You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 125>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

He certainly can switch if he wants to.
Needs to be put to bed in September.  If he is fit he should be in the squad.

He’s useless, no loss, let him off to Nigeria 

Would find it harder to get into the Nigeria team at this moment in time than Ireland. 

As things stand he's no great loss to either nation.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:48pm
There will be a "where are they now" article of Irish wonderkids in a decades time and I'd put my house on Obafemi having spent the the majority of his career in the lower leagues of English football.

Aside from his pace, he has very limited ability.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:34am
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I don’t think he will play for Ireland again. 

Crystal ball type prediction supported by absolutely no reasoning whatsoever.

Nope openly supported England at the Euros and has unfollowed the FAI on all socials. Furthermore, reports in Nigeria that his agent has reached out re switching over.

Can you provide support for all of this please? I see nothing on his Twitter regarding England. And "reports in Nigeria" are not always incredibly solid pieces of evidence, especially if the report is just about an agent that "has reached out." 

Unfair scepticism here. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I don’t think he will play for Ireland again. 

Crystal ball type prediction supported by absolutely no reasoning whatsoever.

Nope openly supported England at the Euros and has unfollowed the FAI on all socials. Furthermore, reports in Nigeria that his agent has reached out re switching over.

Can you provide support for all of this please? I see nothing on his Twitter regarding England. And "reports in Nigeria" are not always incredibly solid pieces of evidence, especially if the report is just about an agent that "has reached out." 

Unfair scepticism here. 

There was a video doing the rounds recently of him cheering with his mates when England scored against Ukraine. That's the only thing I've seen and haven't heard anything regarding Nigeria. 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Linked with a move to Blackburn. Would be good to see him get a run of games next season in the Championship.
twitter suggests that is not the case, Hassenhuttl is impressed with Obafemi and his fitness so far in preseason.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Linked with a move to Blackburn. Would be good to see him get a run of games next season in the Championship.
twitter suggests that is not the case, Hassenhuttl is impressed with Obafemi and his fitness so far in preseason. 

Consensus I was reading they will only leave him go on loan as part of the deal? All very confusing isn’t it. They really need to loan him out if they are signing Armstrong I think and should do it to sweeten any deal if they want him. At the age now a regular run of games would be a massive plus to him to develop properly. 

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 3:18pm
linked with Blackburn for £6M
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 5:02pm
Big enough money for a largely unproven injury prone player.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 5:16pm
This seems to be a straightforward one. Southampton want Armstrong and Blackburn are happy to sell for the right offer. That would be about 20m however Southampton ain’t keen on paying that for him as he out of contract next season lot of money in that context. 

As a result Blackburn seemingly like Obafemi and want him as a direct replacement to sweeten any deal for them that would involve lowering the price. Would be a good move for all parties actually think Obafemi would relish just dropping a level to play regularly at this point in his career.  

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Aug 2021 at 6:09pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

If true. I’m sure it’s not an uneducated bid. Look at the money they’ll make from Armstrong and he done nothing at at a higher level.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 8:49pm

20m for Brewster.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

If true. I’m sure it’s not an uneducated bid. Look at the money they’ll make from Armstrong and he done nothing at at a higher level.

Armstrong albeit he hasn't played much in the PL let alone score, has over 250 appearances and 85 goals to his name at just 24. He also isnt injury prone.

And like Brewster mentioned there too, theres the aul 50% English Tax tacked on. Like Ben White to arsenal for f**king £50m LOL

I suppose £6m is little money in the grand scheme of things in the modern game.

Edited by Bandwagon - 01 Aug 2021 at 9:19pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:48am
Blackbum are flat broke need to sell never mind buy . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 10:56am
as a Blackburn fan  selling Armstrong won't make any difference.  First Newcastle have  a 40 percent sell on clause.  Second  Mowbray won't be given any of the money to spend anyway.  Armstrong is in the last year of his contract.  Mowbray has caused this by his mismanagement of the club.  Obafemi will be well out of the Blackburn wage structure 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

as a Blackburn fan  selling Armstrong won't make any difference.  First Newcastle have  a 40 percent sell on clause.  Second  Mowbray won't be given any of the money to spend anyway.  Armstrong is in the last year of his contract.  Mowbray has caused this by his mismanagement of the club.  Obafemi will be well out of the Blackburn wage structure 

Mamma Mia!! A tough auld summer all round for ya me auld mucker. Wink

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:23pm
Last time I checked, Armstrong was on £17,000 a week, i.e. £884,000 a year. Obafemi is on less than that, £11,500 a week or £600,000 a year ( Shane Long gets rather more at £60,000 a week or £3,100,000 a year). Both Armstrong and Obafemi are on contracts that expire at the end of June 2022 so a switch might make sense for both as well as their clubs. I wasn't aware of the sell-on terms for Armstrong but that will surely be a significant factor for Blackburn.
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Indeed 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:16pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Indeed 

And just when you did think it could not get any worse , there is talk of the Chicken farmers pulling out .

Ahhhhh great to be a Claret on days like this Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 125>
  Share Topic