You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Obafemi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 125>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

McCarthy's a prime cock

What's he said that's incorrect there?

What have I said that’s incorrect?

So your issue is with him being honest?

He might be too honest tho, do you think he’d have been so blunt if he wasn’t already tied to us?

Case in point is Connell in the last squad, he was going to retain him and by all accounts give him a run had he not got injured

I think calling him a prime cock for being honest about a player with a total of two Premier League starts is way OTT if we're sticking with honesty...

Different case with Connell in that Gibraltar was the opposition.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:01pm
If Troy Parrott makes the final 23 he will look a bit silly after his comments re Obafemi.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:21pm

I don't think mick has ever been one for talent spotting to be fair.

in his time at Ipswich he signed a total of 81 players with 56% of his signings having made less than 10 starts for the club, while only eight have scored 10 goals or more 

Admittedly he did extremely well considering he spent about £4m total in all his time there.

Edited by Left foot - 20 Aug 2019 at 7:23pm
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:21pm

McCarthy's a prime cock

What's he said that's incorrect there?

What have I said that’s incorrect?

So your issue is with him being honest?

He might be too honest tho, do you think he’d have been so blunt if he wasn’t already tied to us?

Case in point is Connell in the last squad, he was going to retain him and by all accounts give him a run had he not got injured

I think calling him a prime cock for being honest about a player with a total of two Premier League starts is way OTT if we're sticking with honesty...

Different case with Connell in that Gibraltar was the opposition.

Different with Connell?, bull, no matter who the opposition was , he was going to throw an untried 18 year old into a qualifying game with the sole purpose of tying him down

Edited by Howdo - 20 Aug 2019 at 7:31pm
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:36pm
Sean Mcguire has had a few opportunities and looks like he will maybe never be anywhere near good enough at international level from what I’ve seen.. might be ok in the championship.. Obafemi deserves a decent run out at the very least ( Bulgaria friendly)
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I don't think mick has ever been one for talent spotting to be fair.

in his time at Ipswich he signed a total of 81 players with 56% of his signings having made less than 10 starts for the club, while only eight have scored 10 goals or more 

Admittedly he did extremely well considering he spent about £4m total in all his time there.

Do those stats not show that Mick is far from a conservative manager
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:39pm
Or he could play in the u21's and then call him up if he deserves to be called up.

The players in the squad should be there on merit, the only reason Obafemi played against Denmark was because O'Neill wanted to avoid another player slipping through the net on his watch.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Or he could play in the u21's and then call him up if he deserves to be called up.

The players in the squad should be there on merit, the only reason Obafemi played against Denmark was because O'Neill wanted to avoid another player slipping through the net on his watch.

As far as I remember O’Neill nearly made a balls of that as well, given the fact that Obafemi had to release a statement that he was fully committed
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:13pm

McCarthy's a prime cock

Any craic Hans? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 6:48pm
Starts this evening's game at Fulham. Long on the bench.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 7:11pm
Be great to see obafemi score
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:00pm
Scores vs Fulham in the League Cup. Assisted by Redmond (remember when we were hoping that he'd make the switch a year ago). 

Edited by cildaratown - 27 Aug 2019 at 9:01pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:01pm
Scores.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:01pm
get in
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:04pm
They all count but this was the tap in of tap ins
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:04pm
Really good to see him on the scoresheet.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:17pm
Damn injured 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Damn injured 

Oh no. How bad?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 125>
  Share Topic