You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick Wallace: An Appreciation!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:54am
All Mick Wallaces loans were with foreign banks and therefore he is not under NAMA and he has a tax clearance cert so a bit of facts here would not go amiss.  
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

All Mick Wallaces loans were with foreign banks and therefore he is not under NAMA and he has a tax clearance cert so a bit of facts here would not go amiss.  

My understanding is that some of his properties will be going into Nama in the near future.
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 9:14am
Don't know Mick Wallace but lots of Wexford people have very good things to say about him.

The word 'developer' can't be a catch-all term to mean a shower of b*stards.

We've already killed entrepreneurial spirit in Ireland becasue no one can get any money from the banks to start a business.

Wallace deserves credit for topping the poll in Wexford despite being a 'developer'.

Had to laugh at photo in Indo today. T-shirt, jeans, and pick-up truck parked outside Leinster House

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Catman Catman wrote:

Don't know Mick Wallace but lots of Wexford people have very good things to say about him.

The word 'developer' can't be a catch-all term to mean a shower of b*stards.

We've already killed entrepreneurial spirit in Ireland becasue no one can get any money from the banks to start a business.

Wallace deserves credit for topping the poll in Wexford despite being a 'developer'.

Had to laugh at photo in Indo today. T-shirt, jeans, and pick-up truck parked outside Leinster House

Exactly, not all "developers" are ****s, some good people have been caught up in the sh*tstorm. I don't know anything about what Mick Wallace has been up to for the past few years, but I liked him when he was drumming for The Commitments back in the day.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Gerry Gannon built pitches in Malahide andPablo Escobar built countless pitches in Colombia

Comparing Wallace to Escobar is crass and absurd in the extreme.

I don't know much about Gannon, other than he's developer who owned a share in the K club and he took a interest in a soccer club, much like Roman Abramovich has done at Chelsea, albeit on a much smaller scale.

I'm not sure why you're equating him with Mick Wallace, who was coach/manager/floorweeper at Wexford Youths. Wallace has coached schoolboy football teams, winning all Ireland titles with Kevin Doyle in one side.

Just because his once well funded construction business has become a victim of the recession, doesn't belittle in any way the mans achievements for Wexford soccer.

Don't take my word for it.
Look at this piece from the supporters club

If Irish soccer had more people of the calibre of Mick Wallace, our sport would be all the richer.

Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Gerry Gannon built pitches in Malahide andPablo Escobar built countless pitches in Colombia

I don't know much about Gannon, other than he's developer who owned a share in the K club and he took a interest in a soccer club, much like Roman Abramovich has done at Chelsea, albeit on a much smaller scale.

I'm not sure why you're equating him with Mick Wallace, who was coach/manager/floorweeper at Wexford Youths. Wallace has coached schoolboy football teams, winning all Ireland titles with Kevin Doyle in one side.

Just because his once well funded construction business has become a victim of the recession, doesn't belittle in any way the mans achievements for Wexford soccer.

If Irish soccer had more people of the calibre of Mick Wallace, our sport would be all the richer.

Yeh right Stoked Up. That Gerk fella would need to get his facts straight. Escobar built over 800 football pitches compared to Wallaces oneTongue
Both legendsClap
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 10:49am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

who gives two shi.ts about what he has done for Wexford Youths...... THey belong to the Taxpayer now, we own Wexford Youths and Ferrycarrig park.

A builder/developer has been elected, upto his eyes in debt, owes money to people and their families...As taxpayers we are bailing out the fookin Developers and Builders...the likes of Mick Wallace...

The 100k a year (with expenses) salary which we also pay is going to him!

A disgrace

Eh WB, back to work there like a good lad, I'm cutting your lunch break short, afterall as a taxpayer I'm your boss. Tongue

I think I still here scuttling back to a deskLOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:10am

Escobar was a joke Stoked up, chill out

But Gannon has done loads for junior football also and he is looked at as a scumbag

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:15am

Escobar was a joke Stoked up, chill out

But Gannon has done loads for junior football also and he is looked at as a scumbag

I got the joke Gerk was actually a good one from you (for a change)Thumbs%20UpTongue
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:28am

baldrick thats twice in 2 days that you have tried to stop a rant with bringing facts into account. are you not aware that facts and truth have no place in a thread like this and these threads are to be made up of opinion, rumour and guess work.
Please stop doing this or i will ask one oen of the mods to have you banned
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 11:59am
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

baldrick thats twice in 2 days that you have tried to stop a rant with bringing facts into account. are you not aware that facts and truth have no place in a thread like this and these threads are to be made up of opinion, rumour and guess work.
Please stop doing this or i will ask one oen of the mods to have you banned
LOLLOLLOL
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 12:21pm
Mad f**ker. Manages about 8 football teams!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Yeah i hear he has done good thngs for wexford,.... but from the outside in it looks like we have elected a builder who owes 30million to nama, with no political experience and only decided to run two weeks ago....dont know what he will achieve by being in the dail tbh..

Clap Here here a man who is up to his eyeballs in debt and the sterotype man who ''we'' irish hate is elected top of the poll, i despair sometimes at the attitude of irish people. Same for that Ross **** he was a f**king cronnie of seanie fitz and the boys but had the sense to leave early and gets top of the poll, f**king sickening.

what?! he left nothing early?? ross spent most of his seanad career trying to route out cronyism and  make public the bollox that goes on in leinster house, he deserves a medal for the amount of things he made puclic, we out his journalism we'd never have found otu about fás, the cie scandal and many other things, give his books a read if you're stuck with spare time!!
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Yeah i hear he has done good thngs for wexford,.... but from the outside in it looks like we have elected a builder who owes 30million to nama, with no political experience and only decided to run two weeks ago....dont know what he will achieve by being in the dail tbh..

Clap Here here a man who is up to his eyeballs in debt and the sterotype man who ''we'' irish hate is elected top of the poll, i despair sometimes at the attitude of irish people. Same for that Ross **** he was a f**king cronnie of seanie fitz and the boys but had the sense to leave early and gets top of the poll, f**king sickening.

what?! he left nothing early?? ross spent most of his seanad career trying to route out cronyism and  make public the bollox that goes on in leinster house, he deserves a medal for the amount of things he made puclic, we out his journalism we'd never have found otu about fás, the cie scandal and many other things, give his books a read if you're stuck with spare time!!
WastersClap
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 2:35pm

Escobar was a joke Stoked up, chill outBut Gannon has done loads for junior football also and he is looked at as a scumbag

Fair enough, my humour meter has not been running too well of late. You'd be surprised at how some people look upon the murderous Escobar, as some some sort of working class hero. Most of his largesse to soccer clubs was part of a clever, money laundering operation.

What's Gannon done? Never heard much about him other than Fingal.
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:13pm

On Vincent Browne now with Wexford Youths jersey on

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:14pm
Just got a text

"Look at the cut of Mick Wallaca on Vincent!!"

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

On Vincent Browne now with Wexford Youths jersey on

Some man!Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic