You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 104>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 9:57pm
Goodbye Mick. LOL
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 9:57pm
Curtains for him you would have to think if it stays like this 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Jan 2017 at 9:58pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Curtains for him you would have to think if it stays like this 
Certainly looks that way. I can see Ipswich being a league 1 side in the next 18 months.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Goodbye Mick. LOL
cant say im particulalrly amused that such a fate awaits our former captain/manager and a great servant for us overall.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Goodbye Mick. LOL
cant say im particulalrly amused that such a fate awaits our former captain/manager and a great servant for us overall.

Lighten up pal Thumbs Up
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:12pm
Mick was an is a great man and manager. The problem at Ipswich is money and stagnation. Also the departures of Aaron Cresswell, Ty Mings, and Darryl Murphy has not helped.

But given the current state of mind of the fans, and tonight's result it will be significant faith the board will vest in him if they decide to keep with him
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:16pm

Goodbye Mick. LOL

Lighten up pal Thumbs Up
Im perfectly 'lightened up'. I just dont see whats funny about it is all.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:19pm

Goodbye Mick. LOL

Lighten up pal Thumbs Up

The fact his team was massively outplayed by a team 55 positions lower than his.

Infact, it wasn't funny, it was hilarious.

Does it have to matter which person was on the losing side for it to be less funny? Lighten up pal.

Edited by coyne - 17 Jan 2017 at 10:25pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:34pm

Goodbye Mick. LOL

Lighten up pal Thumbs Up

The fact his team was massively outplayed by a team 55 positions lower than his.

Infact, it wasn't funny, it was hilarious.

Does it have to matter which person was on the losing side for it to be less funny? Lighten up pal.

oh right.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:54pm
Stayed at Ipswich far too long, stagnated....there was a time when he'd be talked up for any top Championship job, not anymore yesterdays man
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Stayed at Ipswich far too long, stagnated....there was a time when he'd be talked up for any top Championship job, not anymore yesterdays man

Nonsense. 7th last season and play offs the year before on a shoestring. Struggled for half a season this year after having his best players consistently sold from under him. Still be plenty of championship chairmen happy to take a punt on him.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:11am

At the rate the championship lads get sacked (gone to less than 18 months now), he will be absolutely grand, if things fall right for him he might even get a new job the same week. Look at Neil Warnock, no idea how many times he has retired now, but because he has a decent record in getting into playoffs, and last season with Rotherham, avoiding relegation, clubs come looking for him all the time. 

Looking at where Rotherham are now without him, I can see Ipswich heading for that end of the table quicker than McCarthy .

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Nonsense. 7th last season and play offs the year before on a shoestring. Struggled for half a season this year after having his best players consistently sold from under him. Still be plenty of championship chairmen happy to take a punt on him.
Exactly, he will be seen in the same light as Warnock. I would wager that McCarthy will still be knocking around the championship for the next few years, I can't say that about Ipswich with the same certainty.

Anyway, we are all being very presumptuous, he might still be there at the weekend, having lost the supporters it does feel like it is a matter of time though.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:17am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

At the rate the championship lads get sacked (gone to less than 18 months now), he will be absolutely grand, if things fall right for him he might even get a new job the same week. Look at Neil Warnock, no idea how many times he has retired now, but because he has a decent record in getting into playoffs, and last season with Rotherham, avoiding relegation, clubs come looking for him all the time. 

Looking at where Rotherham are now without him, I can see Ipswich heading for that end of the table quicker than McCarthy .

The difference between Warnock and McCarthy though is that Warnock has a purpose - He's the king of the Championship. 
McCarthy as I said last page is very good on a squad on a limited budget, but there is no club currently who fits that criteria. 

The Championship has evolved into mass panic overspending in hope they'll get the £100 million for getting promoted or simply avoiding relegation, no one says at the start of the season right we'll go for mid-table.

Edited by coyne - 18 Jan 2017 at 12:18am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:35am

The difference between Warnock and McCarthy though is that Warnock has a purpose - He's the king of the Championship. 
McCarthy as I said last page is very good on a squad on a limited budget, but there is no club currently who fits that criteria. 

The Championship has evolved into mass panic overspending in hope they'll get the £100 million for getting promoted or simply avoiding relegation, no one says at the start of the season right we'll go for mid-table.
You think Rotherham, Burton Albion, Bristol City, Preston, Barnsley, Brentford etc are all overspending to reach the premier league? Now that is funny.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:03am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You think Rotherham, Burton Albion, Bristol City, Preston, Barnsley, Brentford etc are all overspending to reach the premier league? Now that is funny.

Or relegation avoiding. Every team you just listed except Brentford started the season fighting relegation.

Congratulations on cutting half the post out. You may pass go, you may collect 200 idiot points.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:21am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Or relegation avoiding. Every team you just listed except Brentford started the season fighting relegation.

Congratulations on cutting half the post out. You may pass go, you may collect 200 idiot points.
Firstly, you have called me an idiot in a post you opened with ';'Or relegation avoiding''. As a sentence. You said there is no club with a limited budget,(at least I think that is what you were trying to say, it isn't crystal clear) I gave you several. I don't know how you start a season fighting relegation; surely every team does? The fans of Ipswich were probably expecting to try and be 'relegation avoiding' when Mick McCarthy took over, seeing as they were rock bottom and hadn't won in 12 matches.
 I also very much doubt the fans of Preston or Bristol City expected anything other than a season of mid-table mediocrity. For what it is worth, Preston, Brentford and Barnsley had roughly the same odds for promotion and relegation. The bookies expected them all to finish somewhere between 11th and 16th, alongside Ipswich. I would expect fans of  Fulham, Huddersfield, Birmingham etc  all expected similar. I would imagine if any of the clubs I have mentioned lost their manager in the morning and Mick McCarthy was available I would expect he would be on the shortlist, with the exception of the mad house that is Birmingham!

Edited by pre Madonna - 18 Jan 2017 at 4:24am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:58am
Loking bleak for Mick Ipswich should be careful who they wish for.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 104>
  Share Topic