You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 125>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:02pm
Gets a red card in u23 game vs Blackburn B team 
Sponsored Links

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:09pm
What's after happening here? Played over 20 PL games last season and isn't getting much of a look in now? 

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What's after happening here? Played over 20 PL games last season and isn't getting much of a look in now? 

He’s a very weird build. He’ll have to be incredibly good to make it at PL level. A lot of football just comes down to your physicality.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 5:25pm
Still don't understand how he was considered good enough to play last season but has dropped down this one.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:10pm
Basically Long is a bench option at best for Southampton and last season Che Adams couldn't hit a barn door. So Obafemi got some game time by default really.

This season Adams is looking better and they've signed Walcott so Obafemi has fallen down the pecking order. Hopefully this is the wake up call he needs to change his attitude, get off the burgers and get back into the first team. He really could go either way, he can make it in the Premier League or he could end up being a league 1 standard player or worse. It's up to him.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Still don't understand how he was considered good enough to play last season but has dropped down this one.

Not that trickey. Che Adams wasn't great for large periods of last season and he's started this season very well. Some on here I'd imagine would be giving out that Ings is starting ahead of himLOL
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 7:23pm
At this moment it not looking great for an Irish players point of view.
3 keepers  Randolph, Kelleher and Travers all 2nd choice.
Doherty on bench, Coleman injured a lot lately.
Brady,  Mcclean, Arter, mollumby, Smallbone and Hourihane all not getting much starts.
Connolly under bit more pressure now with the signing of welbeck and long obafemi not starting.

Hopefully things will turn around as it is a long season.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 7:25pm
Most of those players are not starters for Ireland anyway.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:28pm
Is he gone from the Southampton panel altogether or is it just due to the sending off from under23? Smallbone still injured anyway 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:51pm
I'd say he's gone from the panel altogether 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:10pm
I think he will/should be one of a good few Irish players to look for a loan move in January.

Obafemi 
Molumby
Smallbone 
Coventry
Hourihane 

IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Is he gone from the Southampton panel altogether or is it just due to the sending off from under23? Smallbone still injured anyway 
He’s technically still suspended and I believe it carries over to the first team competitions as well. 

Or it’s because of his big ego. Mad lad is picking himself in fantasy football. 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 1:16pm
Danny Ings being injured should give him more chances
It's not me it's you:-)
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:40pm
What the story with this guy, nowhere no be seen lately, needs a loan to championship team
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

What the story with this guy, nowhere no be seen lately, needs a loan to championship team

It's a puzzler. Looked like a prospect last year.

His attitude has been questioned and in the games I've seen him, his positional sense is not the best. He has blistering pace which is so key but is there much else in the locker?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 12:08pm
I wouldn't be holding out too much hope on Obafemi to be honest. His natural ability gets him so far - he's quick, a decent passer and can finish a chance when he gets it, but his overall reading of a game seems to hold him back, positioning, vision etc. not great.

To me the areas he's lacking in look like ones that are quite coachable so there's still a good chance for him to do well but there seems to be issues with his application going by the managers previous comments about him.

It's not impossible for him to make the grade but I'd be putting it down as a bonus if he does. I think he's a lesser prospect than Connolly, Idah and Parrott.

Also I don't think he will ever be able to play as a lone striker so longer term he might be better switching to a wide right position for club and country. This would put him in direct competition with Smallbone at Southampton though.

Edited by You Tell Me - 14 Dec 2020 at 12:10pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:09pm
Dan Ndululu has moved moved ahead of him in the pecking order and has looked good
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 3:49pm
Seen there was talk about him getting a loan move in January. He needs one badly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 125>
  Share Topic