Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 125>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

as a Blackburn fan  selling Armstrong won't make any difference.  First Newcastle have  a 40 percent sell on clause.  Second  Mowbray won't be given any of the money to spend anyway.  Armstrong is in the last year of his contract.  Mowbray has caused this by his mismanagement of the club.  Obafemi will be well out of the Blackburn wage structure 

Mamma Mia!! A tough auld summer all round for ya me auld mucker. Wink

Indeed 

And just when you did think it could not get any worse , there is talk of the Chicken farmers pulling out .

Ahhhhh great to be a Claret on days like this Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Please say its true
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:36pm
No sign of Ings or Obafemi in today’s pre season game. Ings confirmed for Villa shortly after. Any chance Obafemi/Armstrong swap deal is coming to fruition also?
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

No sign of Ings or Obafemi in today’s pre season game. Ings confirmed for Villa shortly after. Any chance Obafemi/Armstrong swap deal is coming to fruition also?

Been linked.  As a Blackburn fan also been  linked with a swap plus cash with idah
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:38am
The Obafemi to Blackburn transfer appears to be back on again, possibly separately from any transfer of Adam Armstrong in the other direction. Southampton seem to want to sell him and Blackburn seem to be keen to get him so there must be a decent chance that this goes through. It would mean another Irish player dropping out of the Premier League but that's not necessarily a bad thing if it means he gets regular game time. Hopefully he's at least with the Under 21s this month if not the senior squad.

The Idah to Blackburn thing seems to have died a death, if there was ever anything in it to begin with - Norwich do seem to be looking for another forward though.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The Obafemi to Blackburn transfer appears to be back on again, possibly separately from any transfer of Adam Armstrong in the other direction. Southampton seem to want to sell him and Blackburn seem to be keen to get him so there must be a decent chance that this goes through. It would mean another Irish player dropping out of the Premier League but that's not necessarily a bad thing if it means he gets regular game time. Hopefully he's at least with the Under 21s this month if not the senior squad.

The Idah to Blackburn thing seems to have died a death, if there was ever anything in it to begin with - Norwich do seem to be looking for another forward though.

This is the way I see it although as you say it’s “separate” deals I very much doubt Blackburn would have been motivated to sell without a talented young attacker thrown in as a replacement to sweeten the deal especially one they seem keen on. 

Will be a good move for Obafemi dropping a level to play regularly. Would be very interested to see how he rolls there. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:02pm
Well, Armstrong apparrently having a So'ton medical tomorrow so that move looks all but done.
Leaving Blackburn with a notable striker-gap in their squad.
And leaving Obafemi further down the pecking order if he sticks around.

Hope he does goto Blackburn and soon.

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:36pm
He hasn't had a fair run of games yet due to selection and injury so it would be great to see him play regularly in the championship. I suspect he'll do very well as he didn't look out of place when he did play premier league games.

His pace would be a benefit to any team including the ireland team. We have some young players coming through that look very promising but I think only Obafemi has rocket boots in thr pace department.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

He hasn't had a fair run of games yet due to selection and injury so it would be great to see him play regularly in the championship. I suspect he'll do very well as he didn't look out of place when he did play premier league games.

His pace would be a benefit to any team including the ireland team. We have some young players coming through that look very promising but I think only Obafemi has rocket boots in thr pace department.

I think Festy could give Michael a run for his money in a foot-race!
I'd like to see em do a 100m dash Big smile
Grammar Police View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar Police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Or, just a race. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:12pm
LOL
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Grammar Police Grammar Police wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Or, just a race. 

Well, we can all agree an egg-and-spoon race would be better.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:36pm
Shane Long is faster than Obafemi.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Shane Long is was faster than Obafemi.
It's not me it's you:-)
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Long was the fasted Southampton player last season and 3rd highest overall in the Premier League in 2020/21 season. Id say hes still faster than him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 11:19am
£6m fee to Blackburn being rumoured
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

£6m fee to Blackburn being rumoured

What price did Southampton pay for Armstrong ?
 The reason why i ask is that Newcastle had a 40% sell on tagged on to him so if it was £20 million say they will have come out with 12 and 6 for Obafemi that puts them £6 million in profit .
Now the last time i looked they were £192 million in debt LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 12:45pm

Shane Long is faster than Obafemi.

Pity he is not at the olympics so
AKA pedantic kunt
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Long was the fasted Southampton player last season and 3rd highest overall in the Premier League in 2020/21 season. Id say hes still faster than him.

Joking aside. If Blackburn pay £6m for him in their financial state they must intend to play him. Anytime i see him play he looks very raw but with lots of potential. 

He is really powerfully looking although not that tall. I know some question his fitness but a run of games in  the Championship could be the making of him. It is a lot easier to be dedicated when u are getting games and scoring goals.
It's not me it's you:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 125>
  Share Topic