Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Robinson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michael Robinson
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:30pm
Diagnosed with incurable advanced melanoma (Skin Cancer ) Cry

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Dec 2018 at 6:30pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:28pm
Damn. He must have had a melanoma on his skin that he didn't notice. That Ireland team he played in (1980 -1983) probably had the best style of play we ever had.                                                                    
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:36pm
Dreadful news  Saw hin in a few decent performances when the wheels were starting to come off the Eoin Hand wagon. Wholehearted player and one of a select number of Irish with a European Cup winners medal.

Admired how he went to Spain and immersed himself in that culture and made a huge career for himself. Very sad that doing so probably contributed to this. Hope he beats it but doesn't look good form reports...
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:45pm
Poor guy.....I think he has only turned 60 this year

Anyone who remembers the Eoin Hand team of 1980/81 will have very fond memories of him, especially scoring against Holland and France in autumn 81 when the team was on fire.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:30pm
Very sad.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:54pm
Any particular reason he never played after the Icelandic tournament under Jack ? 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:03pm
Awful news.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Any particular reason he never played after the Icelandic tournament under Jack ? 

He was nearing the end with injuries and BJ had plenty of striking options. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by **** **** wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

He was nearing the end with injuries and BJ had plenty of striking options. 
Who is blowjob? Sounds like a character from Austin Powers.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:06pm
Broken Heart
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:50pm
Sad News..worked well with Stapo in the Irish team. At club level i recall he signed for Liverpool as a replacement for Ian Rush. i read a story where he went a good few games without scoring and papers were expecting him to be dropped. On the day before a match he was called aside from training by Bob Paisley. Fearing the worst paisley handed him a piece of paper with numbers one to eleven in team order. All the numbers were blank except number 9 which had the name Robinson against it. The next day Robinson scored a hat trick. Also remember he scored a winner for city in a rare derby win against United and he was also one of the 4 Irish internationals in the Brighton 1983 cup final team.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 11:55pm
All I can ever think of is his contribution to the FA Cup final IN '83. I bet he still regrets passing.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 12:01am
Didn’t he play in that big win 8-0 against Malta I think. Our biggest win as far as I know.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 8:54am
Nope. He didnt play that day. 
Micky Walsh did. 
Lawro 2, Brady 2, Stapo, Sheedy, Daly, O'Callaghan.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:52am
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/D5ED/production/_104856745_lawro.jpg

Edited by reddladd - 18 Dec 2018 at 10:53am
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:54am
Didn't realise that they played together for 3 different clubs as well as Ireland.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Sad News..worked well with Stapo in the Irish team. At club level i recall he signed for Liverpool as a replacement for Ian Rush. i read a story where he went a good few games without scoring and papers were expecting him to be dropped. On the day before a match he was called aside from training by Bob Paisley. Fearing the worst paisley handed him a piece of paper with numbers one to eleven in team order. All the numbers were blank except number 9 which had the name Robinson against it. The next day Robinson scored a hat trick. Also remember he scored a winner for city in a rare derby win against United and he was also one of the 4 Irish internationals in the Brighton 1983 cup final team.

No, he was back up to Rush and Dalglish. It's Aldo you're thinking of who was signed as Rush's replacement.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:58am
He was a great recruit to Eoin Hand's brilliant team. Robbed of a place at the WC in Spain '82.
I recall the home game against Platini and France. Robbo setting up the first and scoring what turned out to be the winner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic