Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 5:31pm
Obafemi fanboys are awfully quiet 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 7:42pm
With Walcott on loan at the Saints now, Michael's playing time went down even more. Maybe he'll get a Championship loan. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

With Walcott on loan at the Saints now, Michael's playing time went down even more. Maybe he'll get a Championship loan. 

But not Long and Smallbone? Why have you singled out Obafemi as the guy to have a pop at?

Walcott's knocking on 32 and has been playing senior football since aged 16. Like other players who broke through early, ie Owen and Rooney, his decline started in his late twenties. He's a busted flush. I wouldn't be too worried  about my long-term prospects if I was Obafemi.
Fozz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:11pm
Adams and Ings look good together so will be tough to break that up until one picks up a knock or gets a bit leggy.

Off topic but disappointed Smallbone has lost his place and really hope to see him in Italy next week.
A centre three of himself right, Knight left and Coventry in behind is enticing (I know dropping Ronan who I'm a big fan of).

Obafemi to play centrally with Afolabi left and Elbouzedi right is the front 6 for me.

aviva8 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 8:28pm
Adam's is poor In my opinion, had few games where he scored 3 or 4 goals at end of last season but dont see the fuss about him. 

Edited by aviva8 - 05 Oct 2020 at 8:29pm
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

But not Long and Smallbone? Why have you singled out Obafemi as the guy to have a pop at?

Walcott's knocking on 32 and has been playing senior football since aged 16. Like other players who broke through early, ie Owen and Rooney, his decline started in his late twenties. He's a busted flush. I wouldn't be too worried  about my long-term prospects if I was Obafemi.

Seems like Long is ahead of Michael in the pecking order. But I doubt many of them get time. For Michael I think he needs to develop himself and should be playing. Long is probably content to finish his career on the bench / as a sub. 
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 6:45pm
Good to see he has joined up with the 21s squad, first day of training today
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:02pm
Gets a red card in u23 game vs Blackburn B team 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:09pm
What's after happening here? Played over 20 PL games last season and isn't getting much of a look in now? 

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

What's after happening here? Played over 20 PL games last season and isn't getting much of a look in now? 

He’s a very weird build. He’ll have to be incredibly good to make it at PL level. A lot of football just comes down to your physicality.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 5:25pm
Still don't understand how he was considered good enough to play last season but has dropped down this one.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:10pm
Basically Long is a bench option at best for Southampton and last season Che Adams couldn't hit a barn door. So Obafemi got some game time by default really.

This season Adams is looking better and they've signed Walcott so Obafemi has fallen down the pecking order. Hopefully this is the wake up call he needs to change his attitude, get off the burgers and get back into the first team. He really could go either way, he can make it in the Premier League or he could end up being a league 1 standard player or worse. It's up to him.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Still don't understand how he was considered good enough to play last season but has dropped down this one.

Not that trickey. Che Adams wasn't great for large periods of last season and he's started this season very well. Some on here I'd imagine would be giving out that Ings is starting ahead of himLOL
aviva8 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 7:23pm
At this moment it not looking great for an Irish players point of view.
3 keepers  Randolph, Kelleher and Travers all 2nd choice.
Doherty on bench, Coleman injured a lot lately.
Brady,  Mcclean, Arter, mollumby, Smallbone and Hourihane all not getting much starts.
Connolly under bit more pressure now with the signing of welbeck and long obafemi not starting.

Hopefully things will turn around as it is a long season.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 7:25pm
Most of those players are not starters for Ireland anyway.

aviva8 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:28pm
Is he gone from the Southampton panel altogether or is it just due to the sending off from under23? Smallbone still injured anyway 
Andrew00 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:51pm
I'd say he's gone from the panel altogether 
Left foot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:10pm
I think he will/should be one of a good few Irish players to look for a loan move in January.

Obafemi 
Molumby
Smallbone 
Coventry
Hourihane 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>
  Share Topic