You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick Wallace: An Appreciation!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mick Wallace: An Appreciation!
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 5:55pm
My faith in the Irish people has been somewhat restored, seeing as a man like this has been elected! Good Luck Mick, wish there was more like you!Clap
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:16pm
Yeah i hear he has done good thngs for wexford,.... but from the outside in it looks like we have elected a builder who owes 30million to nama, with no political experience and only decided to run two weeks ago....dont know what he will achieve by being in the dail tbh..
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Yeah i hear he has done good thngs for wexford,.... but from the outside in it looks like we have elected a builder who owes 30million to nama, with no political experience and only decided to run two weeks ago....dont know what he will achieve by being in the dail tbh..

Clap Here here a man who is up to his eyeballs in debt and the sterotype man who ''we'' irish hate is elected top of the poll, i despair sometimes at the attitude of irish people. Same for that Ross **** he was a f**king cronnie of seanie fitz and the boys but had the sense to leave early and gets top of the poll, f**king sickening.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:42pm
Wallace certainly seems to deflect any unwanted attention alright
Doing good things for football in Wexford should not mask the fact that he was a key figure in the property bubble and now he will sit in the Dail

He is meant to be one of the good guys though, hopefully that comes to fruition

Edited by The GerK - 01 Mar 2011 at 6:43pm
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:49pm
Dont know anything about the man apart from the fact he is a developer. Anyone from Wexford here who can explain why he is so popular?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by The Big Club The Big Club wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Clap Here here a man who is up to his eyeballs in debt and the sterotype man who ''we'' irish hate is elected top of the poll, i despair sometimes at the attitude of irish people. Same for that Ross **** he was a f**king cronnie of seanie fitz and the boys but had the sense to leave early and gets top of the poll, f**king sickening.

Whatever Mick is, I dont think he is a stereotype. He may well be a property developer in debt, but whatever he made and subsequently lost, he didn't do it by swanning about with senior politicians, or making donations to political parties because he was ' a supporter of the democratic process' like the majority of his ilk. Do you think any other property developer type could top a poll ??

As for Ross, yes a a business head with a newspaper column, he was one of the cheerleaders of the boom, but he has been a consistent critic of stuff like corporate governance and semi state/government waste for years, all of which became election issues, no doubt this helped him.

As Citizen said, it is hard to know what he will do in the dail, but the same could be said for the majority of the 166 in some ways, beyond the cabinet and junior ministries, and I suppose the various committees to some extent,  the majority of even the newly succesful FG and Labour TDs are mere voting fodder.

The position of opposition is important too though, properly done it can at least keep the government of the day on their toes. I think if the left leaning independents can get a collective voice (as surely they will), they will at least provide a more robust and vocal opposition than was there last time, along with a strengthened SF.

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:05pm
What about Ming?........some man!Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

the majority of even the newly succesful FG and Labour TDs are mere voting fodder.

The position of opposition is important too though, properly done it can at least keep the government of the day on their toes.

Which, I would suggest may see a strong argument against entering Coalition at the Labour conference.  Hopefully the hawks win and FG are told to take a hike
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Dont know anything about the man apart from the fact he is a developer. Anyone from Wexford here who can explain why he is so popular?

Ask Kevin Doyle, who credits Wallace as being one of the main reasons why he's a professional footballer and last week he returned the favour. Kevin Doyle supported Mick Wallace's campaign

Wallace built Wexford Youths ground with his own money.

There's a half dozen all weather five-a-side floodlit pitches, three floodlit pitches, a clubhouse and a sort of stadium, which is as good as many other first division clubs have got. Mick Wallace is Wexford Youths.
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 2:50am
mick apperantly attended more games at the world cup in germany than anyone elseGeek
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:20am
who gives two shi.ts about what he has done for Wexford Youths...... THey belong to the Taxpayer now, we own Wexford Youths and Ferrycarrig park.

A builder/developer has been elected, upto his eyes in debt, owes money to people and their families...As taxpayers we are bailing out the fookin Developers and Builders...the likes of Mick Wallace...

The 100k a year (with expenses) salary which we also pay is going to him!

A disgrace
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:23am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

who gives two shi.ts about what he has done for Wexford Youths...... THey belong to the Taxpayer now, we own Wexford Youths and Ferrycarrig park.

A builder/developer has been elected, upto his eyes in debt, owes money to people and their families...As taxpayers we are bailing out the fookin Developers and Builders...the likes of Mick Wallace...

A disgrace

Eh WB, back to work there like a good lad, I'm cutting your lunch break short, afterall as a taxpayer I'm your boss. Tongue

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:43am

I think a lot of people don’t know what Wallace has done for the local community down in wexford down through the years, and just think straight away that all developers are evil!

A mate of mine lives down there and he was telling me about him. So many people have crossed his path, with jobs (and knock on effects aswel), and the work he has done for the youth of the area is second to none.

Me mate actually said he doesn’t agree with him at all on stuff he says, but actually gave him his number 2 as a result of the good work he does with the youths in the area. As he said, hes done more for the area than the other fools going for re/election.

I remember when wexford entered the league and he was saying that he’d the cash to bring the best players in the loi down from Dublin, but he didn’t want to do this, and wanted to stick with the locals in the area and surrounding areas!

I liked him in interviews over the years, used speak a lot of sense – but I don’t know the whole ins and outs of his debts though!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 7:59am

Me ould fella lives down there. he voted for him and said all the junior soccer lads voted for him. that'ss all I know !
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:00am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

A disgrace

Eh WB, back to work there like a good lad, I'm cutting your lunch break short, afterall as a taxpayer I'm your boss. Tongue

LOLLOLLOL
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Ask Kevin Doyle, who credits Wallace as being one of the main reasons why he's a professional footballer and last week he returned the favour. Kevin Doyle supported Mick Wallace's campaign

There's a half dozen all weather five-a-side floodlit pitches, three floodlit pitches, a clubhouse and a sort of stadium, which is as good as many other first division clubs have got. Mick Wallace is Wexford Youths.

Gerry Gannon built pitches in Malahide andPablo Escobar built countless pitches in Colombia
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:34am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Gerry Gannon built pitches in Malahide andPablo Escobar built countless pitches in Colombia
LOL very true son! Escobar = legend Clap
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 8:36am
We know pay his wages and his loans back to nama.

Well done the people of wexford
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic