to occur only with potential English born Irish players.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Who's the last English player to turn down a call up for club reasons? It seems quite amazing that it seems to occur only with potential English born Irish players.

Tom Ince refused a call up for the U21's saying he wanted to settle at club level

Drinkwater done the same after his move to Chelsea though that was later (covered up) by saying he was injured
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:54am
David Bentley turned down a squad place in the England U21s as well
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on twitter and facebook
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:58am
I also think Jonjo Shelvey refused to an U21 call up after he had been called up to Seniors the month before hand though I know that has nothing to with club level

Edited by lassassinblanc - 15 Mar 2019 at 11:59am
Banjaxed View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
21's?? Who cares about that?
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:10pm

I wonder has he even initiated the paperwork. A signature shouldn't effect his club game too much or exacerbate any previous injuries, carpal tunnel notwithstanding.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:42pm
Josh Cullen called up?

Was he in original extended squad? Of not, what the f**k?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:42pm
Kevin Long and Josh Cullen called up for Curtis and Browne.
Stimpy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:52pm
Mick should cap the sh*t out of Cullen
gally View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:57pm
I am a Charlton Season Ticket Holder, and have seen Josh play numerous times this season, he really is a very good player, loved by the fans, sometimes plays DM, sometimes CM, no matter where he plays, he puts in a lot of hard work, Mick came to the Valley mainly looking at Ronan Curtis of Portsmouth, who played really well, scored a great header, and will be a great acquisition for the team, however Josh was the fans man of the match and Mick must have been very impressed with his all round game.
Crap senior View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crap senior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:59pm
Delighted to see Cullen called up. Looks a great prospect. Saw him on a few occasions for under 21's and looked better than rice. 
belt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Josh Cullen called up?

Was he in original extended squad? Of not, what the f**k?

McCarthy has watched him twice in the flesh since the original squad and said he though Cullen was "excellent"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:12pm
It's an odd one considering he wasn't in the originally 38 man squad but perhaps someone from Micks team was looking at the clammer for younger players in the squad.

I think it's good to see him get a call up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Grinds my gears.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:19pm
I think it is absolutely disgraceful that he has called up someone who wasn’t previously called up to be a substitute. 

Strongly worded letters needed.

Bedsheets at the ready!
you were probably told to leave an Irish centre one night but kept mouthing off and some big church going Gaa player f**ked you out the door hence your hatred for the Catholic Church and Gaa aswell!
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:23pm
Could we see Josh Cullen pulling out for personal reasons ??

If he's available for any of the next games cap him too f**k. Tbh didn't hear much about him but sounds promising 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 58>
  Share Topic