Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:35pm
i wonder did he talk to him before he called him up to see if he is committed to us? we don't want another one of these rice/grealish saga's again
Sponsored Links

Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:38pm
hopefully he gets in and a few more young lads in around the squad. Wouldn’t mind seeing young Coventry and Idah given a call up as well. Young lad Connolly at Brighton too doing well in PL2
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:46pm
Michael has retweeted the FAI’s tweet about him being called up. I suppose it doesn’t exactly mean much when you take Rice’s actions into account, but it probably means O’Neill atleast consulted him first. 

If we can keep Obafemi, get Rice back, and introduce the likes of Crowley, Curtis, Cullen, Dunne and Manning into the squad, alongside younger guys such as O’Dowda and Robinson, things would be looking a little more promising. 

Throw in a breakthrough season for one of Idah, Parrott, Connolly (most likely as of now) or Cassidy and we’d have reason to be excited.

I think we’d find it easier to convince young dual eligibles to play for us if we can get younger, promising players into the squad. 

Wales have managed to make themselves fashionable for the likes of Brooks, Amapdu, Woodburn and Wilson and in turn have attracted lads like Matt Smith. 

If we can just keep a few of our talented young dual eligibles I think others may be more inclined to stay. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 06 Nov 2018 at 1:48pm
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Michael has retweeted the FAI’s tweet about him being called up. I suppose it doesn’t exactly mean much when you take Rice’s actions into account, but it probably means O’Neill atleast consulted him first. 

If we can keep Obafemi, get Rice back, and introduce the likes of Crowley, Curtis, Cullen, Dunne and Manning into the squad, alongside younger guys such as O’Dowda and Robinson, things would be looking a little more promising. 

Throw in a breakthrough season for one of Idah, Parrott, Connolly (most likely as of now) or Cassidy and we’d have reason to be excited.

I think we’d find it easier to convince young dual eligibles to play for us if we can get younger, promising players into the squad. 

Wales have managed to make themselves fashionable for the likes of Brooks, Amapdu, Woodburn and Wilson and in turn have attracted lads like Matt Smith. 

If we can just keep a few of our talented young dual eligibles I think others may be more inclined to stay. 
We don't want Rice back we're fine Thanks

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 06 Nov 2018 at 1:58pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:03pm
Interesting tweet from Aaron Connolly who has posted “What am I seeing”. 

Half of our under-19s team have ‘liked’ it. 

Possibly a jibe at Obafemi for not showing up for the qualifiers? Or perhaps they know something we don’t. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:07pm

It's more then likely not him himself who retweeted it
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:07pm

Interesting tweet from Aaron Connolly who has posted “What am I seeing”. 

Half of our under-19s team have ‘liked’ it. 

Possibly a jibe at Obafemi for not showing up for the qualifiers? Or perhaps they know something we don’t. 

So much of the last few months have been taken up by who tweeted what, who shared what, who liked what...can we just pretend for a minute that the whole world doesn't revolve around Twitter or Facebook or Instagram

We will find out soon enough if Rice will declare for us regardless of tweets he liked. Obafemi is now in the Ireland squad...if he does well for us then great...if he pulls out before Denmark because he is waiting on Nigeria then we'll deal with it then...anything else that happens on Twitter or whatever is irrelevant
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

We don't want Rice back we're fine Thanks

We don't want him? He has never left. He is an Irish player until he comes out and states otherwise. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 3:20pm
Good to see him included along with Jimmy Dunne. We have 7 strikers names in the squad which is promising too as some squads recently we could barely name 3/4. None of them are setting the world in fire and scoring high numbers of goals but they all can offer something different. Obafemi and Curtis are but very young so have plenty time to develop and they both look very promising. As mentioned about if we can get Rice back on board and Jimmy Dunne keeps improving along with Ryan Manning, Josh Cullen, Coventry they will bridge the game until hopefully we get the likes of Parrot, Idah and our very good u19, u17 players on board.
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 11:57am
[/QUOTE]We don't want Rice back we're fine Thanks [/QUOTE]

Great to hear the FAI have finally appointed a random twit off the internet to give the final say on all matters related to the senior team. Suffering jaysis
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

Great to hear the FAI have finally appointed a random twit off the internet to give the final say on all matters related to the senior team. Suffering jaysis
Noel King's new role ?

Edited by Gary McKay - 08 Nov 2018 at 12:37pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 1:02pm
LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by skylarking skylarking wrote:

[/QUOTE]We
We don't want Rice back we're fine Thanks [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 5:04pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 5:11pm
If we were to lose yet another guy, this one with only 2 senior club appearances; that would set serious alarm bells ringing. You'd hope that O'Neill at least performed a bit of due diligence prior to naming the squad and sounded Obafemi out. I think he'll join up with the squad anyway, whether he'll get game time though and put the matter to bed is another thing.
We're decent enough..
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

If we were to lose yet another guy, this one with only 2 senior club appearances; that would set serious alarm bells ringing. You'd hope that O'Neill at least performed a bit of due diligence prior to naming the squad and sounded Obafemi out. I think he'll join up with the squad anyway, whether he'll get game time though and put the matter to bed is another thing.

MON may be tempted to throw him on as a sub against Denmark (assuming he's in the actual squad) just to ensure the matter is done and dusted.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

MON may be tempted to throw him on as a sub against Denmark (assuming he's in the actual squad) just to ensure the matter is done and dusted.

If MON gave even the slightest bit of damn about Ireland's future this is what he should do. We cannot afford to be pussyfooting around these dual national lads anymore. Last minute appearance and secure Obafemi for the future. Job done.
The only way is up
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:58pm
Let's face it if he starts doing things like that MON makes his life a whole lot easier 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 125>
  Share Topic