You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick Lynch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Judging from some of Het-field's previous posts he has an issue with him due to his politics. Anything left or left of centre seem to be a no, no for him. 

Shame really. 

That’s not true.

That's like something Mick Lynch would say
LOL
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 2:32pm
The best clip I've seen of him is the one that doesn't seem to be getting quite as much love, when some Tory was whining about army folks not being able to travel to celebrate veterans day or whatever nonsense they're at this weekend. The Tory lad honestly ended up sounding like a schoolboy "oh tell that to our servicemen and women Mick" and Lynch just kept saying he's not going to be able to settle this dispute with a Tory backbencher reading off a script LOL

@Het-field, when you're talking about how this "style" would be used and politicians just deciding not to answer questions because they choose to call them ridiculous... do you think they answer questions now like LOL All they do is have a stock answer that doesn't address a question, and if the journalist or interviewer tries to cut across or bring them back to the point, they just keep saying "if you would let me finish, please, if I could finish my point" and then never address the question at hand. They've all been at it for years at this point
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 4:17pm
the rmt is the most militant union i know in britain. i've worked with members for several years and the slightest change to working conditions riles them right up. tbf you can't blame them given the bunch of bastards who run the country - whatever about boris, schapps is a special kind of ****. 

when mick said yesterday that negotiators were going back on offers made following consultation with the government it reminded myself of my own employers difficulties dealing with the dft. this particular government is living up to the term Perfidious Albion.

i sincerely hope he and his union win this fight.

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Jun 2022 at 4:20pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Judging from some of Het-field's previous posts he has an issue with him due to his politics. Anything left or left of centre seem to be a no, no for him. 

Shame really. 

That’s not true.

That's like something Mick Lynch would say

It would damage this forums' reputation
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:14pm

Shame really. 

That’s not true.

It's certainly how it comes across, was thinking the exact same before seeing seany's post tbh.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Shame really. 

That’s not true.

It's certainly how it comes across, was thinking the exact same before seeing seany's post tbh.

Fine. In fairness it was from historical discussions on here where I discussed Corbyn. And after the GE in 2020 I gave the political discussion a rest here because you couldn’t say boo about SF without a dogpile. My point was not well articulated on my part. But that was taken up wrong.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:28pm

Shame really. 

That’s not true.

Fine. In fairness it was from historical discussions on here where I discussed Corbyn. And after the GE in 2020 I gave the political discussion a rest here because you couldn’t say boo about SF without a dogpile. My point was not well articulated on my part. But that was taken up wrong.

Fair enough. 

I don't think Lynch can be faulted on how he's conducted himself this week. The likes of Richard Madeley and Kay Burley have completely embarrassed themselves and seem too un-self-aware to realise it. The standard of discourse in the UK is so poor these days it's unreal. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:39pm
Id add, from keeping an eye on the Brit press, the right wing media, the Mail and Express have been embarrassing in their hatchet job efforts all week. One article took three named journalists to write ffsLOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:46pm
Micks on question time at the minute 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

the plants in the audience made it hard for him at times but he absolutely buried the tory when she pulled out the network rail letter  LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 5:50am
Originally posted by More Anne More Anne wrote:

Lynch's style is not feigned in any way. It comes from his confidence in being completely on top of his brief. He knows what he's talking about and is able to bat away any nonsense he is faced with by rebuttal with facts and context.

Politicians cannot do this because they are generalists, and when you see a politician being interviewed, they are usually spouting a bunch of pre-rehearsed soundbytes. 

Multiply that x 100 when it's a Tory, because Tory government is inherently based in bullsh*t. They have no other strategy. They just aren't quite as shameless at it as the Republicans in the US, who have constructed an entire world of make believe where they just shout flat earth theories.

This has been the most impressive part of his interviews. Not that having all the facts to hand and putting forward your point based on said points and without any hyperbole should be impressive, but given the way politics/societal issues are debated, it's refreshing to see.

The "back bench MP reading off a transcript" line was excellent. The looks on the MPs' faces when he's put them in their place and they realise their arguments are made of nonsense are priceless. The most unlikeable one was the fella Lynch called a liar 17 times and he just sat there sneering at Lynch trying to belittle him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Id add, from keeping an eye on the Brit press, the right wing media, the Mail and Express have been embarrassing in their hatchet job efforts all week. One article took three named journalists to write ffsLOL

What a pair of racist rags the Express and Mail are.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 8:44am
Didn't have a clue who this chap was earlier in the week but I've seen a few clips of him online and he comes across very well
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

the plants in the audience made it hard for him at times but he absolutely buried the tory when she pulled out the network rail letter  LOL

The presenter Emily Bruce was a disgrace. pleading for a Tory voice to speak up for Boris. 

Old dear in the audience says we'll he's had the pandemic and the Ukraine to deal with and he's had Covid himself. 

Lynch: 'I don't think being able to catch Covid is a particular qualification. We'd all be able to do it.' LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:02am

The presenter Emily Bruce was a disgrace. pleading for a Tory voice to speak up for Boris. 

Old dear in the audience says we'll he's had the pandemic and the Ukraine to deal with and he's had Covid himself. 

Lynch: 'I don't think being able to catch Covid is a particular qualification. We'd all be able to do it.' LOL

Enjoyed that LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:13am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:19am

It's Fiona Bruce - Emily would have been Matliss who is a far better presenter and a journalist!
That's the whole gig with Question Time though - They pick a split audience, try and debate both sides of a topic and then nobody wins. I'm surprised people still watch it to be honest. I've given up - Just find it frustrating these days. To be fair, I just end up looking at Tory supporters and think to myself "Dopes". Their entitled to their opinions etc etc.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

It's Fiona Bruce - Emily would have been Matliss who is a far better presenter and a journalist!
That's the whole gig with Question Time though - They pick a split audience, try and debate both sides of a topic and then nobody wins. I'm surprised people still watch it to be honest. I've given up - Just find it frustrating these days. To be fair, I just end up looking at Tory supporters and think to myself "Dopes". Their entitled to their opinions etc etc.

Sorry, brain fart on my part, I know it's Fiona. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic