You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not in the squad again today, must have picked up another injury.

Confirmed he's been dropped. Need to put to bed clamour for him until it's very obvious that he deserves some clamour. 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:22pm
Sounds like the professionalism issues raised at Southampton have come up again at Swansea. This all sounds very similar to what Hassenthutl used to say about him.

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 7:06pm
These players who strut around like the cock of the walk, when they've done relatively fook all in the game, are hilarious.

Quickly. Tie him down before he defects LOLLOL

He should be so lucky. 
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:21pm
"nothing major"
A strict but understanding manager that will push him to improve is just what he needs. Wake up call. 
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 12:29am
At Swansea two months and the manager is already talking about how his professionalism needs improvement. Great way to make a first impression given your old manager questioned your professionalism on a couple of occasions.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ssell-22091166

"But there are certain things you have to make sure you do to be in the squad.

"You've got guys like Jay Fulton at home training so hard, Rhys Williams, Brandon Cooper. You have to behave every day like what you are, a professional footballer.

"He's done nothing major but there's stuff we need to help him with.

"He's disappointed. I'm disappointed he's not here, but performance doesn't come before culture, it's the other way around. He'll get there and I'm sure he'll be back involved soon.

"It's just a few disciplinary things in terms of the way we train, time keeping and it does matter unfortunately."
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 11:23pm
For players of a similar age who would be on great money (even sitting on a bench week after week) it's would be hard to resist to life's temptations and go out and enjoy your wealth 

Anyway let's hope he can sort his career out and one day play for Ireland again 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

For players of a similar age who would be on great money (even sitting on a bench week after week) it's would be hard to resist to life's temptations and go out and enjoy your wealth 

Resist temptations until your 30. He's a young man relative to everybody outside of football. Then spend all your money and ride yourself senseless.

Young and stupid, etc, etc. Tale as old as time. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Certainly looked to be doing just that over the weekend, was at "salt bae's" restaurant tucking into £1k steaks.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 4:35pm
Back in the squad today and has come off the bench for the final 20 minutes.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 4:31pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 5:33pm
The lad's attitude must be atrocious for this to keep happening under different managers at different clubs. He's still very young but all of this is worrying.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 5:45pm
He's a footballer who never plays football...at some stage the clubs will realise that and he'll be gone.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

He's a footballer who never plays football...at some stage the clubs will realise that and he'll be gone.
this exactly. its embarrassing that a player who's only 21 and achieved nothing in the game is being pulled up publicly by his mangers with professionalism issues. obafemi himself should realise other clubs aren't stupid. only desperate clubs take a chance on players with professionalism issues.

Glad Kenny had the foresight to cut this lad loose, hed be poison in our squad.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 6:10pm
I follow Obamfemi on social media and I noticed he shared this story.

Who really knows whats going on with the lad? I've been quick to judge him myself but it is easy to forget he is still just a kid. At his age I was off in nightclubs 3 or 4 nights a week and eating absolute sh*te barely getting through college and doing all sorts of stupid stuff every other day of the week. I didnt care to admit it either at the time but I did miss family and friends being on the other side of the country. Sure it wasnt till I was out of college and into my first real job at 23 or 24 I began to cop onto myself and sort everything out on my own.

Originally posted by wrote:

The Chelsea legend appeared as a pundit on beIN Sports and recalled the classy story.

He said: "I won’t name the player but [I was] working as an assistant at Aston Villa under Dean, who thinks about the players constantly, the lads love him and it’s obviously a shame he lost his job.

“We were training and I wasn’t happy with one particular player. I kind of dug him out and had a one-on-one.

“I said to the gaffer, ‘I’m not happy’. He said, ‘OK, explain it to him.’

"I sat him down and basically went mad at him. I said, ‘Not good enough, you’re not in the team, that’s not going to get you in the team performing like that.’

“He came back, we had a little debate. I told the manager and he said, 'Have you asked him about his family life?’

“It didn’t even enter my head, not at all. The next morning, I texted him and said, ‘Get in early, we’ll have a bit of breakfast.’

“It was during Covid, his family were away, he’d not seen his mum and dad, he’d just had a baby and I was like, ‘Wow.’ I learnt so much working under Dean for those little bits.

“We ended up giving him a day off so he could spend time with his family.

“It was incredible - after that he was like a new player, fighting to get back in the team. Again, it’s man management.

“You need a touch nowadays, a soft side.â€

Edited by Bandwagon - 24 Nov 2021 at 6:13pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 6:17pm
This fellow appears to be a slacker. If so, he will career down the leagues more quickly than he might think.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:46pm
Him and Connolly seem to be very similar. Obviously bags of talent but just something missing that stops them going that bit further. As mentioned, still young lads so hopefully can turn it around.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Him and Connolly seem to be very similar. Obviously bags of talent but just something missing that stops them going that bit further. As mentioned, still young lads so hopefully can turn it around.
Yeah him and Connolly first two of the young strikers to break through also but have made no impact in the last 3 and 2 years retrospectively.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:30pm
this lad will never make it on ability, never mind attitude.
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 125>
  Share Topic