You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Nah MO'N is calling him up to the senior side

Might as well. It is what the smarter nations do to secure players for the future.

PS. That U19 squad named seems to be experimental. No Afolabi, Connolly, Molumby, Martin, Bolger, Coventry, Graydon, O'Hora, Wilson, Travers etc. Lots of lads absent.

He;d can still change though if you've only been capped in friendlies. Think it needs to be competitive
Danger here, OH NO
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

He can still change though if you've only been capped in friendlies. Think it needs to be competitive

Ya, I am aware of that but the sooner you give these lads a feel of the senior setup the better. No harm in calling these lads up for a training squad.
The only way is up
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 3:27pm
Probably going to the u21s
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 3:37pm
Yeah, the 21's are probably the lightest on striking talent of our current underage groups, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved up to there.
We're decent enough..
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 8:47pm
It's not a recognised international date. Club's are under no obligation to release players. A few regular lads have been left out - there's nothing to read into it.
Saints Fan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saints Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:21am
Very talented young man but he moved to England very young, he's been called into the u19s England Squad for friendly's but because there friendly fixtures the club probably wont release the lad.

I would imagine that he would pick England over Ireland given the fact that he's been living there all his life or probably Nigeria since both his parents are from there !

we need to play him in the first team if we want to hold on to him.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 12:56am
Scored for Saints U-23s tonight
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:21am
Well done John
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 5:47pm
I scored in Glasgow this weekend
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:32pm
Has anyone heard any rumours or info about Michael Obafemi's international intentions?

There was a story in a Nigerian tabloid newspaper that his mother said he will declare for Nigeria. I can't find the link, but it was a few months ago. I personally doubt if it's reliable.

If I was Martin O'Neill I would be trying to cap him asap if he's open to it. Turn on the charm offensive etc.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:24pm
Above post was moved from a new thread with the same nameThumbs Up

Edited by nvidic - 10 Jul 2018 at 2:24pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 2:51pm
He was included in our U-19 squad fairly recently and took part. In any case, he hasn't really kicked on from his opportunity with Southampton (which only came due to their dire attacking situation and consequent desperation...), so I don't think we should be falling over ourselves worrying about it. At least not yet.
We're decent enough..
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

He was included in our U-19 squad fairly recently and took part. In any case, he hasn't really kicked on from his opportunity with Southampton (which only came due to their dire attacking situation and consequent desperation...), so I don't think we should be falling over ourselves worrying about it. At least not yet.

Kicked on from when, January?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:10pm
Obviously? After his solitary appearance, he didn't make even make the bench again for the rest of the season. I think that would typically be described as a failure to kick on from a good opportunity.
We're decent enough..
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Obviously? After his solitary appearance, he didn't make even make the bench again for the rest of the season. I think that would typically be described as a failure to kick on from a good opportunity.

Would you really expect a team battling relegation to be giving 18 years olds opportunities on the run in?
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:52pm
He was answering a few questions from fans on his Instagram in a video recently enough. 

Someone asked him was he going to be Ireland’s next Robbie Keane and he seemed genuine enough when he answered, and said “yeah I’d love to” or something along those lines. 

Not much to go on but he seems happy enough to be playing for Ireland at the moment. 

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:35am
Mountain out of molehill
When he makes his decision then talk about it
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:18am
Lads what is this lad like? What type of player is he?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 125>
  Share Topic