You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 888990
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:38am
In relation to Kenny I believe at worst he would have done as good as McCarthy.

I had reservations before McCarthy came in and they bore through.
I feel where McCarthy fell down Kenny wouldn’t have in the same situation.
Namely he would have gone for it more away to Georgia and at home to Denmark.
And more importantly I think he would have been less stubborn with player selection Mick brought in the younger lads but it was like pulling teeth.
I think the omission of Shane Long was very silly we all know what he can and can’t do but surely he was worth his place in the squad.

And to finish Kenny might not be the great white hope either he has had a decent qualifying campaign but this is with probably one of the best u 21 teams we have ever had who have played good football and performed very well under other coaches all the way up so there results are to certain degree to be expected.

For all McCartyhys failings his experience and the way he has changed the atmosphere in the dressing to a positive one must have counted for something.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
www.revolut.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The 98-2000 campaign was almost as good bar the complete cock up against Macedonia. Beat Yugoslavia and Croatia.

Do you believe Stephen Kenny would have us qualified by now? The context is you wanting him appointed solely on the basis of a good campaign at underage level. Appreciate you avoiding the "couldn't do any worse" line.

he      is like a      YOUNG      CARLOS                          BILLARDO

Crap senior is my full time stalker. Mr. Brick (Jumbo Mills -the Loudmouth Aussie) is now my 2nd full time stalker. One more and I keep the match ball.

See Jumbo's post below
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:42am
I think Kenny will care more and put more effort in and try and make us play a better brand of football.

My reservations are the players dont buy into it.

Mick's second reign will be looked back on as a disaster after our campaign ends with a whimper in Slovakia.
The Sidam touch of our former dear leader will strike again. 

Hopefully Kenny breaks the curse!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

In relation to Kenny I believe at worst he would have done as good as McCarthy.

I had reservations before McCarthy came in and they bore through.
I feel where McCarthy fell down Kenny wouldn’t have in the same situation.
Namely he would have gone for it more away to Georgia and at home to Denmark.
And more importantly I think he would have been less stubborn with player selection Mick brought in the younger lads but it was like pulling teeth.
I think the omission of Shane Long was very silly we all know what he can and can’t do but surely he was worth his place in the squad.

And to finish Kenny might not be the great white hope either he has had a decent qualifying campaign but this is with probably one of the best u 21 teams we have ever had who have played good football and performed very well under other coaches all the way up so there results are to certain degree to be expected.

For all McCartyhys failings his experience and the way he has changed the atmosphere in the dressing to a positive one must have counted for something.

The draw and Randolph time wasting in Georgia was unacceptable but you really couldn't fault our approach in the Denmark home game. We played well and were unlucky. McGoldrick's miss and Doherty switching off for their goal can hardly be leveled at the manager's door tbh. Our performances in Gibraltar and Switzerland were a lot more damning of McCarthy. 
That was soft rock cocaine enthusiasts Fleetwood Mac
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:33pm

The 98-2000 campaign was almost as good bar the complete cock up against Macedonia. Beat Yugoslavia and Croatia.

Do you believe Stephen Kenny would have us qualified by now? The context is you wanting him appointed solely on the basis of a good campaign at underage level. Appreciate you avoiding the "couldn't do any worse" line.

Has Kenny got a big honker? Otherwise  nothing in common. You champion Kenny on the basis of a campaign with an underage squad hailed as a vintage crop. It's hard to believe a tough taskmaster such as yourself deems that enough for the senior role. Why?
Good onya, Trap. How they hangin', cobber? Great pointer, matey - taaaa. Over that steamy car incident yet, possum? Gooood. OK, OK, you're right back on topic here on Jumbo Hour . . .
Fruice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 12:35pm
we knew we had to win both games and never looked like doing either.
Our approach against Denmark was too conservative we had a few half chances We played on up top.
Not for a minute we’re the Danes in Danger if not qualify they were there for the taking and we didn’t do enough.
In the Denmark game McCarthy took off Hourihane our set piece taker where we get a lot of joy from and let in our defensive midfielder in a game we had to win.

Come off it you can lay loads of Blame at McCarthy in the Denmark game also
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
www.revolut.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:07pm

Has Kenny got a big honker? Otherwise  nothing in common. You champion Kenny on the basis of a campaign with an underage squad hailed as a vintage crop. It's hard to believe a tough taskmaster such as yourself deems that enough for the senior role. Why?

No.  I have faith in him for the football he played with Dundalk in Europe with very ordinary players that he was able to recreate with The EIRE. 

When the wallflower loses its colour it is because it has given away its last Rolo.

Crap senior is my full time stalker. Mr. Brick (Jumbo Mills -the Loudmouth Aussie) is now my 2nd full time stalker. One more and I keep the match ball.

See Jumbo's post below
Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 3:44am
Stephen Kenny's CV is light-on. You're investing the future of Irish Football on the basis of about ten underage games. We should have tested the market and seen who's available. Your support for Irish managers over the past 25 years has been derisory - Kenny will be no different. 
Good onya, Trap. How they hangin', cobber? Great pointer, matey - taaaa. Over that steamy car incident yet, possum? Gooood. OK, OK, you're right back on topic here on Jumbo Hour . . .
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:12am

Stephen Kenny's CV is light-on. You're investing the future of Irish Football on the basis of about ten underage games. We should have tested the market and seen who's available. Your support for Irish managers over the past 25 years has been derisory - Kenny will be no different. 
Yes, test the market. Ray houghton football recruitment consultant. Sounds familiar mr **ick.

Mr Brick View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Brick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:54am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Yes, test the market. Ray houghton football recruitment consultant. Sounds familiar mr **ick.

No Houghton at all, I very respectfully advise, King_Kenny. Testing the market was the preferred strategy of myself, and Trap junior, bless him. 

Edited by Mr Brick - 18 Feb 2020 at 2:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 888990
  Share Topic