You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael O'Neill - An Uncle Tom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 10:01am
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Martin O'Neill and Michael O'Neill arguing that Irish players should not be allowed play for Ireland. I always felt that Martin O'Neill considered it a major chore to have to manage Ireland. If he had gotten the England job, he would have waxed lyrical on what a honour and privilege it was. 

It's ghastly when you think about it. Duffy's father is from the Republic. He's entitled to play for us the same way someone like Adam Idah would be entitled to play for Nigeria. Can you imagine the uproar if a high profile Irish football figure was using his platform to bleat that Idah shouldn't be allowed to play for them?

It's absurd for Michael to suggest that someone who grows up identifying as Irish and supporting Ireland shouldn't be allowed to play for us to begin with, but the argument really falls apart when he brings up lads like Duffy.

As an aside, Michael O'Neill looks like someone who smells terrible. I can practically smell the stale fecal and whiskey odour emanating from his pores just by watching him on TV.
Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Martin O'Neill and Michael O'Neill arguing that Irish players should not be allowed play for Ireland. I always felt that Martin O'Neill considered it a major chore to have to manage Ireland. If he had gotten the England job, he would have waxed lyrical on what a honour and privilege it was. 

It's ghastly when you think about it. Duffy's father is from the Republic. He's entitled to play for us the same way someone like Adam Idah would be entitled to play for Nigeria. Can you imagine the uproar if a high profile Irish football figure was using his platform to bleat that Idah shouldn't be allowed to play for them?

It's absurd for Michael to suggest that someone who grows up identifying as Irish and supporting Ireland shouldn't be allowed to play for us to begin with, but the argument really falls apart when he brings up lads like Duffy.

As an aside, Michael O'Neill looks like someone who smells terrible. I can practically smell the stale fecal and whiskey odour emanating from his pores just by watching him on TV.
Can't see why you'd say that, by the looks of the big strawberry nose on him I'd say he has nothing wrong with his sense of smell.... 
Seriously though I thought he would park it at this stage, having played gaelic football against him surely he knows how it was growing up in the North back in the late eighties and why catholic/nationalists wouldn't want to play for the pub team 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 11:25am
Am I missing something here? Has this already aired or something? Where does it state that the two O'Neills are "arguing that Irish players should not be allowed to play for Ireland"?

Some of the comments on this thread too Confused Duffy is Irish, he doesn't 'identify' as Irish or because a member of his family was born in another county. It's not one of these new pronoun ffs.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 11:30am
All the players who have played for NI are also Irish.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Am I missing something here? Has this already aired or something? Where does it state that the two O'Neills are "arguing that Irish players should not be allowed to play for Ireland"?

Some of the comments on this thread too Confused Duffy is Irish, he doesn't 'identify' as Irish or because a member of his family was born in another county. It's not one of these new pronoun ffs.

I think you're reading far too much into it first of all, and missing my point about Duffy's situation as well.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:26pm

I think you're reading far too much into it first of all, and missing my point about Duffy's situation as well.
Under the Good Friday Agreement any one born in the 32 Counties can claim Irish Citizenship - there is no debate!
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Under the Good Friday Agreement any one born in the 32 Counties can claim Irish Citizenship - there is no debate!
Don't even need the GFA, they are entitled to Irish citizenship regardless.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:48pm

Jesus wept it’s like Mike Myers in Halloween 

The GFA had sweet fuk all to do with Irish nationality 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:59pm
Duffy is eligible the same way for us as Omobamidele is for Nigeria. Politics shouldn't even come into that one.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:03pm

Duffy is eligible the same way for us as Omobamidele is for Nigeria. Politics shouldn't even come into that one.

Ah you're on the wind up now.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:08pm

The 1956 citizens of Ireland act.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:34pm

Confused
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:36pm

Michael O'Neill clearly doesn't agree with the provisions of the GFA and doesn't think players like Marc Wilson, for example, should be allowed to play for us.

Shane Duffy's father is from the Republic, so even without the GFA, he would remain eligible for us, the same way Idah or Omobamidele, for example, would be eligible for Nigeria.

So Michael O'Neill undermines his own argument when he brings up Duffy.

Do you follow? 

I also know of Paddy McNair's family, though not him personally, and I can vouch that his family are Rangers supporters and would identify as British and nothing else.

Saying they're Irish and that's it is as patronising as someone from Australia or America saying I'm British.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:41pm
How many more times do people have to be told, the  GFA has sweet f**k all to do with it.

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:10pm

Michael O'Neill clearly doesn't agree with the provisions of the GFA and doesn't think players like Marc Wilson, for example, should be allowed to play for us.

Shane Duffy's father is from the Republic, so even without the GFA, he would remain eligible for us, the same way Idah or Omobamidele, for example, would be eligible for Nigeria.

Do you follow? 

I also know of Paddy McNair's family, though not him personally, and I can vouch that his family are Rangers supporters and would identify as British and nothing else.

Saying they're Irish and that's it is as patronising as someone from Australia or America saying I'm British.

Shane Duffy is eligible for us simply by being born on the island of Ireland, no GFA or ancestry rules needed.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:16pm

Do you follow? 

Between your complete ignorance, your constant 'jokes' about young girls in leggings and comparing Gavin Bazunu's name to a Nigerian lads private parts, you really should reevaluate some of the absolute sh1te you post.

Now, do you follow?
StuttgartKY View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuttgartKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:48pm
Very disappointing that we didn't get Conor Bradley though, hopefully he turns out sh*te instead
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

How many more times do people have to be told, the  GFA has sweet f**k all to do with it.

apparently at least a few more . 

GFA and Eligibility 'the myth that will never die' 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic