Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 125>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 4:18pm
Robinson is a good player but hasn't really delivered for Ireland, he may prosper under Kenny though, especially if playing a front 3.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:11pm
Maguire should be nowhere near our squad.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:49am
i think mcguire and hogan are not good enough and never will be. in the short term i'd pick Mcg, Long, Connolly, Oba, Robinson.

After the play offs i would start blooding more. 

Obafemi ......big man togged out, reminds me of Nudie Hughes in corner forwardBig smile
It's not me it's you:-)
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 12:03pm
I forgot Maguire existed. Shouldn't be in the squad with that haircut anyway. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:44pm
Taken off after 45 mins, injured?
We're decent enough..
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Taken off after 45 mins, injured?

Tactical I think 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 10:52pm
interesting stat about Obafemi's appearance today: https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1284869743883759620

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 10:22am
Time for more trivia. ' Obafemi ' means ' the King loves me . ' Afolabi', as in Jonathan Afolabi, means ' born in wealth and high status .' Both can be first or last names. Really hitting the jackpot is Afolabi Obafemi, elder brother of Michael , who plays for Barking and was formerly with Leyton Orient.

Edited by Green Cockade - 20 Jul 2020 at 10:25am
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 2:52pm
With Obafemi shortlisted (80 strong shortlist) for the golden boy award, along with the likes of Haaland and Sancho. It would seem that he is rated higher than our other potential young forwards.

I know Parrott is highly rated, as is idah and connolly but Obafemi more so, would be good to see him realise that potential next season.

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 5:45pm
Troy looked the outstanding striking prospect at u-21. He’s younger than all the rest and came off the bench to win the game in Sweden. I still say he’s the one that’ll have the most fruitful career.

Obafemi only started in Iceland I think when the game was a freak show due to wind so I couldn’t judge him but Kenny didn’t pick him when all were available.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:06pm
Obafemi started PL games this season. Hogan and Parrott didn't do that. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:22pm
Obafemi being linked to West Brom and Aston Villa 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Pity he doesn't share Jazzy Jeff's agent.  He'd be linked with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Edited by Trap junior - 19 Aug 2020 at 7:24pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Pity he doesn't share Jazzy Jeff's agent.  He'd be linked with Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Is your default setting that you can only ever talk about one topic no matter whar the thread? With MON gone you're like a broken record obsessing over Hendrick.
We're decent enough..
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:34pm

LOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:49pm

Is your default setting that you can only ever talk about one topic no matter whar the thread? With MON gone you're like a broken record obsessing over Hendrick.

It is getting a bit tiresome at this stage.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:56pm

It was funny tbf
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:56pm
Sorry guys.  I'm on Zoom here and I have Eva Longoria and Una Healy wanting to chat to me but I told them I'd rather you guys about Jeff.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 125>
  Share Topic